• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2020 2:10 pm
[OP]
Nov 15, 2011
282 posts
359 upvotes
NORTH YORK

[Amazon.ca] Kamado Joe JoeTisserie (rotisserie attachment) - $262

amazon.ca is selling the KJ Classic sized joeTisserie for 262$ (sold and ships from amazon).
lowes sells for 330$ while dickson bbq is selling for 300$.
Last edited by g5spark on Jul 15th, 2020 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
28 replies
Jul 7, 2008
971 posts
756 upvotes
picked this up about 2 month ago from amazon for $269, hands down the best purchase for the Kamado Joe.
I make rotisserie chickens a couple of times a week and they are the best chickens I've ever eaten.
Can't wait to try more stuff on it.
This is a good price for it, it rarely goes on sale.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2008
1087 posts
1722 upvotes
Montreal
am I missing something? it seems a little expensive for what it is?

in perspective it's like 30 Costco bbq chicken.

edit: I don't question the quality but i'm just wondering if it's truly worth it? there are no-name alternatives that are 50% f the price with pretty good reviews as well

127$: https://www.amazon.ca/Onlyfire-Universa ... B01H19VK1A
Last edited by Jonick on Jul 15th, 2020 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 22, 2013
255 posts
235 upvotes
Jonick wrote: am I missing something? it seems a little expensive for what it is?

Teach a man to rotisserie chicken, he’s good for life, lol!
[OP]
Nov 15, 2011
282 posts
359 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Jonick wrote: am I missing something? it seems a little expensive for what it is?

yes. technically, its expensive for what it is.
1 spit rod, 4 prongs and a motor.
and a really impressive warranty.
Everything from KJ or Green Egg is going to be priced accordingly.

i've had one for a few years now. i dont use it frequently. i cook a turkey on 2-3x a year, ive done shawarma, whole chickens, and some picanha steak.
The motor is suppose to be strong enough to turn up to 40lbs. one year i had a 25lbs turkey and it wouldn't turn completely so they ended up sending me a new motor.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2008
1087 posts
1722 upvotes
Montreal
g5spark wrote: yes. technically, its expensive for what it is.
1 spit rod, 4 prongs and a motor.
and a really impressive warranty.
Everything from KJ or Green Egg is going to be priced accordingly.

i've had one for a few years now. i dont use it frequently. i cook a turkey on 2-3x a year, ive done shawarma, whole chickens, and some picanha steak.
The motor is suppose to be strong enough to turn up to 40lbs. one year i had a 25lbs turkey and it wouldn't turn completely so they ended up sending me a new motor.
How does shawarma come out when it's not vertical? I only thought of it as a single usage appliance for chicken, but using it for shawarma, shish-taouk, gyro, etc might be great!
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1429 posts
446 upvotes
Halifax
Jonick wrote: How does shawarma come out when it's not vertical? I only thought of it as a single usage appliance for chicken, but using it for shawarma, shish-taouk, gyro, etc might be great!
You can also cook any type of roasts.
[OP]
Nov 15, 2011
282 posts
359 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Jonick wrote: How does shawarma come out when it's not vertical? I only thought of it as a single usage appliance for chicken, but using it for shawarma, shish-taouk, gyro, etc might be great!
i dont have a url for my pics but i basically copied this
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2008
1087 posts
1722 upvotes
Montreal
g5spark wrote: i dont have a url for my pics but i basically copied this
looks good! Nice video but with the meat so close to the coals, how does it not get burned on the outside while the inside is still raw, the video cuts just in that time and he starts cutting into a perfectly cooked stack of meat? Confused Face
[OP]
Nov 15, 2011
282 posts
359 upvotes
NORTH YORK
on the kamado, its not as close to the coals.
what i usually do is take the spit off the fire, shave the cooked bits and put it back on the spit. repeat.

