Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Kasa smart light switch 35% off. $14.99 reg $22.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2021 5:04 pm
Jun 14, 2020
195 posts
463 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Kasa smart light switch 35% off. $14.99 reg $22.99

Lowest price for the single pack according to 3c's. These are great and easy to install if you are wanting a smart home.

Control your lights, ceiling fans, and other fixtures from anywhere with the Kasa Smart WiFi Light Switch. The smart switch replaces any standard light switch, and connects to your home WiFi in no time through the free Kasa app. Kasa also lets you manage connected fixtures with your smartphone or tablet, including setting schedules, timers and countdowns. For added convenience, you can use your voice to control when paired with Amazon Alexa, Google assistant and Microsoft Cortana. Protocols supported: IEEE 802.11b/g/n; System requirement: Android 4.1 or higher iOS 9.0 or higher; Wireless type: 2.4GHz 1T1R.
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best smart switches!
21 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2019
1538 posts
979 upvotes
This is a decent deal. My problem is almost all my light switches are two and three switches long so I'd be wasting the cover plate.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2014
1506 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Neutral Wire Required
-------------
GRAMMAR: The difference between "Feeling you're nuts." and "Feeling your nuts."
English is a difficult language. It can be understood through tough thorough thought though.
Aug 22, 2019
339 posts
424 upvotes
Belleville, Ontario
Can confirm, ordered one last time it was the same price. Neutral wire needed. Single pole only. Also the back of the switch is larger, so depending on how much room you have behind the plate it may become an issue. I had to move a few of the wires to the side more for it to fit. Now, no more lights on all night in the garage when the kids leave it on.
Ontario based Independent Travel Consultant
Aug 19, 2004
728 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
I have this and the HS220, which is the dimming version, and the 3wire set. If you have the light switch plates with the wide rectangle, these fit right in with your current plates. You just need to remove the one that it comes with (pull hard, it snaps off) and remove the screws on the top and bottom where your plate screws mount to the switch.
The instructions for install are built into the Kasa app, you need to select add a device before it walks you through the install process, took me a while to find that.
I've had no problems and there's no base station or anything needed. Wifi only, add them to the Kasa app, then add them to Alexa (I assume the same for Google home or whatever).
Mark.
Jan 17, 2009
564 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone is interested in an HS220 Dimmer smart switch (Still in box) - $15 or HS200 (brand new, but not in box) $10.
I'm selling for $5 less because as the intended switches I was going to replace don't have a neutral wire and now I don't have a use for these.

PM me.
Jan 14, 2005
397 posts
166 upvotes
Brampton
Looks like it is a good deal. These switches work very well over all.
Sony XBR65X900H, Panasonic TH-50PX77U, Denon AVR-X3800H, Pioneer vsx-1325, Sony UBP-X800M2, klipsch Ref 82, Cervin-Wega E76-c, Klipsch 12" Sub, JBL-10 Sub, Polk-Audio Surround speakers, Harmony Ultimate, Playstation 5, Wii, WiiU, AppleTV 4K,
Jan 14, 2005
397 posts
166 upvotes
Brampton
gsainath4u wrote: On the same page, I see the link for the newer version of this switch (3pack) for $40, savings of 27%.
This comes out to an individual price of $13.33 which is less than the OP's price of $15.
Link : https://www.amazon.ca/HS200P3-Lighting- ... 07HGW8N7R/
Yes, absolutely but if someone needs just one switch then $15 deal is good.
Sony XBR65X900H, Panasonic TH-50PX77U, Denon AVR-X3800H, Pioneer vsx-1325, Sony UBP-X800M2, klipsch Ref 82, Cervin-Wega E76-c, Klipsch 12" Sub, JBL-10 Sub, Polk-Audio Surround speakers, Harmony Ultimate, Playstation 5, Wii, WiiU, AppleTV 4K,
Mar 4, 2014
534 posts
872 upvotes
If it helps anyone else, these single switches are the v5, while the 3-packs are v4. Not sure what the difference is!
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1889 posts
1445 upvotes
DanC13127 wrote: Can confirm, ordered one last time it was the same price. Neutral wire needed. Single pole only. Also the back of the switch is larger, so depending on how much room you have behind the plate it may become an issue. I had to move a few of the wires to the side more for it to fit. Now, no more lights on all night in the garage when the kids leave it on.
Yea, I really wish they'd make the back of the thing smaller. I've installed 3 of these, and it was a struggle to get it in there with all the wires.

In fact, I'd pay more for a compact version of this thing, because otherwise it works great.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7616 posts
5699 upvotes
Ottawa
I ordered 3pack for $39.99 from BB yesterday.Amazon was the same price, but BB can take PayPal & 1% CB.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7616 posts
5699 upvotes
Ottawa
hshot_rooke wrote: If anyone is interested in an HS220 Dimmer smart switch (Still in box) - $15 or HS200 (brand new, but not in box) $10.
I'm selling for $5 less because as the intended switches I was going to replace don't have a neutral wire and now I don't have a use for these.

PM me.
Actually It doesn’t need Neutral, one of my 3way switch doesn’t have Neutral, I just put the switch’s white wire to the ground wire, it works. I don’t know what’s going on, but whatever
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Nov 29, 2003
395 posts
171 upvotes
North York
sonyHdr12 wrote: Actually It doesn’t need Neutral, one of my 3way switch doesn’t have Neutral, I just put the switch’s white wire to the ground wire, it works. I don’t know what’s going on, but whatever
This is frightening. You just made the return current go through ground, something that is often a bare wire and also meant to deal with faults only.

This is not a “whatever” moment.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7616 posts
5699 upvotes
Ottawa
I found my router drops more today, is it because I install too many kasa switches which kill my router, I have 3 more Kasa switches on the way?
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1472 posts
2777 upvotes
Ontario
sonyHdr12 wrote: Actually It doesn’t need Neutral, one of my 3way switch doesn’t have Neutral, I just put the switch’s white wire to the ground wire, it works. I don’t know what’s going on, but whatever
"Home insurance companies love this one trick to avoid payouts!"
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
2085 posts
1541 upvotes
Vancouver
Dimmer switch is $19.99
I'd take that for $5 more.
Thw switch faids on/off rather than an abrupt on/off. A bit more classy.
plus you can adjust the presets for max brightness via the app.

https://www.amazon.ca/TP-Link-Dimmer-Sw ... 5ZZQ&psc=1

Also some used ones starting at $17.50. I've had good success from buying these open boxes / returns.
typically people who didn't realize it needs a neutral and returned it unused.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7616 posts
5699 upvotes
Ottawa
Elessar wrote: This is frightening. You just made the return current go through ground, something that is often a bare wire and also meant to deal with faults only.

This is not a “whatever” moment.
mindabsence wrote: "Home insurance companies love this one trick to avoid payouts!"
Thanks for you guys’s warning, lessons learned, I found 3-way switch ‘s another side do have an unused white neutral wire. I will switch them over until I bought 2 gang wall plate. $5 extra needed.
Images
  • 352274F0-5F13-4837-B797-B1BE80D01C64.jpeg
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
9333 posts
5629 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: "Home insurance companies love this one trick to avoid payouts!"
Home insurance doesn't get denied because of miswiring. Please provide one single example of insurance being denied because a homeowner switched a plug incorrectly.

Home disasters are sometimes the result of negligent/reckless behaviour of occupants. Insurance payouts don't get denied because of this.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)