[Amazon.ca] KASA Smart Outdoor Plug (TP-Link) $27.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2020 1:26 pm
Dec 25, 2006
516 posts
405 upvotes
Ottawa
Anikiri wrote: Deal is back at seller $27.99 LOL
I'm seeing delivery between Friday, Aug. 14 - Friday, Sept. 4. Is that what everyone got who purchased earlier?
Jun 4, 2011
21 posts
Toronto
What kind of monitor you using for your home automation ?
Lush78 wrote: Yes, I have two extension cords from mine. One for our SUV and another for wife's car. I have them programmed for specific non overlapping times based on our schedules. I can even manually turn on/off either using actiontiles/Smartthings tablet mounted by front door.
Jun 28, 2006
265 posts
37 upvotes
Vaughan
BE CAREFUL BUYERS!
Updated stock it's coming from a Seller that has terrible reviews.
While it may be backed by Amazon's purchase protection policies, expect them to have your money tired up for weeks before your raise a dispute.
Last edited by mattchew008 on Jun 23rd, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9384 posts
8275 upvotes
Markham
marksmithy69 wrote: I'm seeing delivery between Friday, Aug. 14 - Friday, Sept. 4. Is that what everyone got who purchased earlier?
I got no idea, I orderd through Amazon for delivery June 30.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
1033 posts
838 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
marksmithy69 wrote: I'm seeing delivery between Friday, Aug. 14 - Friday, Sept. 4. Is that what everyone got who purchased earlier?
This was the vendor from the original post, but I wouldn't trust that vendor given their very low rating. However, Amazon also has a sale price on this item for a few dollars more ($29.99). You just have to refresh the page every so often to see if it is back in stock.
mattchew008 wrote: BE CAREFUL BUYERS!
Seller has a terrible review.
While it may be backed by Amazon's purchase protection policies, expect them to have your money tired up for weeks before your raise a dispute.
Yes, better to wait to see if Amazon's own stock (at $29.99) comes back, which it has been doing every few hours.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3257 posts
3193 upvotes
Alberta
trusharp78 wrote: What kind of monitor you using for your home automation ?
ActionTiles for Smartthings running on a nexus 10 for my front door panel, 2nd Gen Nexus 7 mounted in bedroom.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5912 posts
5129 upvotes
mattchew008 wrote: BE CAREFUL BUYERS!
Updated stock it's coming from a Seller that has terrible reviews.
That's what this OP started as.

I ordered from the seller from China and from Amazon, I got shipped notification from the seller from China before Amazon.

I'm not worried about having $27.99 tied up, not to mention if there's any issues Amazon will more than likely side with me considering their policy and to maintain our relationship and if not I'll go to Amex.

And since Amazon is shipping theirs via CP I can totally see the one from China somehow making it here quicker /s
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2495 posts
1137 upvotes
Surrey
There is no stock from Amazon.ca
Sep 7, 2014
594 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
Gtaphotog wrote: That's what this OP started as.

I ordered from the seller from China and from Amazon, I got shipped notification from the seller from China before Amazon.

I'm not worried about having $27.99 tied up, not to mention if there's any issues Amazon will more than likely side with me considering their policy and to maintain our relationship and if not I'll go to Amex.

And since Amazon is shipping theirs via CP I can totally see the one from China somehow making it here quicker /s
Nothing beats Amazon protection and they stand by their buyers.
Dec 7, 2005
258 posts
51 upvotes
Pickering
Lush78 wrote: Yeah, I had a battery swell on an old Nexus phone mounted as an alarm clock before. That phone was replaced with the Nexus 7 in my bedroom a few years ago and was running 24/7 for a few years. When the nest hub was released, I installed two of those, one on each side of the bed.

These are older tablets, so I'm not too concerned about it and happy they are actually being used again and not stored away in the basement. That said, I will attempt to curb some unnecessary wear when away for long periods. Thank you.
Stick a Kasa plug where this is plugged in and set up a 30 min charge every day. That should allow the battery to drain and charge every day without being constantly charging. If 30 mins is too little or too much tweak as needed. No need to kill your battery and let them swell for the $20 an extra Kasa outlet costs !!!
Dec 25, 2006
516 posts
405 upvotes
Ottawa
I ended up just going with this one instead of waiting. Only a few dollars more, and it will be here tomorrow. I needed something sooner than later for my landscape lighting. I have a few Teckin smart plugs around the house, and they’ve been great. Never had an issue.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07KB1ZWL ... UTF8&psc=1
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3257 posts
3193 upvotes
Alberta
vinaymal wrote: Stick a Kasa plug where this is plugged in and set up a 30 min charge every day. That should allow the battery to drain and charge every day without being constantly charging. If 30 mins is too little or too much tweak as needed. No need to kill your battery and let them swell for the $20 an extra Kasa outlet costs !!!
That's a great idea. Thanks
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2116 posts
1010 upvotes
Markham
The KASA deal is expired but Dlink has a deal today on Amazon (june 24th) $29.99

Dlink Deal

I am not sure about their connectivity, it should be the same.
what i like about the D Link is that the plug to the wall has 90 degrees bend. I have a outlet box with lock outside my house and I don't think the Kasa one will fit, whereas this one will.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3257 posts
3193 upvotes
Alberta
vinaymal wrote: Stick a Kasa plug where this is plugged in and set up a 30 min charge every day. That should allow the battery to drain and charge every day without being constantly charging. If 30 mins is too little or too much tweak as needed. No need to kill your battery and let them swell for the $20 an extra Kasa outlet costs !!!
I wanted to thank you again. I've implemented your idea today and I'll start with hourly charges on adjusted frequencies. The nexus 10 was kinda notorious for battery charging time. With all the android devices over the years that I've mounted, I enable an option in the debug settings to keep the screen always on when charging. Under heavy use when programming/testing/running (in real time) ActionTiles, the nexus 10 was barely maintaining full battery with higher brightness, so I've made some adjustments, and I think i'll need to be more aggressive with the battery charging. I should be using this idea on the nexus 7 in my bedroom, but that device has spent around 5 years mounted already as an alarm clock before getting replaced by google hubs so it seems battle tested. This aging hardware will most likely soon be replaced. I'm pretty impressed with ActionTiles, and it's breathing new life into these older devices that work surprisingly well until they are sunsetted. I really like this idea for future hardware and possibly other always charging devices around here. I actually already had the same kasa plug setup for my dyson v11 as you can see on the actiontiles screen that I posted. Its set to charge the v11 for 4 hours (manufacturers charge time) and then turn off. Its triggered by voice command through google home, and now on actiontiles panel, so I only use the charger when the battery is low and not after every small use.