this rotisserie only fits kamado style bbqs (18" diameter - KJ Classic/BGE Large/Vision). if you have a weber smokey joe (22"/24") or gas/propane, you'll need a different rotisserie (and it'll cost less too.. probably 100$).
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
3005 posts
1495 upvotes
Can this somehow be retrofit for a 22" kettle?
May 7, 2017
37 posts
24 upvotes
g5spark wrote: this rotisserie only fits kamado style bbqs (18" diameter - KJ Classic/BGE Large/Vision). if you have a weber smokey joe (22"/24") or gas/propane, you'll need a different rotisserie (and it'll cost less too.. probably 100$).
This is very sad for us Big Joe owners, sniff....
Feb 13, 2004
954 posts
238 upvotes
Vancouver
I've thought about buying one of these and using it on my kamado or a half cut barrel. Anyone ever try it on a kamado? Sure you won't get the perfect seal, but people do this over open fire anyways.
https://www.lowes.ca/product/bbq-rotiss ... rie-608832

edit: Here is an example of the lowes. Some handy people made a metal ring and others just cook open without the lid.
https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/121 ... lternative
Last edited by Twism on Jul 15th, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 26, 2004
373 posts
275 upvotes
Ottawa
Have the big joe version of this. Love it for spinning pork butts, better results in a fraction of the time for pulled pork. Also picanha. Personally, I prefer spatchcocked chicken/turkey to rotisserie. For donair/shawarma/al pastor, hard to beat the Trompo King. No risk of it falling into the fire.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2595 posts
2792 upvotes
Oakville
Anyone have experience using one of these with a Vision B series? It's 22" vs. 18" but one person in the Amazon Q&A said they fit it... not many data points.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1429 posts
446 upvotes
Halifax
kanewtz wrote: Can this somehow be retrofit for a 22" kettle?
Various vendors make one for a 22" Kettle. Weber makes one, a third party I trust is OnlyFire. I think the weber one is $200 and the OnlyFire one is $140.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3707 posts
403 upvotes
Lucky to see a Kamado Joe deal as they price fix, authorized dealers typically list the same price and I was told they are not allowed to advertise deals.

Does anyone know if this is available for the Big Joe at a discounted price?

The other deals I would be looking for would be the Big Joe Pizza stone and Big Joe grill expander.

Also if you guys don’t know about this already, order the grate racks from amazon.ca for $34.99, it attaches to your stand and you can store your accessories there.
Mar 26, 2004
373 posts
275 upvotes
Ottawa
Rockstead wrote: Lucky to see a Kamado Joe deal as they price fix, authorized dealers typically list the same price and I was told they are not allowed to advertise deals.

Does anyone know if this is available for the Big Joe at a discounted price?

The other deals I would be looking for would be the Big Joe Pizza stone and Big Joe grill expander.

Also if you guys don’t know about this already, order the grate racks from amazon.ca for $34.99, it attaches to your stand and you can store your accessories there.
+1 for grate racks

This is the first deal I've seen in Canada for the Joetisserie. Too bad nothing for the big one. For pizza stones, it costs more the but the Fredstone is worth a look. Never burn a crust again. Game changer for pizza and baking.
Oct 10, 2004
902 posts
196 upvotes
Winnipeg
g5spark wrote: on the kamado, its not as close to the coals.
what i usually do is take the spit off the fire, shave the cooked bits and put it back on the spit. repeat.

this rotisserie only fits kamado style bbqs (18" diameter - KJ Classic/BGE Large/Vision). if you have a weber smokey joe (22"/24") or gas/propane, you'll need a different rotisserie (and it'll cost less too.. probably 100$).
When you say 18" diameter, are you referring to the grill surface or the outside diameter of the kamado itself?
[OP]
Nov 15, 2011
282 posts
359 upvotes
NORTH YORK
velomane wrote:
When you say 18" diameter, are you referring to the grill surface or the outside diameter of the kamado itself?
Grill diameter, not the outside diameter.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)