Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Jabra Elite Active 75t Renewed $149.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 11:24 am
Mar 20, 2011
734 posts
2980 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: Your ear seal and ANC setup probably needs to be reconfigured. I notice quite a change with ANC outdoor.
I just tried changing my ear tips. Went from the medium sized ones, which were by far the most comfortable, to the large ones, which I literally had to jam into the ear canals, to the point where they're so tight half the time when I take the headphones out the ear tips actually fold out inverted.
The ANC did get ever so slightly better I guess but not enough for it to be worth the discomfort of the increased pressure on the ears when they're in, and also, I found that the largest tips sometimes don't get a good seal at all depending on how I put them in and sometimes I'll have to take them out and retry.

I'm now convinced the 75t is a victim of it's own success. It's passive noise cancelling was so good that the ANC brought little difference (to my ears). Comparing it to something like my wife's airpod pros, whose PNC was maybe like a 4/10 and ANC brought it to 8/10... The Jabra 75t PNC started off at like a 7/10 and ANC with the right tips, might have brought it to like a 7.2/10. For that minor difference, I'm personally electing to keep it off to save battery.

Still love my 75t though, and hey, can't complain about a free upgrade
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1433 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver
chun_man17 wrote: I just tried changing my ear tips. Went from the medium sized ones, which were by far the most comfortable, to the large ones, which I literally had to jam into the ear canals, to the point where they're so tight half the time when I take the headphones out the ear tips actually fold out inverted.
The ANC did get ever so slightly better I guess but not enough for it to be worth the discomfort of the increased pressure on the ears when they're in, and also, I found that the largest tips sometimes don't get a good seal at all depending on how I put them in and sometimes I'll have to take them out and retry.

I'm now convinced the 75t is a victim of it's own success. It's passive noise cancelling was so good that the ANC brought little difference (to my ears). Comparing it to something like my wife's airpod pros, whose PNC was maybe like a 4/10 and ANC brought it to 8/10... The Jabra 75t PNC started off at like a 7/10 and ANC with the right tips, might have brought it to like a 7.2/10.

Still love my 75t though, and hey, can't complain about a free upgrade
I agree. On my t75 actives, I find ANC only makes a minor difference. I'm sure mine are sealing well because when they're in my ears, it sounds similar to having disposable earplugs on. When I turn on ANC, in most settings i hear little to no noticeable difference. I can hear the difference if I turn on my kitchen fan and stand next to it. The difference is most noticeable when trying to block out loud white noise. Overall, I think it's great they enabled the feature but it doesn't silence everything, only attenuates noise a little more than passive noise cancellation.
Dec 17, 2010
53 posts
13 upvotes
I ordered these Wednesday ($159.99/free shipping) and had them in my hands in about 24 hours even though they shipped from the US.
The sound quality is fantastic! Bass is amazing for earbuds. Very happy so far.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)