Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Jackery Generator Portable Power Station Explorer 240,240Wh Emergency Backup Lithium Battery $369.00

[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1409 posts
304 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Jackery Generator Portable Power Station Explorer 240,240Wh Emergency Backup Lithium Battery $369.00

Great price for home use emergency backup.

https://www.amazon.ca/Jackery-Generator ... 665&sr=8-1
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 19th, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed link
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
54 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1552 posts
237 upvotes
Markham
I see $329 after a $40 coupon
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2501 posts
1891 upvotes
Clarington
It only has 240wh? Why not just buy a car/marine battery and an inverter?
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1323 posts
1050 upvotes
Bawler wrote: It only has 240wh? Why not just buy a car/marine battery and an inverter?
I bought a 1200w pure sine wave inverter and run it off my idling car. Works better than a generator for my needs.
Jun 18, 2016
269 posts
600 upvotes
Bawler wrote: It only has 240wh? Why not just buy a car/marine battery and an inverter?
This is 6.6lbs total whereas just the car battery itself is 40+ lbs. For home it probably doesn’t matter but if you’re carrying this it makes a difference
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2501 posts
1891 upvotes
Clarington
MooseV2 wrote: This is 6.6lbs total whereas just the car battery itself is 40+ lbs. For home it probably doesn’t matter but if you’re carrying this it makes a difference
OP literally said "Great price for home use emergency backup"...
Jan 20, 2007
292 posts
55 upvotes
Montreal
I was looking into this but you have to be cautious on what you are running off that.
Most cards only produce 50 amps at idle, 50 amps x 12v = 600w; if you are drawing more than that you will be discharging the battery, and a vehicle battery does not like to go below 80% charge from what I understand.
Aug 21, 2019
166 posts
125 upvotes
Meh, and I wouldn't use it for a home backup its simply not enough power. A gas powered generator is more suitable at home, this could work as a light portable power pack in your car.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5766 posts
1500 upvotes
Calgary
Bawler wrote: OP literally said "Great price for home use emergency backup"...
for which this would be completely useless

what's this going to do for you if your whole house has lost power?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5766 posts
1500 upvotes
Calgary
i might consider the bigger 500Wh, but it'd have to be this price... this is just way over priced, you can get a car booster pack with the same amount of capacity for half the price and more functionality (including plug-ins/inverter), sure its not pure sine but most modern appliances have their own protections.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1323 posts
1050 upvotes
w01f wrote: I was looking into this but you have to be cautious on what you are running off that.
Most cards only produce 50 amps at idle, 50 amps x 12v = 600w; if you are drawing more than that you will be discharging the battery, and a vehicle battery does not like to go below 80% charge from what I understand.
Yup, all depends on your needs. Though a healthy alternator should output closer to 14 amps. For me this is perfect. The 1200w allows me to start up my furnace that then only uses 240w. Which leaves lots of room for pc, tv or phone. Then i do not need to store and maintain a generator. Plus if my car is full it can idle for almost 2 days where as a generator im filling up every 5 hours. It also cost half the price of this unit which would not run my furnace for even an hour before being depleted.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07G36 ... UTF8&psc=1 Here is the one I have it was $180 a couple weeks ago.

All I care is that I can run my furnace and something to keep me entertained. If power is out for a really long time then I can switch from furnace to fridge every once in a while (could probably run both but err on the side of caution).
Last edited by slayerwulf on Jan 19th, 2020 11:06 am, edited 7 times in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1323 posts
1050 upvotes
Also you have to be careful with these power stations because well Lithium makes for absolutely terrible backup batteries. There is 2 things they hate being empty and being full. The latter being a big issue for emergency backup.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2452 posts
2091 upvotes
Richmond Hill
slayerwulf wrote: Yup, all depends on your needs. Though a healthy alternator should output closer to 14 amps. For me this is perfect. The 1200w allows me to start up my furnace that then only uses 240w. Which leaves lots of room for pc, tv or phone. Then i do not need to store and maintain a generator. Plus if my car is full it can idle for almost 2 days where as a generator im filling up every 5 hours. It also cost half the price of this unit which would not run my furnace for even an hour before being depleted.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07G36 ... UTF8&psc=1 Here is the one I have it was $180 a couple weeks ago.

All I care is that I can run my furnace and something to keep me entertained. If power is out for a really long time then I can switch from furnace to fridge every once in a while (could probably run both but err on the side of caution).
Interesting, I am trying to learn. So how do you power your furnace from this???

Do you have those battery cable connect to your car all the time?
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1409 posts
304 upvotes
slayerwulf wrote: Yup, all depends on your needs. Though a healthy alternator should output closer to 14 amps. For me this is perfect. The 1200w allows me to start up my furnace that then only uses 240w. Which leaves lots of room for pc, tv or phone. Then i do not need to store and maintain a generator. Plus if my car is full it can idle for almost 2 days where as a generator im filling up every 5 hours. It also cost half the price of this unit which would not run my furnace for even an hour before being depleted.

I see, you used this inverter, but who do you use to store the energy?
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text