Amazon.ca

Jif Dark Roast Creamy Peanut Butter, 1 kg, as low as $2.84 w/ S&S + coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2022 10:32 am
Mar 17, 2015
687 posts
1247 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
stealth wrote: does dark roast taste very different?
plato wrote: Tried the Kraft dark roast and was not impressed. The "dark" came from molasses as one of the ingredients, if I recall correctly.
Agree on the Kraft Dark roast, not that good.
Jif, though, totally different, my whole family prefers it over the other types!
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2011
1615 posts
896 upvotes
SW Ontario
iverge wrote: I left out the peanuts because that's all there should be in peanut butter... peanuts! Not all that other garbage I listed ;)
The garbage is already in the peanuts. Between the poor soil management, the bugs and rodents, peanuts are one of the dirtiest foods you can eat.

Or so my hippie ex says. I don't eat it very much so I don't care. Natural is good for stir fry and sauces, give me a little Jif on my sandwiches.
Dec 22, 2012
619 posts
520 upvotes
Mississauga
JIF dark roast is amazing, thanks op!
Sep 11, 2013
181 posts
186 upvotes
Vaughan
Irridion wrote: Generally peanut oil is expensive so they remove it and replace with canola...the sugar added is usually icing sugar....this ingesting pretty far away from the definition of "food"

It is dead easy to make peanut butter for those who want "savings" and quality control.

I loved Costco's organic but that is long gone.

Noting a lot of items from California may be irradiated, if u care about that
There just isnt any savings making it yourself. I used to make it myself when there was one brand of natural peanut butter on the shelves about...20 years ago (wow I feel old)..

But now with all the brands out, it doesnt save much. Great value is dirt cheap
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
6102 posts
492 upvotes
Quebec
benlessard wrote: I strongly believe that cardio vascular health is 98% quantity and exercice rather than looking at ingredients but for someone like me who go crazy with coconut I want to give a warning.
you are right, but unless you're working out 8 hours a day, you will never cancel out the bad from food. controlling food is the easy way compared to working out like an Olympic athlete. working out releases hormones that can rebalance whatever was messed up by a bad diet.
Dec 24, 2020
129 posts
432 upvotes
I have ordered peanut butter from amazon before ( several times actually) and each time it arrives a but liquidly . Anyone else find the product different looking when from Amazon?
TY OP
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1375 posts
403 upvotes
Ottawa
I've gotten Jif Dark at Costco for basically this price (2 for $4.99). It is very good, much better taste and noticeably less sugary than Kraft.

To the peanut butter purist out there: If you don't like it don't buy it. Yes, natural is better, but it is also far more expensive. No, this stuff is not nearly as bad as you think, it is certainly not the "peanut flavoured icing" like some think.
May 9, 2003
127 posts
215 upvotes
Orleans
Metro here in Ottawa has their own brand all natural (100% peanuts) peanut butter for sale at $2.50. a jar, smooth or crunchy. I liked the all natural Kraft but this Metro stuff is better, IMHO.
Needs t be stirred first but will stay blended if refrigerated.

Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1903 posts
1080 upvotes
Laval
Was interested until I found there was peanuts in this...allergies!
Jan 21, 2020
16 posts
6 upvotes
Compliments Crunchy is the best peanut butter full stop.

Jif or skippy or kraft or whatever is basically flavoured margarine.
You want a peanut butter that isn't the full blown natural stuff but actually testes like peanuts - try the Compliments brand.
Penalty Box
Jun 1, 2016
1553 posts
3974 upvotes
When did RFD get so many keyboard doctors and dieticians?

Was there a sale on cereal boxes with certificates?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1950 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
I've never really tried S&S, how does it work? If I select S&S first but then cancel it later, what happens? Does the discount get removed?
Jun 8, 2012
312 posts
429 upvotes
Ottawa
Jetyegged wrote: Compliments Crunchy is the best peanut butter full stop.

Jif or skippy or kraft or whatever is basically flavoured margarine.
You want a peanut butter that isn't the full blown natural stuff but actually testes like peanuts - try the Compliments brand.
What store sells compliments brand? I'd like to try it.
Aug 7, 2005
72 posts
25 upvotes
Calgary
JRGUINNESS wrote: Adams peanut butter!

Hundred Points SymbolFire
Adams the OG Natural Peanut Butter! Crunchy tastes great!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6022 posts
3940 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AS2012 wrote: What store sells compliments brand? I'd like to try it.
compliments is Sobeys house brand.

Stores include Sobeys, FreshCo and Urban Fresh and Foodland
Jan 21, 2020
16 posts
6 upvotes
AS2012 wrote: What store sells compliments brand? I'd like to try it.
I get it from Safeway. But I believe compliments is under the Sobeys/IGA brand. Whichever you have in your area.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
4806 posts
5259 upvotes
Alberta
DeltaSingh wrote: When did RFD get so many keyboard doctors and dieticians?

Was there a sale on cereal boxes with certificates?
They flock to every thread containing sugar, it's exhausting.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)