Jif Dark Roast Creamy Peanut Butter, 1 kg, as low as $2.84 w/ S&S + coupon

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2022 4:54 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1332 posts
1250 upvotes
Markham
DealsHunterCo wrote: I've never really tried S&S, how does it work? If I select S&S first but then cancel it later, what happens? Does the discount get removed?
You get free shipping on S&S. For most items, there is 5% off for 1-4 "products", and 15% off for 5+ (It's actually by orders. So you can order same product a second time, and it'll count towards that. But if it had a minimum quantity of 2+, that still only counts as one "product". You'd have to do 2x 2 to count as 2 orders). I always choose 6 months for the next delivery, so that gives me plenty of time to cancel the next shipment.
You can modify or change it up to about a week before the shipping date (they'll email remind you about 10 days or so before).

The current price is ONLY for the first order! It can go up (or down) by the time of your next shipment. And any coupons or other discounts from the first order will NOT carry over. You will also need to have 5+ orders to get 15% off again. (Amazon used to change the prices even on the first shipment, I used to have to complain to get a refund. I don't believe they do that anymore.)

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Mar 16, 2013
71 posts
99 upvotes
I go through Kirkland natural peanut butter like it's going out of style. Peanut butter sandwich on some Sunmaid raisin bread, delecious.

I've never tried this stuff, ill give it a shot. It will be nice to have when I'm feeling my sweet tooth!
Sep 16, 2016
702 posts
863 upvotes
Only got 5% discount with subscribed but still a great deal
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
2117 posts
934 upvotes
iverge wrote: From ingredients list: ... Sugar, Peanut Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Salt, Mono and Diglycerides, Cooking Molasses, Vegetable Oil...

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.
The trans fat is the worst.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4388 posts
1816 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
Every time I order PB from Amazon, it comes with a cracked container. 3 in a row!
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1415 posts
3300 upvotes
Some of those come in two pack boxes ready to ship.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2013
2704 posts
4706 upvotes
Toronto
Keep getting shipping price when ordering S&S.

Can't find to get free shipping like before...
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1332 posts
1250 upvotes
Markham
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: But then is it unethical to sign up for it just to get the initial discount and then cancel it?
What ethical breach is there? Using their subscribe & save offer as they designed it, by cancelling it whenever I want? If it's still cheap, I might keep buying.
But sorry, I should confess now I also didn't stay on Tidal past the free month trial because of any moral obligation either.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Dec 15, 2019
48 posts
11 upvotes
thanks in for one. good time to try this one out
Mar 16, 2018
918 posts
1028 upvotes
Hamilton
DeltaSingh wrote: When did RFD get so many keyboard doctors and dieticians?

Was there a sale on cereal boxes with certificates?
Lmao right?! Between the crazy diet metabolic quackery (exercise cancels out any diet choices!) and bad chemistry (adding other vegetable fats to emulsify peanut butter turns it into peanut butter icing!), this thread sounds like an episode of Joe Rogan Experience. Having a little sugar or coconut oil in your PB doesn't turn it into toxic waste folks, relax.

Question for my fellow PB aficionados, do you refrigerate your natural PB? I hate how dried out my Kirkland Natural gets in the fridge and how much effort needs to be put in to keeping in mixed up, but I also don't want to end up with a moldy jar if I don't eat it quick enough...
Dec 1, 2018
465 posts
518 upvotes
Right i would eat more natural pb if it wouldn’t come with the oil separate. I’m weak af if it takes me a good 10 mins to mix it well lol
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
22036 posts
691 upvotes
Newmarket
ownthesky wrote: Lmao right?! Between the crazy diet metabolic quackery (exercise cancels out any diet choices!) and bad chemistry (adding other vegetable fats to emulsify peanut butter turns it into peanut butter icing!), this thread sounds like an episode of Joe Rogan Experience. Having a little sugar or coconut oil in your PB doesn't turn it into toxic waste folks, relax.

Question for my fellow PB aficionados, do you refrigerate your natural PB? I hate how dried out my Kirkland Natural gets in the fridge and how much effort needs to be put in to keeping in mixed up, but I also don't want to end up with a moldy jar if I don't eat it quick enough...
It turns to cement even if it’s not in the fridge. It’s why I gave up on it. No issue with mould though, even after months.
Oct 18, 2015
343 posts
240 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Batmon wrote: Right i would eat more natural pb if it wouldn’t come with the oil separate. I’m weak af if it takes me a good 10 mins to mix it well lol
Store the jar upside down and shake it around 20 seconds before opening. No need to stir at all.
Mar 12, 2018
285 posts
461 upvotes
Kishnabe wrote: Keep getting shipping price when ordering S&S.

Can't find to get free shipping like before...
Try reactivating a cancelled s&s, order the PB, then recancel.
Nov 20, 2013
23 posts
355 upvotes
Fergus
Or mix it with your electric mixer with only one beater attached (hold onto the jar!). Super easy, and no forearm cramping!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6037 posts
3945 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Batmon wrote: Right i would eat more natural pb if it wouldn’t come with the oil separate. I’m weak af if it takes me a good 10 mins to mix it well lol
Best trick Ive learned... Use an electronic hand mixer with 1 beater... It's magic.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
6977 posts
3481 upvotes
Toronto
DylanL wrote: I go through Kirkland natural peanut butter like it's going out of style. Peanut butter sandwich on some Sunmaid raisin bread, delecious.

I've never tried this stuff, ill give it a shot. It will be nice to have when I'm feeling my sweet tooth!
Doesn't the Kirkland natural do what all natural pb do which is separate with thick oil on top and then you have to stir it back in?
Nov 16, 2012
17 posts
15 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Store the kirkland natural peanut butter upside down prior to opening it. Make sure all the oil sets to the bottom of the jar.
Open the jar and skim off some of the thick peanut butter, just a couple table spoons.
Put the lid back on and store it on its side, this will create a bubble of oil on the side.
Open the jar and mix the entire jar up. Store back in fridge upside down.

This has worked for me for years, the oil no longer separates and there is no need to mix it up again.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)