Jif Dark Roast Creamy Peanut Butter, 1 kg, as low as $2.84 w/ S&S + coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2022 10:32 am
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
6105 posts
493 upvotes
Quebec
not all peanut butter is healthy, this one is very processed.
Aug 30, 2007
966 posts
138 upvotes
Richmond
Why is it necessary to add anything in peanut butter other than peanuts? Would’ve bought but I’m not big on the additional stuff in it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
5494 posts
3501 upvotes
SW ON
fakishan wrote: not all peanut butter is healthy, this one is very processed.
Peanut butter is processed peanuts by definition. I don't know if one can "very" process them.
Feb 6, 2016
598 posts
554 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Anyone who has a concern about the used oil whether it is healthy or not etc ,they can mix up p&b peanut powder with any organic coconuts butter, the taste is the same as pb cream
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2340 posts
2468 upvotes
Surrey
Smartchen wrote: I am a fan of PC Blue Menu peanut butter, but will give this a try
Other than PC, I also love Kraft’s Natural PB and don’t mind Great Value’s natural PB as well, both crunchy and creamy.
Dec 25, 2010
38 posts
51 upvotes
montreal
https://www.mayoclinic.org/dont-get-tri ... t-20390070
"Myth: Coconut oil is a heart-healthy cooking alternative.
The argument: Coconut oil is extremely high in saturated fat — about 50 percent more than butter, even.

But despite that saturated fat is known to raise cholesterol levels, linked with heart disease risk, proponents believe that some saturated fats in coconut oil (called medium-chain triglycerides) are less harmful and may actually raise levels of beneficial HDL cholesterol.

The reality: Coconut oil has been shown to raise cholesterol levels — the good and the bad kinds — more than other plant-based oils like olive or canola. And in truth, medium-chain triglycerides make up only a small amount of the fatty acids in coconut oil.

Plus, while other heart-healthy fats like olive oil, canola oil, or omega-3 fatty acids in nuts and seafood have been supported by a large body of evidence, coconut oil's supposed benefits still haven't been proved in large-scale human research."

Green curry is in my top 3 food and I could eat thai food everyday, but coconut is basically the rich man palm oil. The human heart will pump the equivalent of 7 000 KG each day thats approx equivalent to the weight of 200 000 Toyota Echo in a 80 years lifetime, not bad for a little fella who only weight 2 hockey puck. I strongly believe that cardio vascular health is 98% quantity and exercice rather than looking at ingredients but for someone like me who go crazy with coconut I want to give a warning.
May 25, 2010
611 posts
934 upvotes
Orillia
do you have to keep this in the fridge once opened?
coolwasabi wrote: If you care a little bit about health benefits, I would recommend natural peanut butter like this instead (from Costco):
It tastes a lot better to me and doesn't contain any added sugar or salt or anything weird.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2014
1125 posts
1746 upvotes
essjayess wrote: Deal's back for a couple cents more (previously was $4.97 before S&S + coupon)
What the shame. Missed the 2-cent sale. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
4451 posts
1234 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
If only I could still get grape JAMDisappointed Face. Best pb&j from my childhood
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5114 posts
1886 upvotes
Kitchener
dogger99 wrote: do you have to keep this in the fridge once opened?
Yes. Otherwise it's very liquid. The container also advises you to refrigerate after opening.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Jun 13, 2004
321 posts
52 upvotes
Saint John
My family loves the Jif Dark Roast. We've been getting it at Costco for the last year or so now.
May 25, 2014
24 posts
24 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Anyone know what happened to the Banana Granola peanut butter from Kraft? It was so good but I don't see it in stores anymore.

Last edited by ThatBrownGuy on Jan 21st, 2022 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 25, 2010
611 posts
934 upvotes
Orillia
so once you order how do you stop the S&S
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2123 posts
511 upvotes
Ottawa
dogger99 wrote: do you have to keep this in the fridge once opened?
I just checked my jar and it does say to refrigerate it.

I personally don't and I've never had any issues. But that doesn't mean much
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6241 posts
6572 upvotes
Toronto
ThatBrownGuy wrote: Anyone know what happened to the Banana Granola peanut butter from Kraft? It was so good but I don't see it in stores anymore.

Maybe people realized you could just sprinkle granola and smushed banana on your toast.
As someone long prepared for the occasion, in full command of every plan you wrecked---
Do not choose a coward's explanation, that hides behind the cause and the effect...
Jun 27, 2012
987 posts
2119 upvotes
Shows $3.34 for me
2010-2022 Contest Winnings = $0
Sep 1, 2006
307 posts
134 upvotes
Newmarket
Third Eye wrote: Jif has 98% peanuts and 2% of the other crap, I can live with that for the best tasting PB on the market.
I hate to break it to you, but…

Based on Jif’s own statement, there are 1300 peanuts on average in this jar. The average weight of a peanut is .4 grams. That means there are just over 500g of peanuts in this 1000g jar.

A conservative estimate would be 60% peanuts and 40% added sugars (sugar, molasses) and oils (at least three additional oils are added, some hydrogenated).

DON’T BUY THIS GARBAGE. I’d you do, treat it as a dessert.

Buy natural peanut butter. It isn’t much more expensive. You do NOT need to refrigerate unless it takes you months to eat the jar (all peanuts can go rancid). I suggest buying a brand that is in a glass jar for easier stirring, as they seem larger and won’t spill out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)