Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Jackery 9th Anniversary Sale Site Wide 15% Off Everything

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2021 10:48 pm
[OP]
Banned
Oct 17, 2021
4 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Jackery 9th Anniversary Sale Site Wide 15% Off Everything

I guess because I entered the Jackery contest that I got an email that said a sale starts today that will be on everything.

It says everything will be 15% off from 10-18-21 to 10-20-21.

The site says it will be on Amazon too and then a Discover card should be an extra 5% cash back, almost make up for my tax charged then.

"15% OFF 9th Anniversary Sale
We're offering 15% off all products site-wide from Oct. 18th to Oct. 20th! Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity to power your next trip!
(This amazing deal will be available on Jackery's website, Amazon USA, Amazon Canada, Amazon UK and Amazon DE)

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=jackery&ref=nb_sb_noss_2


https://www.jackery.com/pages/jackery-9 ... le%20alert
Images
  • attachment.php-4.jpeg
  • attachment.php-3.jpeg
  • attachment.php-2.jpeg
  • attachment.php.jpeg
Last edited by TaraLovesDogs on Oct 18th, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love my dogs. I wish my husband would listen to me as well as they do.
53 replies
Banned
Sep 5, 2021
3 posts
2 upvotes
Apply $40.00 coupon

BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: The Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station has been featured as the "Best Portable Power Station for use in the outdoors" by Digital Trends. A classic choice for your pick.
EASY TO CARRY: This entry-level portable power station is equipped with a 240Wh lithium-ion battery pack, weighing only at 6.6 pounds. The solid handle makes it easy to carry around for outdoor adventures such as Tent Camping, Road Trip, Backyard Camping, etc.
VERSATILE POWER SOURCE: 1* Pure Sine Wave AC outlet (110V 200W 400W Peak), 2* USB-A ports (5V, 2.4A), and 1* 12V DC car port to charge your road trip essentials such as smartphones, laptops, cameras, fans, lights and so on. Pass-through charging is supported.
Images
  • Screenshot at Oct 18 18-58-43.png
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1291 posts
222 upvotes
Vancouver
Bluetti seem comparable or better in price... and quality?... what do you think?
Jr. Member
Oct 15, 2020
116 posts
84 upvotes
Edmonton
Really curious about Jackery vs the GOLABS brand for their power stations, time to do some research!
Member
Apr 5, 2018
340 posts
326 upvotes
If I made a DIY solution using a car battery and inverter - what advantages does the Jackery provide?
Newbie
Jan 24, 2018
85 posts
113 upvotes
artofwar wrote: Bluetti seem comparable or better in price... and quality?... what do you think?
I got a sweet deal on some golabs equipment so that's what I have. That being said, if I didn't stumble into such a great deal I would have gone bluetti hands down. Jackery, even on this sale, is overpriced. Their inverters are often worse, their max solar input is often worse and they typically use much lower cycle life batteries.

The bluetti EB70 is a great little unit at its price. This is just my 2 cents but go ahead and watch hobtech on YouTube.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1291 posts
222 upvotes
Vancouver
How are the Bluetti non-LifePO4 batteries compared to the jackery or should I just focus on the LifePO4 batteries instead of the standard lithium ion ones?
Coaler wrote: I got a sweet deal on some golabs equipment so that's what I have. That being said, if I didn't stumble into such a great deal I would have gone bluetti hands down. Jackery, even on this sale, is overpriced. Their inverters are often worse, their max solar input is often worse and they typically use much lower cycle life batteries.

The bluetti EB70 is a great little unit at its price. This is just my 2 cents but go ahead and watch hobtech on YouTube.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1732 posts
3081 upvotes
Vancouver
signops wrote: If I made a DIY solution using a car battery and inverter - what advantages does the Jackery provide?
Advantage is you don't have to DIY
Member
Apr 5, 2018
340 posts
326 upvotes
That would be a good answer if I was building a DIY Rolls Royce. But in this case, this is a Lithium Ion battery and hence the cost.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 13, 2007
2984 posts
3973 upvotes
Calgary
signops wrote: If I made a DIY solution using a car battery and inverter - what advantages does the Jackery provide?
The convenience and aesthetics for one thing. If I were camping, I would prefer to lug one thing rather than a heavy car battery and all the multiple pieces to get it going at the campsite.
Sr. Member
Dec 14, 2011
617 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
signops wrote: If I made a DIY solution using a car battery and inverter - what advantages does the Jackery provide?
At the very minimum you should follow this build if you’re planning to DIY

Newbie
Mar 17, 2019
12 posts
11 upvotes
signops wrote: If I made a DIY solution using a car battery and inverter - what advantages does the Jackery provide?
If you go with Jackery (or Bluetti or GoLabs or GoalZero or any other system), you get more than just the battery and an inverter. You also (typically) get a charger so you can charge the battery while plugged in, an MPPT solar charger (you can't just hook up solar panels to a battery), the equivalent of a fusebox or circuit panel, a screen that shows you usage and capacity, a bunch of USB and 12v ports, and all inside of a form factor that makes it easy to carry around. That small size also makes it ideal for a teardrop trailer or van build.

