• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2021 12:56 pm
18 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
1399 posts
379 upvotes
GVRD
Don’t bother, they will only ship one speaker and then blame you for their issue.

See prior thread outlining this problem.
Sep 25, 2004
45 posts
30 upvotes
chenwaa123 wrote: Don’t bother, they will only ship one speaker and then blame you for their issue.

See prior thread outlining this problem.
Yep..same here..one speaker received and huge hassle returning.
Jun 4, 2012
849 posts
364 upvotes
Calgary
kevf wrote: Yep..same here..one speaker received and huge hassle returning.
Same here, shipped one. They are an incompetent bunch.
Nov 6, 2016
23 posts
9 upvotes
Is this the normal price for a pair, or a single unit? I like my chances of order this clearly labelled pair and having Amazon send another if I only received one (I have pretty good luck with their customer service) but just wondering on what the normal price are?

Any other monitors in the same range?
Sep 4, 2017
274 posts
281 upvotes
I ordered this a week or so ago, and they shipped two. Other people also mentioned they got two on previous threads.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5885 posts
2994 upvotes
Ottawa
JBL supports are the worst I ever dealt with. I will downvote every JBL posts here for whatever products.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Mar 22, 2021
185 posts
423 upvotes
superchuko wrote: I ordered this a week or so ago, and they shipped two. Other people also mentioned they got two on previous threads.
quebec?
Dec 29, 2020
63 posts
51 upvotes
I ordered these, got only one, talked to customer service rep, and was offered 50% discount. So I think it is worth trying, because apparently some of us have gotten the pair.
Sep 4, 2017
274 posts
281 upvotes
nnlnn2 wrote: quebec?
I'm in Quebec, but there's at least one person on the previous thread who received a pair, and their location's listed as Ottawa.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1421 posts
1170 upvotes
It clearly says "sold as pair" and even the product code is listed as "set." How are they possibly getting away with sending you just one?
Jul 10, 2019
395 posts
343 upvotes
That's weird because it literally says : Purchase includes: 305P MKII studio monitor (x2), Power Cord (x1), quick set-up guide (x1), peel-off rubber pads (x4)
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Sep 26, 2021
2 posts
3 upvotes
I only received 1 unit (but in a big box with plenty of room meant for another unit??)

Amazon support told me to contact them when stocks are back

I did today and they helped me process a new order

Said I can return the extras (or no extra if they ship only 1 again) to them, and they will refund me at the end of the day to honor 209.99 for 2 units

Safest way for people is to order 4 units in total, so at least you will receive 2, and you can return the rest (if any)
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
1399 posts
379 upvotes
GVRD
BoraS57395 wrote: I ordered these, got only one, talked to customer service rep, and was offered 50% discount. So I think it is worth trying, because apparently some of us have gotten the pair.
You should call their customer service number. They gave me a full refund and let me keep the speaker since it was such a pita to return. However, that was after the chat told me to take a hike.
Dec 7, 2018
8 posts
12 upvotes
I bought it last month and also received only one. However, I would not keep it even if I received two.

After testing the one that I received, the infamous "hissing" or self-noise is real (look it up, many people complain about this online). Even with no input signal connected, I can hear the hiss 3-4 feet away. That's a deal breaker for me as I'd be using it as desktop PC speaker/guitar amp sim.

I bought the KRK Rokit 5 G4 as recommended by Audio Science Review. It's more expensive, but there was no unbearable hissing noise.
Sep 4, 2017
274 posts
281 upvotes
JoshL13880 wrote: I bought it last month and also received only one. However, I would not keep it even if I received two.

After testing the one that I received, the infamous "hissing" or self-noise is real (look it up, many people complain about this online). Even with no input signal connected, I can hear the hiss 3-4 feet away. That's a deal breaker for me as I'd be using it as desktop PC speaker/guitar amp sim.

I bought the KRK Rokit 5 G4 as recommended by Audio Science Review. It's more expensive, but there was no unbearable hissing noise.
The JBL noise floor is way better than the Presonus Eris E5s I was using. (I think the Eris' just have really bad shielding.)

The KRKs say they're only 55 Watts, compared to 82 Watts from the JBLs, so that's the trade off you're making for less noise. You can always just try to have the monitors farther back if you have room for it.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
6407 posts
2571 upvotes
Toronto
chenwaa123 wrote: You should call their customer service number. They gave me a full refund and let me keep the speaker since it was such a pita to return. However, that was after the chat told me to take a hike.
Chat didn't even offer 50% off?

Also, just wondering why they're a pain to return? I mean they're not that big and not super heavy or anything
Jan 27, 2015
372 posts
482 upvotes
King City, ON
Just received my order from a couple of weeks ago, and it was also the giant box with 1 speaker. CSR said reorder and return. I’ll hold onto this one and see if another single shows up. Then the dealing begins…
Dec 29, 2020
63 posts
51 upvotes
McAngus wrote: Just received my order from a couple of weeks ago, and it was also the giant box with 1 speaker. CSR said reorder and return. I’ll hold onto this one and see if another single shows up. Then the dealing begins…
Make sure the second one arrives in a month, you can't return otherwise.