1355 posts
944 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Neutral Wire Required
GRAMMAR: The difference between "Feeling you're nuts." and "Feeling your nuts."
Feb 20, 2018
108 posts
418 upvotes
Its been on sale since last week i think cause i bought it at this price last thursday. Anyway, when i recieved it, i did not realized it was an open box until i installed it because some of the wiring stickers are already peeled off and missing. Did not bother to contact amazon.its working anyway Face With Tears Of Joy
Dec 28, 2017
84 posts
126 upvotes
I bought 6. Same price for a traditional dimmer of quality. No brainer for the smart control.
Mar 24, 2003
675 posts
179 upvotes
If I have a tandem light switch plate, one with this dimmer and one with the old switch, will the plate still fit?

The wemo dimmers i bought don't fit with under the same plate, so there is no way to get the plate back on unless it's a standalone switch plate already.
Jul 5, 2017
562 posts
966 upvotes
Toronto
Nolan wrote: If I have a tandem light switch plate, one with this dimmer and one with the old switch, will the plate still fit?

The wemo dimmers i bought don't fit with under the same plate, so there is no way to get the plate back on unless it's a standalone switch plate already.
Was able to fit the Kasa switch (without dimmer) into a double plate no problem. Just get's tight in the receptacle box if you're running multiple dimmers/smart switches side-by-side.
Jun 1, 2019
56 posts
47 upvotes
What do people use for smart dimmers when they have an switch which has 2 or 3 traditional switches on it?
Sep 11, 2009
168 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto
Tush171717 wrote: What do people use for smart dimmers when they have an switch which has 2 or 3 traditional switches on it?
I have no problem using this Kasa smart dimmer for 2 ,3 or even 4 switches. If you really want some of your traditional switches to stay "traditional", you will have to replace them with the same switch design, since it can be difficult to find wall plates with different holes for the switch for more than one gangs.
Dec 24, 2010
300 posts
729 upvotes
Toronto
Nolan wrote: If I have a tandem light switch plate, one with this dimmer and one with the old switch, will the plate still fit?

I had to hack it to make mine fit.

I basically did what this guy did here:
Just clipped off the ridges from back of faceplate where the screws go in.

Still not perfect, but good enough until the wife lets me outfit the house with all smart switches.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210816-085130_Gallery.jpg
Aug 20, 2009
9159 posts
4506 upvotes
Great deal, these are fantastic. If you have an older house it can be annoying to cram everything in since the unit + wires is bulkier but other than that it's fine. I've had no issues with connectivity and the units can have their annoyingly bright LED disabled in the app. I had some HS200s before that didn't have this option but the HS220 does which is odd. I don't know if that's been resolved since I got rid of them. Installation took about 5 minutes per switch, very easy to DIY (turn off the breaker and test with multimeter to be safe).

Anyways very happy with these and thanks for sharing the deal OP.
Aug 22, 2019
264 posts
213 upvotes
Belleville, Ontario
Can anyone confirm if these have auto-off functions by when it was turned on? I know it has the set time (say 2am turn off if it is on) but can it turn off the light after X minutes automatically if it was turned on without setting a specific timer etc?

My kids man! Always leaving the lights on. For ex. Turn on toy room light at 7:14 pm, automatically turns off after 2 hours.
Jul 10, 2008
311 posts
191 upvotes
Mississauga
DanC13127 wrote: Can anyone confirm if these have auto-off functions by when it was turned on? I know it has the set time (say 2am turn off if it is on) but can it turn off the light after X minutes automatically if it was turned on without setting a specific timer etc?

My kids man! Always leaving the lights on. For ex. Turn on toy room light at 7:14 pm, automatically turns off after 2 hours.
Other TP Link Kasa product have this function such as smart plug
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3169 posts
1751 upvotes
DanC13127 wrote: Can anyone confirm if these have auto-off functions by when it was turned on? I know it has the set time (say 2am turn off if it is on) but can it turn off the light after X minutes automatically if it was turned on without setting a specific timer etc?

Probably not the switch, but BooBoo can. "Hey BooBoo, turn off toy room light in 2 hours!".
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3169 posts
1751 upvotes
I'm wait for switches and dimmers that Matter.
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3720 posts
1539 upvotes
, ON
Can any light switch be changed to smart switch? I have one switch on top of the basement stairs and another one on the bottom of the stairs and both control the same lights. Can I change the one downstairs to smart switch? The electrician told me that due to the way the house is wired, he can only install it on the top of the stairs?