2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt
2009 - Wonder Bread Watch
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1540 posts
585 upvotes
Center of the univer…
Lush78 wrote: I only use the cords during winter months.

I have too much home automation to list. Fully automated using Smartthings system and sensors in every room. Using mostly hue (around 100 devices, 2 hubs) tp link kasa (~25 devices) and many nest/Google hubs, cameras, thermostat, home, wifi, and protect. Chamberlain IQ garage door, August smart lock pro, several harmony remotes. Probably missing a few others. I think I have around 200 devices linked to my Smartthings hub.
wait... tplink kasa work with smartthings? ive been avoiding them in favour of zwave switches but if kasa works... i might use them as they are usually cheaper
Dec 9, 2001
310 posts
65 upvotes
Oakville (Greater To…
vinaymal wrote: Stick a Kasa plug where this is plugged in and set up a 30 min charge every day. That should allow the battery to drain and charge every day without being constantly charging. If 30 mins is too little or too much tweak as needed. No need to kill your battery and let them swell for the $20 an extra Kasa outlet costs !!!
Lush78 wrote: I wanted to thank you again. I've implemented your idea today and I'll start with hourly charges on adjusted frequencies. ...
Great idea. I need to implement the same.
It might be worth noting that battery life is best preserved if Li-ion batteries are only charged to 80% (and only discharging to 50-60%). This is often done on satellites and the space station as changing batteries is not an easy option. Another suggestion is to fully charge only just before unplugging and going out.

More info here:
https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/art ... _batteries
Dec 25, 2006
510 posts
394 upvotes
Ottawa
marksmithy69 wrote: I ended up just going with this one instead of waiting. Only a few dollars more, and it will be here tomorrow. I needed something sooner than later for my landscape lighting. I have a few Teckin smart plugs around the house, and they’ve been great. Never had an issue.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07KB1ZWL ... UTF8&psc=1

I just set my Teckin up and it works beautifully. It is located outside, 70 feet from the back of my house. Works great with Alexa. I have it set up to control my landscape lighting, and even my bug zapper. Love it.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3235 posts
3114 upvotes
Alberta
awais wrote: wait... tplink kasa work with smartthings? ive been avoiding them in favour of zwave switches but if kasa works... i might use them as they are usually cheaper
Yeah, they work natively now. They worked great before using a device handler too.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
2073 posts
1042 upvotes
Toronto
Anikiri wrote: Back in stock
gosh it's the 3rd time i missed out the deal damn it.
Jun 11, 2009
113 posts
47 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: Yeah, they work natively now. They worked great before using a device handler too.
I have a couple of kasa Devices and I did order one of these, but as far as I know these do not work natively with smartthings (which I also use). They work through connecting the kasa app. This is a relay and I know some people do not care but if and when tplink stops supporting kasa app this integration could stop working. I love zwave and zigbee but I have accepted that these items may not work in the future and just accept this.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3235 posts
3114 upvotes
Alberta
Rob79 wrote: I have a couple of kasa Devices and I did order one of these, but as far as I know these do not work natively with smartthings (which I also use). They work through connecting the kasa app. This is a relay and I know some people do not care but if and when tplink stops supporting kasa app this integration could stop working. I love zwave and zigbee but I have accepted that these items may not work in the future and just accept this.
Officially supported...

https://community.smartthings.com/t/tp- ... ded/168198
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
1017 posts
825 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
The Amazon-sourced version at $29.99 is (as of this post) available again, although it is back-ordered to July 9. I just ordered one and the order went through.
Feb 21, 2007
51 posts
36 upvotes
Ottawa
tvisforme wrote: The Amazon-sourced version at $29.99 is (as of this post) available again, although it is back-ordered to July 9. I just ordered one and the order went through.
Been trying for the past couple of days to get one but never see it at 29.99$. Would somebody please provide a link? When I follow the link provided in the OP, I don't seem to get a plug sourced by Amazon.
Nov 16, 2015
548 posts
1002 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tvisforme wrote: The Amazon-sourced version at $29.99 is (as of this post) available again, although it is back-ordered to July 9. I just ordered one and the order went through.
I was able to pick one up. Looks like the amazon sourced one is OOS

Ships end of July. Should be here before I put up Xmas lights
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
2073 posts
1042 upvotes
Toronto
julienf wrote: Been trying for the past couple of days to get one but never see it at 29.99$. Would somebody please provide a link? When I follow the link provided in the OP, I don't seem to get a plug sourced by Amazon.
+1. same situation
Jan 14, 2014
82 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
Clear the filter when selecting a seller made it pop up for me