Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Kasa smart dimmer switch - 3 pack - $45

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2022 1:43 pm
17 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 7, 2007
10558 posts
2045 upvotes
what do people like myself do when they have a house old enough to buy booze?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 25, 2001
3070 posts
1181 upvotes
Toronto
I take a very dim view of anyone trying to pack puns in this thread. No one should make light of this deal.
It would be a nice switch if people could stay on topic.
RFD OG 20+ years
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2004
3354 posts
3406 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Keep in mind, that unlike the Lutron Caseta dimmers, these require a neutral.

But also keep in mind that the Lutron switches are at least 5 times pricier per unit :)

I have Kasa smart plugs, but I use the Lutron Caseta dimmers for switches (the mountable Pico remotes are a game changer).
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 24, 2007
500 posts
425 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
AcidBomber wrote: Really good price. Keep in mind support for "Kasa" is being discontinued - https://www.techhive.com/article/579939 ... e-u-s.html
I'm a little confused, I don't see anything in that article suggesting that Kasa (or support for Kasa) will be discontinued - "TP-Link intends to operate the two brands independently. Users who decide to buy both brands anyway will need to operate them with different apps." Have you read that somewhere else? I have a couple of Kasa devices, and was planning to buy some more...
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1099 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
I don't need the dimmers so would just need the regular smart light switch. That's not as big of a sale, $35 as opposed to $40. Is this worth buying or should I wait for price to drop again?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 22, 2008
3885 posts
1131 upvotes
Calgary
orange260z wrote: I'm a little confused, I don't see anything in that article suggesting that Kasa (or support for Kasa) will be discontinued - "TP-Link intends to operate the two brands independently. Users who decide to buy both brands anyway will need to operate them with different apps." Have you read that somewhere else? I have a couple of Kasa devices, and was planning to buy some more...
https://www.reddit.com/r/TPLinkKasa/com ... ean_going/
Newbie
Sep 3, 2021
56 posts
338 upvotes
in for two, just not sure what will happen if i put this switch in a two-way/ three-way slot
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1417 posts
1966 upvotes
Waterloo Region
I was all into Kasa, until I hit the dreaded "Local-only" error with a couple of switches. Now I'm staying away
[OP]
Sr. Member
Aug 11, 2019
836 posts
894 upvotes
TigerLilly wrote: I don't need the dimmers so would just need the regular smart light switch. That's not as big of a sale, $35 as opposed to $40. Is this worth buying or should I wait for price to drop again?
they frequently drop to 35, 30 is the ATL, but i havent seen that price in a long time, if u wanna use it, i think 35 is a decent enough price
[OP]
Sr. Member
Aug 11, 2019
836 posts
894 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote: I was all into Kasa, until I hit the dreaded "Local-only" error with a couple of switches. Now I'm staying away
i got that once, talked to amazon, they sent a new 3 pack, so basically got 2 for free
[OP]
Sr. Member
Aug 11, 2019
836 posts
894 upvotes
HKDEALHUNT wrote: in for two, just not sure what will happen if i put this switch in a two-way/ three-way slot
it wont work properly, im not even sure you can set it up, you need the 3 way switch
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1099 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: they frequently drop to 35, 30 is the ATL, but i havent seen that price in a long time, if u wanna use it, i think 35 is a decent enough price
Thanks! I'll get them then.

Top