Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

K-pop TWICE - Formula of Love: O+T=<3 Full Album Pre-order - $30.18 (Now 33.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2021 1:40 pm
[OP]
Feb 20, 2018
202 posts
1870 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] K-pop TWICE - Formula of Love: O+T=<3 Full Album Pre-order - $30.18 (Now 33.99)

Album playlist

Album unboxing

Tracklist

Oct 18 update: The price now shows $33.99 for all album versions

This is the first time that Amazon.ca is selling TWICE's albums for pre-order and $30.18 is a pretty good price. In the past, you had to order overseas and buy like 3 albums just to make shipping worth it. And that does not include any duties and customs charges that may apply or the longer shipping times. The advantage of buying from Amazon is you can buy just one album and add a filler item to reach free shipping if you don't want to buy all four versions. For shipping to Canada, I think this is the best price out there.

Album Version Product Page/Concept Photos
Album Content
  • Photo cards (random 4 of 60)
  • Scientist cards (random 2 of 18)
  • Index Photo Paper (random 1 of 9)
  • Break Scratch card (random 1 of 10) and DIY sticker
  • Also included and unique to each version are a Photobook, Photocard set and Folded Poster

The previous thread for their Taste of Love album was pretty well received with over 100 upvotes before it was locked due to the thread getting derailed. I figured there might be some fans on here who are not aware that Amazon has this for pre-order. For those unfamiliar with TWICE, they are one of the most popular girl groups and was formed in 2015. The group consists of nine members (5 Korean, 3 Japanese, 1 Taiwanese) born between 1995-1999.

Here is their Likey music video that was filmed in Vancouver and the behind the scenes with several Lower Mainland locales in the background. The music video also made the local news.

And this is their first English single, The Feels that was released on October 1, 2021
Images
  • FBJWxmKUcAMWhm9.jpg
  • FC1kOxyagAAAgZp.jpg
  • FC1j3IXakAAodcI.jpg
  • FDFCs8ZaQAAbZb2.jpg
  • FDFCU_QagAAF7-x.jpg
  • FDFB7JxagAAL-7r.jpg
  • FDFBpobacAA2BEG.jpg
  • FDFBNThacAEV6Bo.jpg
Last edited by Gedfrad on Nov 12th, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 25 times in total.
66 replies
Aug 11, 2014
674 posts
638 upvotes
I just wanna say, looks like OP put in the effort for this post.

Even if I may not buy this, hope this thread doesn't get derailed like the last time lol.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2008
1307 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
I'm glad that amazon is starting to recognize there is a demand for kpop album in North America.

For the uninitiated, kpop album usually cost 45 to 60 dollars after shipping and duty through ebay and other shops. You also have to wait 3 to 6 weeks for it to come...

I just bought an album from amazon and I got it the next day with a total cost of 30 bucks, with guaranteed that it is brand new sealed and not dinged up.

These are collectibles more than for listening, so 30 bucks is worth it if you are a fan.
Feb 5, 2007
541 posts
249 upvotes
East York
signops wrote: People still buy music CD's???
i think they are looking more toward to with comes with the music CD, like post cards
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2008
1307 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
Actually, the kpop industry did a smart thing and turn music albums into baseball card.

You get randomized trading card of the artists every album and there is a whole industry of just selling / trading those cards. That why many kpop groups have large number of members. (Although I have difficulties telling them apart if they have the same hair style)

You kind of get addicted tocollect the whole set, prompting you to buy more. So if you are a fan and have addiction problem, you will likely buy multiple of the same album hoping to get all the cards... Genius marketing strategy but toxic =P
Last edited by Real_GM on Oct 15th, 2021 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 25, 2016
17 posts
16 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
PRAYING I get some Jihyo photocards
Apr 5, 2018
340 posts
326 upvotes
Real_GM wrote: Actually, the kpop industry did a smart thing and turn music albums into baseball card.
I had no friggin idea. Thanks for the neat explanation. Ok Hand Sign. I suspect several MBAs were behind this.
Nov 19, 2018
81 posts
103 upvotes
this is what passes for music these days?

I'll forward this deal to my k-pop fanatic coworker. she'll like it
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1295 posts
1075 upvotes
Montreal
Maybe I'm old or just not Korean enough, can't stand songs like Likey, good deal for the fans
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5322 posts
446 upvotes
Thanks for the heads up!

Just for comparison, each album can be had for $12 USD from ktown4u. However, shipping is ridiculous at $80USD for all 4. For a total of USD 128.50(Tax excl.).

The only difference is you get bonus cards and posters for pre-ordering at k4u.
This space for rent.
[OP]
Feb 20, 2018
202 posts
1870 upvotes
GunnerX wrote: Thanks for the heads up!

Just for comparison, each album can be had for $12 USD from ktown4u. However, shipping is ridiculous at $80USD for all 4. For a total of USD 128.50(Tax excl.).

The only difference is you get bonus cards and posters for pre-ordering at k4u.
Amazon's description says "Also included and unique to each version are a Photobook, Photocard set and Folded Poster." So it's possible that the preorder cards and poster are available here too.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5322 posts
446 upvotes
Gedfrad wrote: Amazon's description says "Also included and unique to each version are a Photobook, Photocard set and Folded Poster." So it's possible that the preorder cards and poster are available here too.
Ah! Thought those were the ones inside the albums. If they are the pre-order items then that's awesome!
This space for rent.
[OP]
Feb 20, 2018
202 posts
1870 upvotes
GunnerX wrote: Ah! Thought those were the ones inside the albums. If they are the pre-order items then that's awesome!
Amazon's description also says there's Photo cards (random 4 of 60). I assume those are the ones inside the album and the "photocard set" are the preorder cards. I guess the only way to know for sure is to order the album and find out.
Jan 22, 2017
445 posts
1379 upvotes
I don't understand it myself but this looks like a good deal for those in the market for the CD. Good job OP.
Jan 22, 2017
445 posts
1379 upvotes
Yes? I even rip the CD songs to my computer so I can use them in multiple devices! The horror!
Nothing wrong with streaming services but use them in one hand or buy CD's in the other see which you have more of at the end of the year.
[OP]
Feb 20, 2018
202 posts
1870 upvotes
CrazyCatMan wrote: I don't understand it myself but this looks like a good deal for those in the market for the CD. Good job OP.
Thanks. What makes this a good deal is that these albums are finally available for the first time to preorder without having to pay overseas shipping. Before this, there was no way to order from a Canadian website. In Korea, these albums go for maybe $15 CAD, but having the album shipped to Canada will bring the total to $30+. And you need to buy more to make it worth the shipping. If you buy just one, then you might be looking at $40+ for an album.
Dec 22, 2010
519 posts
382 upvotes
Ontario
The storm of the racist comments is expected soon.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)