• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2021 3:43 am
17 replies
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2844 posts
2200 upvotes
Mississauga
Janajda wrote: What's the ATL on this?
When there was a coupon error and it was 14.99 I believe
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Newbie
Aug 22, 2018
67 posts
37 upvotes
Québec, QC
Cool thanks ! a good one on wifi ... i will pass and wait for a Zigbee one :)
Member
Aug 8, 2010
322 posts
245 upvotes
Quebec
I have been using mine for close to 6 months. Love the style, and the « long press » = long gradual turn off. I’m buying a couple more, thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2008
1301 posts
630 upvotes
boonjaca wrote: All time low
Janajda was asking about the actual ATL, not what the acronym means :)
Member
Aug 23, 2012
203 posts
156 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks, bought another one. They work really well.

I was waiting for the 3 way dimmers that were supposed to release a month ago but they had problems with the switches... Just searched and they are available right now, I ordered it on Amazon!

Just spent 80$ lol thanks RFD
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1662 posts
1590 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have any idea of the cost for wiring in neutral to a condo?

Its probably easier just to buy Lutron's, no?

That's the only no neutral required smart dimmer? I wanted these but can't wire them up as no neutral line.
.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2005
7440 posts
388 upvotes
Toronto
Is anyone aware of any smart dimmer switches that can control one light from two switches that are not wired as three way? E.g. one smart dimmer switch wired to the light. And another switch somewhere else on another circuit that wirelessly controls the switch wired to the light.

Not sure what to Google. Thanks
_{o,o}...{o.-}--{0,0}
_|)__)_--|)_(|-_-(__(|
--"-"-___-"-"-__--"-"-
Member
Oct 9, 2019
386 posts
263 upvotes
The three pack was 55 sometime ago. Definitely one of the best switches.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2544 posts
784 upvotes
Vaughan
krn905 wrote: Anyone have any idea of the cost for wiring in neutral to a condo?

Its probably easier just to buy Lutron's, no?

That's the only no neutral required smart dimmer? I wanted these but can't wire them up as no neutral line.
I can't even get an electrician to my house to do this one job. It's not worth it for them. Would prob cost around ~$100 if you could get someone to do it.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1662 posts
1590 upvotes
Toronto
CanadaBoy wrote: Is anyone aware of any smart dimmer switches that can control one light from two switches that are not wired as three way? E.g. one smart dimmer switch wired to the light. And another switch somewhere else on another circuit that wirelessly controls the switch wired to the light.

Not sure what to Google. Thanks
Lutron with a pico remote.
.
Sr. Member
May 17, 2007
819 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
CanadaBoy wrote: Is anyone aware of any smart dimmer switches that can control one light from two switches that are not wired as three way? E.g. one smart dimmer switch wired to the light. And another switch somewhere else on another circuit that wirelessly controls the switch wired to the light.

Not sure what to Google. Thanks
Kasa has one but they took off the market. They are working out the kinks
Member
Apr 11, 2011
398 posts
293 upvotes
Montreal
CanadaBoy wrote: Is anyone aware of any smart dimmer switches that can control one light from two switches that are not wired as three way? E.g. one smart dimmer switch wired to the light. And another switch somewhere else on another circuit that wirelessly controls the switch wired to the light.

Not sure what to Google. Thanks
I got this last week, setup could have been easier but after watching a youtube video I got it right :
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07SKJ2L63/

You can install the pico remote anywhere, or keep it in a drawer or on a desk for example.
Personally, I wanted a remote but I recently switched to Amazon echo dot devices and wow, it works so well and it's so inexpensive, we have a few around the house and we just ask Alexa to open/close lights, it's very responsive.
Kasa is nice, I have many but it does not work if you don't have a neutral cable so that's why I got a Lutron Caseta dimmer instead for some rooms that lacks the neutral cable.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5398 posts
2611 upvotes
CanadaBoy wrote: Is anyone aware of any smart dimmer switches that can control one light from two switches that are not wired as three way? E.g. one smart dimmer switch wired to the light. And another switch somewhere else on another circuit that wirelessly controls the switch wired to the light.

Not sure what to Google. Thanks
if you have a smart home hub like HA or SmartThings, the Inovelli switches/dimmer can do it. for example, one click would control the light its actually attached to, and two click would control a different smart switch that's actually attached the light you mentioned. You can do other programs like 4 clicks to turn off all smart lighting, open a garage door, lock a smart lock, etc.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2005
7440 posts
388 upvotes
Toronto
krn905 wrote: Lutron with a pico remote.
orb2k wrote: Kasa has one but they took off the market. They are working out the kinks
JohnMarston wrote: I got this last week, setup could have been easier but after watching a youtube video I got it right :
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07SKJ2L63/

You can install the pico remote anywhere, or keep it in a drawer or on a desk for example.
Personally, I wanted a remote but I recently switched to Amazon echo dot devices and wow, it works so well and it's so inexpensive, we have a few around the house and we just ask Alexa to open/close lights, it's very responsive.
Kasa is nice, I have many but it does not work if you don't have a neutral cable so that's why I got a Lutron Caseta dimmer instead for some rooms that lacks the neutral cable.
DogeMusk wrote: if you have a smart home hub like HA or SmartThings, the Inovelli switches/dimmer can do it. for example, one click would control the light its actually attached to, and two click would control a different smart switch that's actually attached the light you mentioned. You can do other programs like 4 clicks to turn off all smart lighting, open a garage door, lock a smart lock, etc.
Thanks for the responses.
Ended up going with this combo from Leviton as it looked the most normal:

Main switch: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B08RRM8VH5

Wireless remote:
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/levi ... 2567p.html
_{o,o}...{o.-}--{0,0}
_|)__)_--|)_(|-_-(__(|
--"-"-___-"-"-__--"-"-

Top