Oh yeah - you also don't need to wire it all yourself. That said, if this is a project that you want to do for fun then that makes a lot of sense!
Newbie
Mar 17, 2019
12 posts
11 upvotes
Coaler wrote: I got a sweet deal on some golabs equipment so that's what I have. That being said, if I didn't stumble into such a great deal I would have gone bluetti hands down. Jackery, even on this sale, is overpriced. Their inverters are often worse, their max solar input is often worse and they typically use much lower cycle life batteries.

The bluetti EB70 is a great little unit at its price. This is just my 2 cents but go ahead and watch hobtech on YouTube.
I agree on all of this. The EB70 and EB55 are almost perfect for this use case. Jackery isn't quite as good as Bluetti but way more expensive. Kinda like Goal Zero - I like their stuff but they are way too expensive. Hoping Bluett goes on sale during Black Friday to make it an even better deal.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2011
3387 posts
2076 upvotes
West Coast
I don't see any difference in price at the moment on the 293Wh one. It's the same as it was before (419 - 70 coupon), so maybe the 15% is not live yet?

https://www.amazon.ca/Jackery-Portable- ... 423&sr=8-8
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Member
Apr 9, 2012
464 posts
378 upvotes
mm53bar wrote: If you go with Jackery (or Bluetti or GoLabs or GoalZero or any other system), you get more than just the battery and an inverter. You also (typically) get a charger so you can charge the battery while plugged in, an MPPT solar charger (you can't just hook up solar panels to a battery) .....
BIG downside vs. DIY is that some or all of these Name Brand do hickeys require the same brand Solar Panels and for Jackery and Bluetti, their own solar charging systems, as in solar panels and extra parts and were REALLY EXPENSIVE and REALLY SLOW and could not use a standard MC-4 solar connector. So in the end, for "affordability" and "convenience, you end up with a battery in a nice case that is heavy and slow to charge at home via 120 Volt.

If you were to DIY you could avoid all the proprietary expensive parts and do it right.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1866 posts
2263 upvotes
What's everyones reviews of Jackery vs. GoLabs vs. Bluetti? Something convenient for camping (3-4 days max, charging phones devices, maybe that can add cheap solar panels to charge it? (not important))
Newbie
Mar 17, 2019
12 posts
11 upvotes
Mtnviewer wrote: BIG downside vs. DIY is that some or all of these Name Brand do hickeys require the same brand Solar Panels and for Jackery and Bluetti, their own solar charging systems, as in solar panels and extra parts and were REALLY EXPENSIVE and REALLY SLOW and could not use a standard MC-4 solar connector. So in the end, for "affordability" and "convenience, you end up with a battery in a nice case that is heavy and slow to charge at home via 120 Volt.
First off, I'm not an expert at all. I've just watched a LOT of Youtube videos as I try to make my own decisions. In fact, the reason that I'm going with a portable system is precisely because I'm not an expert at the DIY approach. It works for me but I get that it might not work for you.

You're definitely right about the MC-4 connector - I don't think I've seen any portable system that supports that. But I think it's pretty easy to get adapters for the common 8mm input ports that they use. You could even take some of the DIY approach and cut off the ends of the solar panel connectors to start building your own adapters.

Speaking of the solar panels, I agree with you that the Bluetti and Jackery panels are really expensive. Like crazy expensive. But you don't need to match them. If you get a Jackery power station you're not stuck with their solar panels. Where I've heard that you run into problems is if you buy a solar panel that has an onboard solar charger because it won't play well with the portable system's onboard solar charger.
Member
Apr 9, 2012
464 posts
378 upvotes
That is precisely the problem with these things is that they are over priced and way over hyped as per their features. They brag about being able to be charged with solar panels but leave out that it can only be their solar panels, which are expensive junk and horribly low performance.

Why would anyone bother to try to cut off their proprietary solar connectors and search for their plugs or adapters vs just buying or building a diy battery? There may be more to it than just swapping plugs too which the average person will not know, nevermind possible void any warranty. It doesn't make sense. DIY is no more difficult these days than fiddling with these overhyped batteries.

But I guess if one wants to or can afford to over pay for few real world features, then they will gladly sell you one. Oh my, what did we do when we went "camping" before these things came along?

The prices will drop and features will improve sooner than later if people refuse to buy into these marketing scams vs truly useful battery banks. Common sense really is not common.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1989 posts
425 upvotes
Alberta
I'm guessing 90% of buyers aren't planning to hook up solar and just use it as a large battery bank. Buy and use and not fuss with a DIY solution, especially if they're not technically inclined.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1732 posts
3081 upvotes
Vancouver
Mtnviewer wrote: That is precisely the problem with these things is that they are over priced and way over hyped as per their features. They brag about being able to be charged with solar panels but leave out that it can only be their solar panels, which are expensive junk and horribly low performance.

Why would anyone bother to try to cut off their proprietary solar connectors and search for their plugs or adapters vs just buying or building a diy battery? There may be more to it than just swapping plugs too which the average person will not know, nevermind possible void any warranty. It doesn't make sense. DIY is no more difficult these days than fiddling with these overhyped batteries.

But I guess if one wants to or can afford to over pay for few real world features, then they will gladly sell you one. Oh my, what did we do when we went "camping" before these things came along?

The prices will drop and features will improve sooner than later if people refuse to buy into these marketing scams vs truly useful battery banks. Common sense really is not common.
What is even the point of this post?

This product serves a market and a need or it wouldn't exist, clearly you aren't it

Top