• Jun 1st, 2021 2:34 pm
[OP]
Jul 23, 2012
124 posts
54 upvotes
LONDON

[Amazon.ca] Karcher K1700 Cube Electric Power Pressure Washer $138.95

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XRDLVN5?psc ... yp_imgToDp

The all-new K1700 Cube was developed to offer high cleaning performance and unparalleled ease of use. This highly portable electric pressure washer delivers 1700 PSI of TruPressure, ensuring you get the highest level of cleaning power and driven by a reliable universal motor. It includes convenience features such as a unique on/off foot switch, a handy storage bin, on-board detergent tank and three spray nozzles (including a turbo nozzle for intense cleaning). Metal hose connections and an integrated aluminum handle make this unit highly durable. Universal quick-connect nozzles and standard M22 hose connections simplify nozzle and accessory usage. At less than 12 inches tall and 18 pounds, this pressure washer is easy to carry to any cleaning task and fits compactly on a shelf for storage. Best of all, no tools are needed for assembly – you can set up and start using the K1700 Cube in five minutes or less. Backed by a three year limited warranty, the K1700 Cube electric pressure washer is perfect for tackling typical outdoor cleaning jobs.

Seems to be ATL !
Thread Summary
Not the style you want? Take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best pressure washers!
26 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2005
1926 posts
231 upvotes
reviews seem to be pretty bad on this unit. lots also claiming its not a 3 year warranty, but only 90 days
Dec 20, 2014
61 posts
101 upvotes
Winnipeg
Is there a reason these things never seem to come with a quick connect for the hose? The most frustrating thing about these budget electric pressure washers is that they rarely come with a built in hose reel, and never have some sort of quick connect system for the hose. I spend more time setting up/packing up these things, than actually using them.

Can anyone suggest a way to modify one of these to add a quick connect hose system? (similar to an air compressor)
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1938 posts
1444 upvotes
Langley
silverbulit306 wrote: Is there a reason these things never seem to come with a quick connect for the hose? The most frustrating thing about these budget electric pressure washers is that they rarely come with a built in hose reel, and never have some sort of quick connect system for the hose. I spend more time setting up/packing up these things, than actually using them.

Can anyone suggest a way to modify one of these to add a quick connect hose system? (similar to an air compressor)
Edit just noticed I actually have the K1800, whoops

Disregard previous comments on this unit
Nov 29, 2013
415 posts
561 upvotes
TORONTO
jbone14 wrote: Edit just noticed I actually have the K1800, whoops

Disregard previous comments on this unit
You can just buy quick fit connections. No need to buy a new hose and wand.
Feb 27, 2019
73 posts
92 upvotes
sumrandomguy wrote: reviews seem to be pretty bad on this unit. lots also claiming its not a 3 year warranty, but only 90 days
I believe the 90 days is only on the hose + gun. The base unit has the 3 year.
Feb 27, 2019
73 posts
92 upvotes
silverbulit306 wrote: Is there a reason these things never seem to come with a quick connect for the hose? The most frustrating thing about these budget electric pressure washers is that they rarely come with a built in hose reel, and never have some sort of quick connect system for the hose. I spend more time setting up/packing up these things, than actually using them.

I did a bunch of research into this a while back.
The K1700 Cube uses standard M22 (14mm) on the outlet of the unit (to hose), and same for the hose to gun.
You need adapters to match the quick disconnect standards.

You would need:
1. M22 (14mm) to 3/8" Plug or Coupler (depending on what the hose you are connecting to uses).
2. 3/8" Hose (may need to add fittings if the hose does not come with them)
3. 3/8" Gun
4. Nozzles for the Gun outlet are 1/4" size quick disconnects

I have this unit and have been happy with it. Have not taken the plunge to upgrade to a better hose and gun yet though.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4923 posts
6304 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Disposable garbage... spend a bit more to get something better. Buying annually doesn't help your wallet nor the environment.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4923 posts
6304 upvotes
Toronto, ON

It's called you get what you pay for...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6519 posts
378 upvotes
Etobicoke
I'm a Karcher owner. I will not get another one.

The pump mechanism is plastic. Will wear out faster than metal ones. The spray nozzle is plastic. Will wear out after a season or two (depending on usage). Once the hole enlarges, you'll get no pressure. The hose connectors are plastic and easily cross threaded. The O-Ring on the high pressure connector falls off easily and will leak (no pressure).

Just too many things that go wrong. And parts not easy to find (used to have many Karcher stores with parts. Now there are none left.) I would go for a gas washer with metal water pump. Yes, it is a lot more expensive. But the money you spend will last you many years, instead of $150 for this and lasting just 2 years.

The only thing good with Karcher is the motor. Powerful and durable. You can repurpose it for many projects.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5963 posts
2599 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
eelfliw wrote:
The pump mechanism is plastic. Will wear out faster than metal ones.
I believe that Annovi Reverberi electric pressure washers have a metal pump. I wonder which other ones do?
¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2983 posts
2271 upvotes
My Karcher gun handle is leaking like a sieve after limited use, terrible.

They say 3 year warranty but it is really 90 days on the stuff that will break.

I'm now sourcing out a replacement gun that will cost half of what I paid for the unit.

