Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Jackery Portable Power Station 240 $259.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2021 9:58 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 7, 2001
7261 posts
1100 upvotes
Alberta

[Amazon.ca] Jackery Portable Power Station 240 $259.99

Decent deal backup power like charging devices (eg. Cell phones, CPAP).

Dave
156 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2009
1336 posts
492 upvotes
Seems really expensive for what it is TBH. Think I'll stick with a few smaller chargers instead.
Member
Nov 20, 2016
221 posts
139 upvotes
u0dcameron wrote: Seems really expensive for what it is TBH. Think I'll stick with a few smaller chargers instead.
You can plug this into a solar panel and use it as an off-the-grid power station.
Member
Dec 12, 2012
288 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
for it to be any useful on a weekend camping trip (cooking, lights, mini-fridge), i was considering the Jackery explorer 1000, but that's way too expensive for what it is
Newbie
Dec 3, 2020
31 posts
20 upvotes
I bought this at $50 off and thought that was a decent deal.

I wanted this as an emergency power source for a small condo. I haven’t had a need to use it yet (thankfully), but it should be enough to keep my living room lamp lit during a power outage.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 22, 2007
27081 posts
6508 upvotes
Hamilton
Damn. Too bad the 500 isn’t on sale
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 9, 2009
6011 posts
1877 upvotes
Montreal
u0dcameron wrote: Seems really expensive for what it is TBH. Think I'll stick with a few smaller chargers instead.
OP is underselling what this does. It's not just a big portable charger. Along with USB outlets, it also supports 110V and 12 V. The battery has a 67000 mAh capacity which can charge your cell phone 24 times over. It also easily supports solar charging. It's great for off-the-grid camping or as a backup power source if you live somewhere with frequent power outages.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 7, 2001
7261 posts
1100 upvotes
Alberta
psyko514 wrote: OP is underselling what this does. It's not just a big portable charger. Along with USB outlets, it also supports 110V and 12 V. The battery has a 67000 mAh capacity which can charge your cell phone 24 times over. It also easily supports solar charging. It's great for off-the-grid camping or as a backup power source if you live somewhere with frequent power outages.
I would be using it for my CPAP during extended power outages. So many different uses....since it is relatively portable unlike a car battery.

Dave
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2003
2257 posts
81 upvotes
Montreal
DavidY wrote: I would be using it for my CPAP during extended power outages. So many different uses....since it is relatively portable unlike a car battery.

Dave
How long do you think you can power up the cpap with this battery pack?

Maybe will get one for my mom.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 8, 2006
1074 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
waloshin wrote: Wouldn't this do the same thing minus not being able solar charge? Though with 600 watts of power and the benefits of boosting.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/moto ... 2014p.html
The Canadian Tire one is a modified sine save vs. the OP's which has pure sine wave 110V AC. Big difference for some applications (ie electronics, ...)
buffylover wrote: im pretty sure thincrust hates you
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 7, 2001
7261 posts
1100 upvotes
Alberta
vpower wrote: How long do you think you can power up the cpap with this battery pack?

Maybe will get one for my mom.
3-4 nights observed here. https://thinkandfind.com/best-portable- ... -for-cpap/

Varies by pressure, fixed CPAP vs APAP, AC vs DC (get the optional DC converter is much more efficient), duration of a night's sleep. Excluding the power sucking humidifier extends the battery life by a large margin.

I am expecting between 3 and 5 nights...possibly longer since I don't typically use humidity and have a DC converter for my Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset (24V). Dreamstation is 12V. My pressure is typically 10-11.

Dave
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2003
2257 posts
81 upvotes
Montreal
Thank you for your inputs.
DavidY wrote: 3-4 nights observed here. https://thinkandfind.com/best-portable- ... -for-cpap/

Varies by pressure, fixed CPAP vs APAP, AC vs DC (get the optional DC converter is much more efficient), duration of a night's sleep. Excluding the power sucking humidifier extends the battery life by a large margin.

I am expecting between 3 and 5 nights...possibly longer since I don't typically use humidity and have a DC converter for my Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset (24V). Dreamstation is 12V. My pressure is typically 10-11.

Dave
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 6, 2005
10938 posts
1110 upvotes
Squamish
Been wanting one of these for a little while, but I just feel like this one is too small... And once you adapt to using this portable power, you're going find this is too small.

At least that's my theory and worry!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 9, 2012
3459 posts
2097 upvotes
Kitchener
waloshin wrote: Wouldn't this do the same thing minus not being able solar charge? Though with 600 watts of power and the benefits of boosting.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/moto ... 2014p.html
The inverter is 600 watts, but it doesn't state battery capacity. Other benefit to what the OP posted is that it is a li-ion battery, as opposed to lead-acid.

I'm still of the mindset that someone who knows a little bit about batteries, inverters, solar panels, etc., could build something much better for a similar price.
Why can't we all just get along?
Newbie
Sep 17, 2019
43 posts
25 upvotes
is that solar input specific to their own panels or is it some kind of standard?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1164 posts
2310 upvotes
jeff1970 wrote: The inverter is 600 watts, but it doesn't state battery capacity. Other benefit to what the OP posted is that it is a li-ion battery, as opposed to lead-acid.

I'm still of the mindset that someone who knows a little bit about batteries, inverters, solar panels, etc., could build something much better for a similar price.
I owned this model (it's still sitting dust here somewhere ) and it took so long to charge I couldn't be bothered to use it. Should have returned it.

Top