Mar 4, 2019
161 posts
89 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] JBL CHARGER 4 $169.98

Amazon has this great speaker for 169.98 best buy as well

50 cad off.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07HKVZYFQ/
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 31st, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
Say NO to Racism!
11 replies
Nov 26, 2018
124 posts
1063 upvotes
Mariana's Web
Came in curiously to see how a JBL made phone/laptop charger would look like instead found a bluetooth speaker that costs 170$ 🧐
Dec 7, 2016
148 posts
103 upvotes
Yel143 wrote: Came in curiously to see how a JBL made phone/laptop charger would look like instead found a bluetooth speaker that costs 170$ 🧐
I mean the Flip and Charge series have been running for 10 years now. They're fairly popular, but these speakers, even on sale- are overpriced. The sound is decent and the battery life is really good, but it shouldn't be 120+ on sale.
Nov 26, 2018
124 posts
1063 upvotes
Mariana's Web
I was referring to the title JBL CHARGER 4.

RD274S wrote: I mean the Flip and Charge series have been running for 10 years now. They're fairly popular, but these speakers, even on sale- are overpriced. The sound is decent and the battery life is really good, but it shouldn't be 120+ on sale.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1286 posts
2469 upvotes
The charge 3 was on sale at shoppers for $99.99. From what I read the sound quality isn’t that much of a difference between the 3 and 4.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
3028 posts
762 upvotes
I bought one of these in May and have been using it all summer. I have really enjoyed it, but one major flaw I have with it is it doesn’t support AirPlay 2.

However,

- incredible battery life
- waterproof - we use it on our hot tub all the time
- can be used to charge devices
- nice bass, but make sure you turn on the bass boost...there is no instructions included for this, but you can YouTube it
- still small enough to be very portable...had thought about getting the jbl xtreme 2, but is huge compared to the Charge 4.
I know that some complain that one difference between the charge 3/4 is that you can’t take a call over Bluetooth on the 4...I haven’t found that to be a big deal.

I also ended up getting a jbl link portable...and have had it all summer too. I grabbed it on sale for $160 at Staples.
I wanted it for the AirPlay ability. It’s waterproof too and also has google onboard. But while nice sounding, doesn’t have as much bass as the charge.

https://www.staples.ca/products/2960861 ... aker-black

The charge at this price is a good deal.
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
May 2, 2020
57 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Got this earlier in the year. Really good speaker, nice and portable. Battery life is absolutely INCREDIBLE!
Too many people in the world today that speak liberal but vote conservative.
Oct 18, 2010
235 posts
53 upvotes
The Anker Soundcore motion + is better and cheaper.

the JBL is a good speaker, just pricey
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
3028 posts
762 upvotes
Petey1013 wrote: The Anker Soundcore motion + is better and cheaper.

the JBL is a good speaker, just pricey
I did wonder about this one too...the ability to control the sound more was interesting, but in the end for me, the ability of the Charge to charge other devices and the battery life trumped this.
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2218 posts
253 upvotes
Kitchener
I bought one of these earlier this summer and its been good to me. I got it from staples and I think it was tad cheaper ($150 I thought) but might be wrong. In the backyard we had a movie night using the charge 4 a projector/screen/fire stick.