Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Joovy Caboose Graphite Stand On Tandem Stroller--$129.97 ($250+ elsewhere)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2021 10:56 pm
Tags:
None
6 replies
May 25, 2009
707 posts
301 upvotes
Fantastic price, we bought this years ago and it was great for two little ones and for travelling. Frame was strong but light, and it's compact enough for smaller trunks.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
7319 posts
4368 upvotes
Great price for a tandem stroller. Took too long to decide, now oos. Bummer.
Jan 5, 2007
417 posts
214 upvotes
Got one about 3 years ago at retail price. Had a City Select with 2 seats but thought this might be better for travelling - we took it to France.

The stroller was OK if you need 2 seats and your kids are the right size. Coming from the City Select it felt a bit flimsy. Lighter is good for taking it out of the car but I'm about average height and the features/quality "outweighed" getting this just for travel. I compared the size and the Caboose is only a few inches shorter and doesn't come apart like the City Select. A wheel also came off while pushing it along cobblestone but I was able to put it back (a bit loose). The City Select is in a different class so the two strollers can't really be compared. At this price it might be more worth considering for only travel but if I were to go back in time, I should have just taken the City Select for travelling.

If you just need a basic stroller for 2 kids this is OK with light to medium use. I imagine if you were using it everyday and not babying it, it might last less than a year.

On the other hand I highly recommend the City Select if your budget allows.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
7319 posts
4368 upvotes
Dex wrote: Got one about 3 years ago at retail price. Had a City Select with 2 seats but thought this might be better for travelling - we took it to France.

The stroller was OK if you need 2 seats and your kids are the right size. Coming from the City Select it felt a bit flimsy. Lighter is good for taking it out of the car but I'm about average height and the features/quality "outweighed" getting this just for travel. I compared the size and the Caboose is only a few inches shorter and doesn't come apart like the City Select. A wheel also came off while pushing it along cobblestone but I was able to put it back (a bit loose). The City Select is in a different class so the two strollers can't really be compared. At this price it might be more worth considering for only travel but if I were to go back in time, I should have just taken the City Select for travelling.

If you just need a basic stroller for 2 kids this is OK with light to medium use. I imagine if you were using it everyday and not babying it, it might last less than a year.

On the other hand I highly recommend the City Select if your budget allows.
What was the model of the city select?
Jan 5, 2007
417 posts
214 upvotes
domo325 wrote: What was the model of the city select?
I got the Baby Jogger City Select double stroller back in November 2017. It was on sale for $729+tax. It isn't a budget stroller but it was comparable and less expensive then the Uppababy double stroller at the time. The only thing with this stroller is that it is a bit heavy for someone smaller to lift into the back of a SUV, it isn't narrow either. But you can't really get around those issues with a comfortable (for the kids) double stroller. The different configurations and angles, allowing kids to lie flat to sleep was so worth it.

If you can, try out the stroller in store. A salesperson should be able to demo it in person.