Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Jamieson Melatonin 10 mg Dual Action Time Release (100 count) for $8.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2020 11:07 am
Jun 10, 2016
82 posts
172 upvotes
Taking 5mg SL to fix sleep schedule - works by making me drowsy at an earlier time, but not strong enough to keep me asleep during the entire night - waking up around 5-6 hours later. Not groggy at all during the morning. Might give these extended release 10mg a try.

As an aside, as previously mentioned, oral bioavailability is quite low - so 10mg orally you might be getting only 1.5mg. And dosage also heavily dependent on a variety of factors including body weight, age, metabolism, etc... so idk why people are saying that 10mg orally is too much.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13904 posts
2035 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Hmm.

Had not considered bioavailabilty earlier.

2013 study, although only 12 folks were part of it.
The absolute bioavailability of oral melatonin tablets was studied in 12 normal healthy volunteers. Subjects were administered, in a randomized crossover fashion, melatonin 2 mg intravenously and 2 and 4 mg orally. Blood was sampled over approximately eight (estimated) half‐lives. Both the 2 and the 4 mg oral dosages showed an absolute bioavailability of approximately 15%. No difference in serum half‐life was seen in any of the study phases. Oral melatonin tablets in dosages of 2 and 4 mg show poor absolute bioavailability, either due to poor oral absorption, large first‐pass metabolism, or a combination of both. Further studies examining larger doses, in an attempt to saturate first‐pass metabolism if it occurs, may be warranted.
Dec 7, 2008
642 posts
90 upvotes
I take two 10mg pills before bed each night and sleep much better
Apr 30, 2008
62 posts
28 upvotes
I've read articles about doses being too high for some people. So I lower my dose. Im 210 lbs and I take 0.5 mg of melatonin (yes I cut a 2mg pill 4 ways) which knocks me out. So try different doses you may be surprised.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1722 posts
1677 upvotes
I've been taking these for 1 year whenever I need that little something to fall asleep (1-2x per week). The slow release makes all the difference. But for my father who has zero problems falling asleep but wakes up in the middle of the night and can't get good sleep after that, these are almost useless.
May 26, 2007
950 posts
425 upvotes
Coppertone2005 wrote: Anyone knows if Costco carries similar product?
I saw them the other day and I remember thinking same if not better deal...don't remember details
Apr 23, 2019
23 posts
261 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: Hmm.

Had not considered bioavailabilty earlier.

2013 study, although only 12 folks were part of it.
melatonin is commonly taken sublingually, which bypasses first pass metabolism.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4207 posts
606 upvotes
Toronto
10 mg doesn't always work for me.
Dec 24, 2011
258 posts
411 upvotes
TORONTO, Canada
BadBichLover wrote: Is it just me? The link told me the price is 14.24 instead of 8.99 for 100 counts.
Me too. Dead deal me thinks.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
2001 posts
155 upvotes
York Region
Does anybody know if there is any study done out there on the dependency of melatonin if someone uses it on the nightly bases?
I try Googling and find none.