Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Jamieson Melatonin 10 mg Dual Action Time Release (100 count) for $8.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2020 11:07 am
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
244 posts
882 upvotes
MILTON

[Amazon.ca] Jamieson Melatonin 10 mg Dual Action Time Release (100 count) for $8.99

• Timed-release technology helps increase the total sleep time
  • Helps improve sleep quality
  • Natural, safe and non-habit forming sleep aid
  • Maximum potency
73 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12833 posts
13537 upvotes
Watch it.

Certain people will stay groggy on this dose, especially on slow release.

Maybe good for a Saturday night on a slow Sunday.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Jan 15th, 2020 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 14, 2017
173 posts
75 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Watch it.

Certain people will stay groggy in this dose on slow release.

Maybe good for a Saturday night on a slow Sunday.
Ya I think I'll cut them in half for that reason. Hopefully helps with my week of nights. Thanks OP!
Dec 5, 2009
66 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
I only use half a pill, easily snap with nails. Great for a restful sleep when you are overworked or caffeinated. Resets your rest cycle.
Oct 1, 2017
89 posts
168 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Meh, I take these almost daily and it’s the only thing that lets me actually sleep.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1939 posts
996 upvotes
Montreal
LoveDealios wrote: Ya I think I'll cut them in half for that reason. Hopefully helps with my week of nights. Thanks OP!
Poutinesauce wrote: 10 mg is way too much, 5mg tops.
rolo512 wrote: I only use half a pill, easily snap with nails. Great for a restful sleep when you are overworked or caffeinated. Resets your rest cycle.
I'm not sure what you guys are thinking. Time release capsules work by releasing one layer first and then the second layer after its protective layer is digested. If you cut or crack the tablet or capsule, you are defeating the timed release technology and releasing the contents all at once. You are better off just buying 5mg tablets.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1414 posts
429 upvotes
If you're going to take melatonin, I would start with 1-2.5mg and see how that works for you; 10mg is too much unless you've already done your due diligence and established that dosage is appropriate. I'm not a small person and after trying a 5mg tablet I was groggy the next day. Also do some research first for any interactions with anything else you may be taking.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13726 posts
1913 upvotes
Mississauga
sleizure wrote: Nice price - I used to rely on these big doses of Melatonin, giving them the thumbs up for approval that _I could get to sleep_. I read this in 2018 and have since readjusted my views and take a much lower dose to avoid the hangover feeling: https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/E4cKD9i ... ed-to-know
What an amazing and refreshingly informational read without the bs. Bookmarked for future reference.
Jun 30, 2016
104 posts
42 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
I make 6 parts of a 3mg tablet and it works in putting me to sleep. Staying asleep is, oh, another matter.

Why not buy 1mg tablets? True RFD'er, 3mg is more VFM than the 1mg ones.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2006
1493 posts
1599 upvotes
Canada
I have used the regular melatonin in different strengths and it doesn't help me at all to fall asleep. So I wonder if these time release type ones would be any different?