Never again.
Mar 5, 2012
644 posts
342 upvotes
Canada
Third Eye wrote: My Karcher gun handle is leaking like a sieve after limited use, terrible.

They say 3 year warranty but it is really 90 days on the stuff that will break.

I'm now sourcing out a replacement gun that will cost half of what I paid for the unit.

Never again.
That is actually what’s stopping me from getting the “McCulloch MC1375 Canister Steam System” from Amazon. Seen many reviews about the handle part of the hose breaking.
These companies should get mentored by Toyota.
Images
  • image.jpg
Dec 23, 2017
132 posts
108 upvotes
Karcher quality quickly went downhill recently. Now milking consumers from the word of mouth that karcher is a ''reliable'' brand which is now untrue.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4923 posts
6304 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bettacarde wrote: Karcher quality quickly went downhill recently. Now milking consumers from the word of mouth that karcher is a ''reliable'' brand which is now untrue.
If by recently, you mean for the last 20 years, ok. LOL.
Aug 4, 2006
846 posts
22 upvotes
Thanks OP! I was about to pull the trigger on the non-cube at 199, but it's back at regular price so I put an order for this. I'm sure I can find a way to put it on wheels for much less if it were that important to me.
(:
Jan 11, 2009
597 posts
466 upvotes
Toronto
I have this unit and it serves its purpose... It's probably 3 years old and I haven't had any issues. No issues with leaks, quality etc... It's built great and maintains good pressure. Maybe they now cheap out and have a lot more plastic over metal so can't comment on that.
I feel this unit will be better than the sunjoe/rebranded ones that are in the same price range...just my opinion
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
2446 posts
610 upvotes
Toronto, ON
er34er34 wrote: Disposable garbage... spend a bit more to get something better. Buying annually doesn't help your wallet nor the environment.
They all are at the consumer level, it will cost like 10x more to put together a proper setup that isn't crap and even then they'll still have dissimilar metals or brass fittings that will corrode and leak within a few years anyways.

I was given a karcher k2000 for free (a $300-$400 unit); the gun had brass fittings and stainless wand to make it look metal but was all plastic internally. The hose barb was made of some different metal which reacted with the brass and corroded both away. It leaked everywhere when pressurized. The hose itself was standard m22 on the gun end but the reel end was some kind of karcher proprietary fitting which hooked up to a smaller extension hose that connected the reel to the unit which was proprietary also. It was such a shame because I opened the unit up and was surprised to see full metal internals except for the pressure switch. I floated the idea of machining a fitting to go from the karcher design to standard m22 but then gave my head a shake and did the sensible thing of wheeling the unit to the curb. The soap addition was also clogged and useless.

I took advice from the costco thread and bought this on sale for $99: https://www.rona.ca/en/kobalt-corded-pr ... 4-46835063
I'll dump it at the curb when it inevitably leaks from galvanic corrosion or the plastic breaking in a few years and buy another one.
er34er34 wrote: It's called you get what you pay for...
No you really don't. You just spend a lot more money to get something that will still break. It might last an extra season longer, but that just means you'll be using a crusty old pressure washer for an extra season longer and be financially worse off than just replacing a cheaper unit. They design these things to fail on purpose.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3500 posts
1566 upvotes
Vancouver
nabiul wrote: They all are at the consumer level, it will cost like 10x more to put together a proper setup that isn't crap and even then they'll still have dissimilar metals or brass fittings that will corrode and leak within a few years anyways.

I was given a karcher k2000 for free (a $300-$400 unit); the gun had brass fittings and stainless wand to make it look metal but was all plastic internally. The hose barb was made of some different metal which reacted with the brass and corroded both away. It leaked everywhere when pressurized. The hose itself was standard m22 on the gun end but the reel end was some kind of karcher proprietary fitting which hooked up to a smaller extension hose that connected the reel to the unit which was proprietary also. It was such a shame because I opened the unit up and was surprised to see full metal internals except for the pressure switch. I floated the idea of machining a fitting to go from the karcher design to standard m22 but then gave my head a shake and did the sensible thing of wheeling the unit to the curb. The soap addition was also clogged and useless.

I took advice from the costco thread and bought this on sale for $99: https://www.rona.ca/en/kobalt-corded-pr ... 4-46835063
I'll dump it at the curb when it inevitably leaks from galvanic corrosion or the plastic breaking in a few years and buy another one.

No you really don't. You just spend a lot more money to get something that will still break. It might last an extra season longer, but that just means you'll be using a crusty old pressure washer for an extra season longer and be financially worse off than just replacing a cheaper unit. They design these things to fail on purpose.
So presuming one wants to stick with electric, the Rona is the best bang for buck, but on the assumption that they'll last a few seasons and will be junked?

No 'quality' electrics around?
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4923 posts
6304 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nabiul wrote: They all are at the consumer level, it will cost like 10x more to put together a proper setup that isn't crap and even then they'll still have dissimilar metals or brass fittings that will corrode and leak within a few years anyways.

That's why I have a gas unit. It's still a consumer line one(Ryobi) and I paid 250 for it and it ran strong for over 5 years already. A bit noisy but basically the same as a lawn mower so don't really care.