Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Kasa Smart Light Switches 3-Pack by TP-Link (HS200P3) - In-Wall Installation, Single Pole - $36.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2021 4:05 pm
[OP]
Sep 4, 2017
20 posts
54 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Kasa Smart Light Switches 3-Pack by TP-Link (HS200P3) - In-Wall Installation, Single Pole - $36.99

Hi this deal ends in less than 17hrs from this post, usually retails for $54.99, so this a pretty good deal.
cheaper than the single switch option: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01EZV ... UTF8&psc=1

$36.99 divided into 3 = $12.33 per switch.
Last edited by EnriqueJ on Sep 7th, 2021 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35 replies
Mar 4, 2006
376 posts
186 upvotes
Ottawa
Bugger.

I just bought these last week.

That said, the Kasa switches, dimmers, smart plugs and 3-ways all work great with my google assistant.

Highly recommended - especially at this price.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3184 posts
4560 upvotes
Calgary
Solid switches. I installed these on my exterior light switches and soffit switch, and they're great for setting vacation timers or outdoor Christmas lights. Or just impressing your neighbours that you can turn on your exterior lights on your phone.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2014
1329 posts
895 upvotes
Toronto, ON
"Neutral Wire Required"

I don't know if any smart switches "don't" require a neutral wire, but my 1979 home wasn't wired with a neutral wire so I'm still looking for a smart switch solution
GRAMMAR: The difference between "Feeling you're nuts." and "Feeling your nuts."
Dec 8, 2012
115 posts
35 upvotes
CONCORD
treasureseeker3 wrote: "Neutral Wire Required"

I don't know if any smart switches "don't" require a neutral wire, but my 1979 home wasn't wired with a neutral wire so I'm still looking for a smart switch solution
Lutron do not need neutral wire

https://www.casetawireless.com/document ... mmerus.pdf
Last edited by Funjabi on Sep 9th, 2021 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 30, 2006
749 posts
510 upvotes
Toronto

Unfortunately no such thing exists. Or at least an affordable option.
Last edited by tyrrell on Sep 7th, 2021 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9765 posts
13807 upvotes
GT-EH

Most homes are, but the caveat is that it also depends on how they are wired as well.

(i.e. if the line is fed directly to the load first, then the switches do not have the neutral - the neutral ends at the load)
What's the best credit card for...
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Dec 13, 2012
7 posts
3 upvotes
The6ix
Has anyone tried to fit this in a two-pole/three-pole switch slot?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37042 posts
23014 upvotes
Center of Universe
Great switch that works well with Samsung ST.
Jan 20, 2019
8 posts
22 upvotes
Calgary, AB
simon0206 wrote: Has anyone tried to fit this in a two-pole/three-pole switch slot?
I have. You can just pop them out from the cover they come with and then they fit into a standard Decora cover in either 2 or 3 gang. Do be aware though they are quite a bit deeper than a standard switch and in multiple switch boxes at can be difficult to fit the wires around them especially if the wires come in the same side you want to put the switch in
Dec 12, 2014
35 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto, ON
GiOBoY wrote: Most homes are, but the caveat is that it also depends on how they are wired as well.

(i.e. if the line is fed directly to the load first, then the switches do not have the neutral - the neutral ends at the load)
This is an important point! I know my house has neutral wires so I ordered one of these switches last week. Unfortunately when I went to install it there was only one set of wires entering the electrical box so it wouldn’t work. To check if it will work for you, I believe you need two sets of wires in the box. One hot/neutral pair coming from the panel to the switch, and another pair going from the switch to the light fixture. (Please correct me if that’s not correct).
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2138 posts
877 upvotes
simon0206 wrote: Has anyone tried to fit this in a two-pole/three-pole switch slot?
If you mean a 2-gang or 3-gang box then a couple of times I've swapped out one switch of a 3-gang box with these. It was a tight fit getting all the wiring back in but I managed to do it.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21613 posts
1624 upvotes
Shanghai, China
CalgaryRunner wrote: If you mean a 2-gang or 3-gang box then a couple of times I've swapped out one switch of a 3-gang box with these. It was a tight fit getting all the wiring back in but I managed to do it.
I have 2-gangs all over my house. What are some good affordable options?
Apr 13, 2004
364 posts
327 upvotes
York Region, Ontario
I have a few of these. The Kasa app is extremely buggy. I set an auto off timer and it just refused to work. Then I made an auto off timer in Smart Things and it worked like a charm.
Sep 26, 2015
68 posts
44 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Given that these don't have dimmer functionality, what are some use cases for these switches?
I'm considering getting them to automatically turn my outside lights on at sunset and turn them on at sunrise (if that is possible).
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3136 posts
1835 upvotes
I actually have a 5 gang. 4 are these and one is a decora standard.

Unfortunately I tacked on an extra gang box without really thinking.. the 5 gang decora plate won't fit quite right. I have to take it all apart and put in a proper 5 gang box.. which is going to be super annoying!

But it can be done. If it's a new build, spring for deep boxes if you can when using more than one. Heck.. even in a new build I would always add deep boxes for these, so much easier with the extra room!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3136 posts
1835 upvotes
Doyvidlah wrote: Given that these don't have dimmer functionality, what are some use cases for these switches?
I'm considering getting them to automatically turn my outside lights on at sunset and turn them on at sunrise (if that is possible).
I actually have every single light in my house on Kasa switches now.

We have a newborn so hands free lights is amazing. Laundry room was important as often hands full. Outside lights also. Bedrooms.. so if you are reading and are falling asleep, don't need to get up to turn off.

My family room in basement is also a theatre. I have multiple rows of lights depending on use of room. So I can group them all to a name and turn on at once.

Same thing with my kitchen. 3 sets of lights that I can turn on with one command.

Light switches that power an outlet are great. So if you have a lamp hanging in corner or something you don't need to switch it off.

I haven't messed with any special setups for timers or sensors. Hands free alone was well worth it.
Sep 26, 2015
68 posts
44 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
uklamen wrote: I actually have every single light in my house on Kasa switches now.

We have a newborn so hands free lights is amazing. Laundry room was important as often hands full. Outside lights also. Bedrooms.. so if you are reading and are falling asleep, don't need to get up to turn off.

My family room in basement is also a theatre. I have multiple rows of lights depending on use of room. So I can group them all to a name and turn on at once.

Same thing with my kitchen. 3 sets of lights that I can turn on with one command.

Light switches that power an outlet are great. So if you have a lamp hanging in corner or something you don't need to switch it off.

I haven't messed with any special setups for timers or sensors. Hands free alone was well worth it.
That's awesome, you've convinced me to order a set!
When you mentioned "hands free lights", do you mean using voice commands such as google/alexa to turn the lights on/off?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)