Jif Dark Roast Creamy Peanut Butter, 1 kg, as low as $2.84 w/ S&S + coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2022 10:32 am
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2576 posts
2420 upvotes
Montreal, QC
$1.4 coupon for the Dark Roast, the rests only have a $1.2 coupon available Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
6482 posts
6753 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Jif Dark Roast really is some of the best peanut butter around
Nov 1, 2009
612 posts
371 upvotes
Terrebonne
coolwasabi wrote: If you care a little bit about health benefits, I would recommend natural peanut butter like this instead (from Costco):
It tastes a lot better to me and doesn't contain any added sugar or salt or anything weird.
I am so sad to be that difficult as I prefer not eating peanut butter than eating this.

It's fine in recipes, but I just can't eat it on bread.

Every 5 years or so I get a jar and stop eating peanut butter until it ends up in the trash and I buy the nasty stuff again.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
2066 posts
632 upvotes
Third Eye wrote: Jif has 98% peanuts and 2% of the other crap, I can live with that for the best tasting PB on the market.
How do you know that? It doesn't say on the label
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8506 posts
4382 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
The bad thing is even though there is no peanut in the peanut butter, there is peanut oil. So people who are allergic to peanut still cannot eat it.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2315 posts
933 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: The bad thing is even though there is no peanut in the peanut butter, there is peanut oil. So people who are allergic to peanut still cannot eat it.
Peanuts are the first (and by convention most plentiful) ingredient on the ingredient list...
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2315 posts
933 upvotes
Came to $3.32 for me after suscribe and save and coupon, but I still ordered to try this flavour.
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2003
5005 posts
526 upvotes
Ancaster
yannakm wrote: I am so sad to be that difficult as I prefer not eating peanut butter than eating this.

It's fine in recipes, but I just can't eat it on bread.

Every 5 years or so I get a jar and stop eating peanut butter until it ends up in the trash and I buy the nasty stuff again.
I used to be like that...with the Farm Boy all natural stuff.

The Kirkland is pretty good. I do think it tastes better with a bit of sweet on top though.

In fact, I didn't "get" PB&J sandwiches until I made it with this and other all natural PB's. To this day I still do straight-up PB if it's Kraft/Jif, but PB&J with natural PB's.

However, I'm also part of the Crunchy-or-Bust camp. =D
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3111 posts
2430 upvotes
simplylgg wrote: How do you know that? It doesn't say on the label
The US ingredients have it, although it doesn't count the sugar in the 2%. There is only 1g of sugar per 16g of Jif so it isn't too bad.

Made From Roasted Peanuts And Sugar, Contains 2% Or Less Of: Molasses, Fully Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils (Rapeseed And Soybean), Mono And Diglycerides, Salt.
Dec 20, 2018
652 posts
1020 upvotes
Third Eye wrote: Jif has 98% peanuts and 2% of the other crap, I can live with that for the best tasting PB on the market.
Internet is full of pseudo-science and those not a fan of Paracelsus' famous adage of, "the dose makes the poison".
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8506 posts
4382 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
anthony9 wrote: Internet is full of pseudo-science and those not a fan of Paracelsus' famous adage of, "the dose makes the poison".
I was looking up wikipedia trying to figure out what are you saying.
So you mean 2% of those crap is poisonous if you keep eating?
I still do not get which part of the sentence is pseudo-science.
Do you mean " the best tasting PB on the market"? Because it was not proof to be true so it has to be false?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2006
15885 posts
421 upvotes
Is there no more free shipping with S&S?

I'm being charged shipping
2013 Contest Win Wishlist
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
Dec 8, 2006
541 posts
260 upvotes
Scarborough
Generally peanut oil is expensive so they remove it and replace with canola...the sugar added is usually icing sugar....this ingesting pretty far away from the definition of "food"

It is dead easy to make peanut butter for those who want "savings" and quality control.

I loved Costco's organic but that is long gone.

Noting a lot of items from California may be irradiated, if u care about that
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
10512 posts
19423 upvotes
cbt123 wrote: Came to $3.32 for me after suscribe and save and coupon, but I still ordered to try this flavour.
I added it to my existing S&S order and it was cheaper, so I'm guessing you only have 5% savings.
JayTee1 wrote: Is there no more free shipping with S&S?

I'm being charged shipping
There should be free shipping.

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 4.97
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Subscribe & Save: -CDN$ 0.75
Your Coupon Savings: -CDN$ 1.40
Total before tax: CDN$ 2.82
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 0.00
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
Gift Card Amount: -CDN$ 2.82
Grand Total: CDN$ 0.00
Last edited by IDStorms on Sep 9th, 2021 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3040 posts
3006 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: I was looking up wikipedia trying to figure out what are you saying.
So you mean 2% of those crap is poisonous if you keep eating?
I still do not get which part of the sentence is pseudo-science.
Do you mean " the best tasting PB on the market"? Because it was not proof to be true so it has to be false?
I think he means that anything, in sufficiently large quantities, is poisonous

i.e. water

"everything in moderation"
Nov 28, 2019
624 posts
286 upvotes
coolwasabi wrote: If you care a little bit about health benefits, I would recommend natural peanut butter like this instead (from Costco):
It tastes a lot better to me and doesn't contain any added sugar or salt or anything weird.
Natural is so much better. I like the costco one though wish they sold the organic one as apparently peanuts score high with pesticides.

I bought the PC organic one and it is pretty good, next will be Kraft natural, Costco or pc organic one (depending if it is on sale).

Also a good trick that I seen, is when you open a new jar if you got a inversion blender, use that to blend the oil and peanut button.

I did that and now every time I use it, I don't have to stir at all and spreads just as well as the jiff and all the other non natural ones.
Sep 16, 2011
821 posts
1346 upvotes
LONDON
arcty5 wrote: I'd rather bust a nut
I cancelled my order after reading the comment
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2379 posts
2545 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I am a fan of PC Blue Menu peanut butter, but will give this a try
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1650 posts
1622 upvotes
is there a way to get 15% SS when you don’t have any other SS products
Wallet safe...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)