Jif Dark Roast Creamy Peanut Butter, 1 kg, as low as $2.84 w/ S&S + coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2022 10:32 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8506 posts
4383 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
D0ntgiveajack wrote: is there a way to get 15% SS when you don’t have any other SS products
Order 6 of them one after another?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
35157 posts
8562 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Damn, I just purchased these at Costco yesterday. I wanted to try it out.

Costco has it on sale this week for a two pack, but I don’t think it is as cheap as Amazon
Jul 22, 2006
545 posts
946 upvotes
iverge wrote: From ingredients list: ... Sugar, Peanut Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Salt, Mono and Diglycerides, Cooking Molasses, Vegetable Oil...

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.
YUP YUP YUP.....makes it taste so delicious Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Jul 13, 2006
136 posts
56 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Irridion wrote: Generally peanut oil is expensive so they remove it and replace with canola...the sugar added is usually icing sugar....this ingesting pretty far away from the definition of "food"

It is dead easy to make peanut butter for those who want "savings" and quality control.

I loved Costco's organic but that is long gone.

Noting a lot of items from California may be irradiated, if u care about that
Isn't that evil to remove the oil from peanut and replaced them with canola , I've never thought about this ! thanks for revealing the truth.
Dec 8, 2006
541 posts
260 upvotes
Scarborough
Could also be soy...sometimes they just call it vegetable oil

Soy is heavily laden with pesticides...

I think kraft natural or "only peanuts" would be a better choice it's a step below organic.

As an occasion item I don't know how much it matters but I consume A LOT of PB
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1306 posts
957 upvotes
Montreal
plato wrote: Tried the Kraft dark roast and was not impressed. The "dark" came from molasses as one of the ingredients, if I recall correctly.
There is effectively no difference in nutritional profile or taste between Extra Creamy and Extra Roasted IMO.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8506 posts
4383 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Irridion wrote: Generally peanut oil is expensive so they remove it and replace with canola...the sugar added is usually icing sugar....this ingesting pretty far away from the definition of "food"

It is dead easy to make peanut butter for those who want "savings" and quality control.

I loved Costco's organic but that is long gone.

Noting a lot of items from California may be irradiated, if u care about that
Would that make it become peanut allergic safe?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Jan 22, 2011
80 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Just want to put it out there that historically this goes on sale for 3.97 about once to twice per year. But 2.82 sounds awesome.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1973 posts
4621 upvotes
Vancouver
yannakm wrote: I am so sad to be that difficult as I prefer not eating peanut butter than eating this.

It's fine in recipes, but I just can't eat it on bread.

Every 5 years or so I get a jar and stop eating peanut butter until it ends up in the trash and I buy the nasty stuff again.
That's fine. To each his own.
However, try adding some butter/margarine with natural peanut. I really like it. Maybe you will too!
Nov 1, 2009
613 posts
371 upvotes
Terrebonne
coolwasabi wrote: That's fine. To each his own.
However, try adding some butter/margarine with natural peanut. I really like it. Maybe you will too!
I always put butter/margarine with peanut butter no matter if it the natural one or the nasty stuff.
Oct 29, 2013
222 posts
207 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
coolwasabi wrote: If you care a little bit about health benefits, I would recommend natural peanut butter like this instead (from Costco):
It tastes a lot better to me and doesn't contain any added sugar or salt or anything weird.
I tried this for the first time this year and it's awesome! So glad I tried it Thumbs Up SignThumbs Up SignThumbs Up Sign
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
1329 posts
1040 upvotes
Toronto
I don't see the coupon anywhere. Is it over?
[OP]
Aug 6, 2018
943 posts
8870 upvotes
Deal's back for a couple cents more (previously was $4.97 before S&S + coupon)
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
3484 posts
8494 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I just happen to have a container at my home.
Images
  • 16427402642352647590357771365.jpg
  • 16427402794717138986755803112136.jpg
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1913 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
Easier to make using vitamix.
Dec 15, 2015
143 posts
107 upvotes
York, ON
Got these from Costco and it tastes like regular peanut butter. No freaking idea why it’s labeled “dark roast”.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)