Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

John Wick Bluray $9.97

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2015 1:31 am
48 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
Dammit $4.98 for shipping...half the cost of the blu-ray itself. Any way around this besides signing up for Prime, and adding items?
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1583 upvotes
deezz wrote: Dammit $4.98 for shipping...half the cost of the blu-ray itself. Any way around this besides signing up for Prime, and adding items?
Add that Underworld set for $15, bring it over $25, or pretty damn close
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
Spidey wrote: Add that Underworld set for $15, bring it over $25, or pretty damn close
I was also asking how to get the free shipping without adding anything...I guess there isn't a way. Thanks for the suggestion though. May look for another blu-ray with Atmos and is a good movie.

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Apr 11, 2015
18 posts
63 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Why do people buy movies that they are going to watch once?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
massakassa wrote: Why do people buy movies that they are going to watch once?
Wow, so philosophical.

Why do people bother posting in deals they aren't interested in?

Apr 11, 2015
18 posts
63 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
deezz wrote: Wow, so philosophical.

Why do people bother posting in deals they aren't interested in?
Because im interested in why people are interested in this deal.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1583 upvotes
I buy movies I know I will rewatch. John Wick is one of them, although I wont be buying this, already have it. Its personal choice. Im watching a ton of old action movies with my sons now that they are older, Like Terminator, Die Hard, Matrix and the like. I also like to rewatch movies when Im doing tasks in the house sometimes.

I buy all super hero movies, I've lost count how many times I've rewatched Captain America II, Spider-Man and the Avengers, Lethal Weapon series....(I could go on)

Also, sometimes I watch a movie, think its so good, and watch it with my wife or kids. I don't buy a lot, but the ones I do, they have been rewatched many times
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
massakassa wrote: Because im interested in why people are interested in this deal.
The way you phrased your initial question, it doesn't really sound like you are. You've already made an assumption that people will only watch the movie once.

Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
Are people buying movies that they are going to watch once? (fact, or are you interested in a hypothetical scenario?)

...Why do people buy food that they're only going to eat once? (fact).

...Why are people born to only live once?
Apr 11, 2015
18 posts
63 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
deezz wrote: The way you phrased your initial question, it doesn't really sound like you are. You've already made an assumption that people will only watch the movie once.
Its a fair assumption since most movies are not that exceptional that they warrant re-watching.
Apr 11, 2015
18 posts
63 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
chatbox wrote: Are people buying movies that they are going to watch once? (fact, or are you interested in a hypothetical scenario?)

...Why do people buy food that they're only going to eat once? (fact).

...Why are people born to only live once?
You cannot equate food to movies since you eat to stay alive, you dont watch movies to stay alive.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1583 upvotes
massakassa wrote: Its a fair assumption since most movies are not that exceptional that they warrant re-watching.
I can list 10 right now that are.
Sep 6, 2005
966 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
I watched this movie three times lol, it was a great movie imo
MY HEATWARE 8-0-0

100% Ebay Feedback!
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1511 posts
1640 upvotes
Toronto
Well I didnt spend thousands on a home theatre set up only to watch Netflix on it......blu rays right now provide the best in terms of video and audio quality.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
massakassa wrote: You cannot equate food to movies since you eat to stay alive, you dont watch movies to stay alive.
Agree. And equate, it was not. It wasn't an attempt to question the similarities...but more about the following.

Why do things only once, or multiple times? Why do anything at all? Life, life's experiences...what's the purpose / value through it all?
Aug 24, 2011
283 posts
281 upvotes
Calgary
Because of all the 'extras' included on the blu-rays....
commentaries
behind the scenes
bloopers
deleted scenes

The Lord of the Rings set is incredible, Aliens set, Resident Evil set, Man with No Name set are just a few that I enjoy repeated watching...

I purchased 'John Wick' and am looking forward to just multiple viewings of the movie, any extras are a bonus...
Mmmmmm....headshots galore...!!!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)