Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca Black Friday

Kasa HS220 - $18.99 and Smart Motion activated - $24.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2021 9:49 am
Feb 26, 2008
315 posts
145 upvotes
awais wrote: If you don't want a smart one, Lutron has a good one that works well. And, technically since its motion activated, you may realize you don't need it to be smart. I have it running in a basement staircase and auto shuts off after 10-15 mins (you can adjust the time and sensitivity)
I was looking for an answer for 3-way motion as well. I'd like it smart though since it will be for the entrance lights, where I don't want it to be sensing motion/turning on during the daytime (program with IFTTT?).

Since the 3-way dimmer is only required on one end, can you pair the Kasa motion sensing with a Kasa 3-way dimmer? Does this work??

Edit: Can the 3-way be the dumb switch.
Oct 21, 2005
64 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone tried the H220 with slim LED pot lights? If so, have you noticed any flickering when the lights are dimmed?

I have a few potlights controlled by a cheapo non-smart dimmers and they flicker alot when dimmed.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3502 posts
1347 upvotes
Toronto
SleepAddict wrote: Has anyone tried the H220 with slim LED pot lights? If so, have you noticed any flickering when the lights are dimmed?

I have a few potlights controlled by a cheapo non-smart dimmers and they flicker alot when dimmed.
No flickering on mine.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3339 posts
1534 upvotes
Mississauga
SleepAddict wrote: Has anyone tried the H220 with slim LED pot lights? If so, have you noticed any flickering when the lights are dimmed?

No flicking.. using Philips par20 bulbs.
Oct 1, 2014
32 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know of a 3 or 4 switch case that can fit this? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3502 posts
1347 upvotes
Toronto
TLSRULZ wrote: Just want to point out that this link is going to HS210 and not the 3way dimmer HS230... maybe Amazon is messing up.
It used to link to it before it sold out. There was a toggle to switch between the two 3 way switch/dimmer products but as the dimmer is now gone it defaults to the switch.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8377 posts
901 upvotes
Can you use those dimmer with "non dimmer" mode since my house is full of non dimmable LED.
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3339 posts
1534 upvotes
Mississauga
SoulBrotherNo3 wrote: Just picked up 4 dimmer switches (3 pack and a single) and 2 x 3 way switches. Thanks OP!

I installed 4 of the colour changing bulbs outside last weekend for xmas themed colours.
I'm loving them, they're amazing. Also put my plugs on the 2 outlet kasa plug.
Now I control all my outdoor lights through the app and can change colours for different seasons/holidays.
So easy to set up and work amazing so far.
Gave me confidence to go ahead and start putting these products in my house now too.
Are those bulbs rated to be outdoors.. I thought they were indoor bulbs.. at $10+ a bulb I would hate for them to go prematurely.
Mar 9, 2020
310 posts
609 upvotes
TLSRULZ wrote: Just want to point out that this link is going to HS210 and not the 3way dimmer HS230... maybe Amazon is messing up.
yes, appears amazon has removed the hs230 option from the site for now and it's defaulting to the 210
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8434 posts
2084 upvotes
fyrebug wrote: yes, appears amazon has removed the hs230 option from the site for now and it's defaulting to the 210
Thanks for that. Thought i was going crazy