Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Jamieson Melatonin 10mg $8.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2019 1:35 am
Jan 14, 2013
279 posts
273 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Jamieson Melatonin 10mg $8.99

Regular price $15.47, on sale for $8.99, lowest price as per camecamelcamel.
Max 4 per account.
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 14th, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
62 replies
Sep 4, 2017
862 posts
1384 upvotes
I've read somewhere that 0.8 - 1mg is the most effective dose and it doesn't hinder your natural melatonin production. Companies that sell melatonin in a high dose is pathetic.
Oct 18, 2010
399 posts
287 upvotes
Is this a good deal?

If it is, I'll buy it. I would just cut it in multiple pieces.
Jan 14, 2013
279 posts
273 upvotes
cardenas wrote: Is this a good deal?

Walmart equate brand is $12 for the same qty.
May 29, 2008
749 posts
1292 upvotes
Halifax, NS

They split in half easily with your fingernail, but splitting it more than once will cause the pill to crumble from my experience.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2004
3731 posts
871 upvotes
Toronto
Took 5mg and it gave me headaches and did not help me with getting a deep sleep. Helped make me drowsy though. Costco has good deals too from time to time and they stock both 5mg and 10 mg.
Sep 17, 2007
924 posts
844 upvotes
Toronto
Don't do it! Don't be dependent on it. Rather change the location where you sleep and cut down on caffeine, do heavy workouts or run a mile, eat healthy and more vegetables. Ull get back to normal in 2 weeks max.if nothing works smoke some green! But no supplements or Ull train yourself on it and it'll be hard to get out of it.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3141 posts
1321 upvotes
Toronto
Crush the pill with a mortar pestle and weigh out one tenth of the weight to get 1mg dose. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Jan 1, 2016
318 posts
470 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
A lot of physicians I speak to suggest that this is mostly a placebo effect - there is no evidence that taking this as a pill is as effective as your hypothalamus producing it naturally.

Doesn't mean it won't work for you, you just have to believe it will help you.

I personally take as a small dose as possible for to think, hey I took a sleeping pill, should be able to fall asleep, even though it's 11 am.
Aug 17, 2013
696 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
Doesn't work for me. Tried it a few times.

Prescription stuff though... knocks me out cold and feeling weird in the morning. That's why i know it works.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1325 posts
1288 upvotes
Haters gonna hate. I get crazy psychedelic dreams on 10mg, thanks OP. ✌️
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3661 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: Don't do it! Don't be dependent on it. Rather change the location where you sleep and cut down on caffeine, do heavy workouts or run a mile, eat healthy and more vegetables. Ull get back to normal in 2 weeks max.if nothing works smoke some green! But no supplements or Ull train yourself on it and it'll be hard to get out of it.
Researches shows no tolerance effect for Melatonin up to 2 years after continuous use.

Discontinuation lead to return to normal circadian rhythm
Feb 8, 2012
715 posts
719 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Recoil wrote: Haters gonna hate. I get crazy psychedelic dreams on 10mg, thanks OP. ✌️
Hot deal. In for 1 psychedelic dreams.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3661 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
SuperOxide wrote: A lot of physicians I speak to suggest that this is mostly a placebo effect - there is no evidence that taking this as a pill is as effective as your hypothalamus producing it naturally.

Doesn't mean it won't work for you, you just have to believe it will help you.

I personally take as a small dose as possible for to think, hey I took a sleeping pill, should be able to fall asleep, even though it's 11 am.
Adult studies are from poor quality. Meta-analysis are indeed inconclusive.

Evidence for children with ADHD and autism that used higher quality trial shows a positive effect though.

Higher quality trial are currently on for adult. We'll see the result.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2019
1205 posts
886 upvotes
Brampton

True rfder
Nov 1, 2018
284 posts
464 upvotes
Burnaby
Don't buy it at 10mg, I've experimented a lot with melatonin and what people are saying are right, 1mg is probably an ideal dose, maybe even lower.

At 10mg I was waking up the next day with extreme fatigue, I have no clue why. I also had crazy dreams with melatonin on higher doses, but proportionally speaking you should just take a 0.5mg-1mg dose.
Even 3mg was enough to give me vivid dreams, while they're nice when they're just dreams, melatonin nightmares from personal experience were **** horrible.

It's more value to just buy 1mg at a lower price than to try the 10mg dosage, it's far far too much. Chipping away or cutting isn't worse the hassle as well, it's hard to cut it perfectly as it crumbles when it's a smaller piece.
Jul 21, 2005
431 posts
443 upvotes
Kitchener
Melatonin is non-addictive, you will not form dependencies using it. I take them once in a while to help go to sleep when my kid is having a rough night. Its hard for me to fall back asleep sometimes and I become wired at 3am. You also wake up and dont feel groggy or faded.

Can confirm, very lucid dreams with 10mg.
Something something dark side...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)