Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Kasa Smart Dimmer Switch by TP-Link (HS220P3) - Single Pole, Neutral Wire Required, 2.4GHz WiFi Switch 3 pack $59.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2021 12:16 pm
[OP]
Feb 28, 2011
445 posts
786 upvotes
ottawa

[Amazon.ca] Kasa Smart Dimmer Switch by TP-Link (HS220P3) - Single Pole, Neutral Wire Required, 2.4GHz WiFi Switch 3 pack $59.99

Amazon and Best Buy have Kasa Smart Dimmer Switch by TP-Link (HS220P3) - Single Pole, Neutral Wire Required, 2.4GHz WiFi Light Switch on sale for $59.99

These are 3 packs, highly rated for their features for price. Work with Amazon Alexa and Google assistants.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07HGSCXB6/ref ... UTF8&psc=1

There is also the same model single dimmer switch pack on sale for $22.99
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B079775ZZQ/ref ... J8CF?psc=1
Last edited by gena_mak on Jun 10th, 2021 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4707 posts
4774 upvotes
Vancouver
Good price for a good product - if you actually need 3 of them. TP-Link has been one of the more stable suppliers, and is well-supported by home automation software and services (including a local control api), but it's best not to over-invest in home automation beyond immediate needs with the current chaotic state of the market.
Jan 12, 2004
850 posts
543 upvotes
You should probably add 3 pack to the title. I thought it was the price for 1 which would be a terrible deal, but for 3 it's not bad.
May 20, 2004
641 posts
473 upvotes
Just a headsup that these can't dim very low without flickering issues. I replaced my lutron maestro's with a few of these, and it's not even close.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4343 posts
1839 upvotes
Parry Sound
Great product, decent price.

Kasa is the best option for wifi based smart devices.
er34er34 wrote: Same price as Bestbuy - https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/tp ... k/14801582

Keep feeding the giant and you will not have good prices on anything.
I typically default to Amazon because it gets to me quicker and the returns are so easy to deal with.

But you're right. I should start using the alternatives when the price is right.
bigdaddyyc wrote: Just a headsup that these can't dim very low without flickering issues. I replaced my lutron maestro's with a few of these, and it's not even close.
I have plenty of these connected to a bunch of different types of bulbs without any flickering issue. Could be compatibility issues with your bulbs.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
1417 posts
426 upvotes
I hate that they don't make a double or thripple wall plate.
Jul 16, 2009
189 posts
51 upvotes
How do these compare to the Costco ones?
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4826 posts
6060 upvotes
Toronto, ON
KAPABLE-K wrote: I hate that they don't make a double or thripple wall plate.
What would they have to charge for it?

You can get standard decora plates in home depot for like $2.
[OP]
Feb 28, 2011
445 posts
786 upvotes
ottawa
mikeygt wrote: How do these compare to the Costco ones?
Does Costco have wifi dimmers? I have couple of regular dimmers from Costco and two of them failed.
May 20, 2004
641 posts
473 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote: I have plenty of these connected to a bunch of different types of bulbs without any flickering issue. Could be compatibility issues with your bulbs.
Mine are connected and working as well, however, there is a calibration for all led switches to determine the low boundary of the dimming. before flickering or strobing occurs. These switches performed much worse than the Lutron Maestros using the same led bulbs. Are your bulbs able to dim completely to the extent that there is barely any light coming out from them?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2462 posts
1746 upvotes
Calgary
Some 3 packs and singles in the Amazon Warehouse for even cheaper. I have bought Kasa switches from Warehouse previously without issue - think people sometimes return these when they realize they require a neutral wire.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1904 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto
I have a couple of these with dimmable LED bulbs and pot lights. No issues with flickering either.

I had a whole lutron RadioRA2 system in a previous house that I took out when I moved and none of those dimmers work properly with LEDs because of minimum load requirements...

Glad that these TP-Link units work well, since you can get 5 for the price of 1 RadioRA2 dimmer.