Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Kasa Smart Outdoor Smart Plug 33% off now $20; Plug Power Strip by TP-Link 25% off now $30

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2021 2:33 pm
[OP]
Jul 23, 2019
27 posts
31 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Kasa Smart Outdoor Smart Plug 33% off now $20; Plug Power Strip by TP-Link 25% off now $30

Have been using both of them, very good products, not sure whether you could get lower price.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07M6RS2LC/ref ... =UTF8&th=1
Images
  • 2021-08-05_9-09-28.jpg
  • 2021-08-05_9-09-10.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 5th, 2021 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
Thread Summary
Looking for an indoor model? RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best smart plugs!
23 replies
Apr 5, 2018
286 posts
270 upvotes
Looks like TP Link is selling a lot of its accessories. In time for Thanksgiving drop?

I mentioned this the last time this deal came up - I have the outdoor and I'm using it to powercycle my Modem and Router in sequence every morning. Works great.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5764 posts
2620 upvotes
Ottawa
I don’t want to buy tplink smart products anymore, my Asus ax86u router complains he can’t afford more than 10 Kasa products.
Oct 31, 2007
3494 posts
547 upvotes
In for one - thx OP seems like a good deal. Similar price to the non-smart ones CT/HD sells. Hope it works in the cold for plugging the car in.
Dec 22, 2007
96 posts
48 upvotes
I have this exact one and it works great. Even added to the SmartThings network and control from there. Takes a bit of patience adding it to the network but afterwards very straightforward setting up. I think I'll pick up another one. BTW, the outlet cover is loose, so don't lose it!
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14172 posts
5753 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm guessing Tplink is dumping their current line of smart home devices (dimmers, switches, plugs, bulbs, power bars, etc.) in preparation of greater Thread support that's coming down the pipe?

I've had good experience with their dimmers, wall switches, and smart plugs including this outdoor one. But I picked up two sets of smart RGB bulbs when they were on sale a couple weeks ago and I've been having connectivity issues with all 4 bulbs. Over time (usually overnight) they become non-responsive in the Kasa app and the only way I can fix it is to turn off the bulb manually and turn it back on so it reconnects to the wifi. I don't think it's a wifi issue because all my other tplink dimmers, switches and plugs are not disconnecting. Just the bulbs. Anyway off topic... Tplink products are generally very good but you do need good wifi coverage for all the devices to stay connected.
May 18, 2019
151 posts
63 upvotes
ON
i have been using outdoor plug and its good. price is good and working is also as expected.
Jul 20, 2003
915 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
Does Tplink powerstrip allows you to reboot what ever plug, you have connected to it, using their software?
Oct 6, 2020
173 posts
107 upvotes
I used a Kasa KS100 outdoor on the condo balcony to power my Christmas lights the past Holiday season - worked great and survived. I had it covered up with plastic and placed below a table to prevent rain/snow from getting on it. But ya the outdoor version is more appropriate to use.
Oct 6, 2020
173 posts
107 upvotes
TP Link has a Kasa app that you add all Kasa devices to (to power up, down, or set a timer).
xjune9x wrote: Does Tplink powerstrip allows you to reboot what ever plug, you have connected to it, using their software?
[OP]
Jul 23, 2019
27 posts
31 upvotes
No, it cannot work like the dock ---such as turn on or off the PC.
Jul 20, 2003
915 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
It would be convenient if it had the ability to reboot devices connected it. I was looking forward to it in buying it. I wanted my modem connected to it and have that reboot ability. I wonder if there are any of these wifi power plug that has the capability to do it.
Last edited by xjune9x on Aug 5th, 2021 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14172 posts
5753 upvotes
Toronto, ON
xjune9x wrote: Does Tplink powerstrip allows you to reboot what ever plug, you have connected to it, using their software?
If the powerstrip works the same way as the outdoor smart plugs, then each outlet will show up individually in the Kasa app, allowing you to control individual plugs on the power strip.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14172 posts
5753 upvotes
Toronto, ON
xjune9x wrote: It would be convenient if it had the ability to reboot devices connected it. I was looking forward to it in buying it. I wanted my modem connected to it and have that reboot ability. I wonder if there are any of these wifi power plug that has the capability to do it.
It does. By reboot, you just mean the plug turns off, then turns back on, right? I'm pretty sure you can automate that in the Kasa app. For sure you can do it if you have the device integrated into SmartThings/HA/Homebridge...
Jul 20, 2003
915 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote: It does. By reboot, you just mean the plug turns off, then turns back on, right? I'm pretty sure you can automate that in the Kasa app. For sure you can do it if you have the device integrated into SmartThings/HA/Homebridge...
turning off/on is only set by schedule right? Once you turn it off manually, you can't manually turn it back on using the phone software, if i'm targeting my modem to turn off, right?
Last edited by xjune9x on Aug 5th, 2021 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 13, 2009
747 posts
256 upvotes
I bought it two weeks ago and it was $1 cheaper. It works great so far.

Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1751 posts
214 upvotes
GVR
rvs007 wrote: I'm guessing Tplink is dumping their current line of smart home devices (dimmers, switches, plugs, bulbs, power bars, etc.) in preparation of greater Thread support that's coming down the pipe?

I've had good experience with their dimmers, wall switches, and smart plugs including this outdoor one. But I picked up two sets of smart RGB bulbs when they were on sale a couple weeks ago and I've been having connectivity issues with all 4 bulbs. Over time (usually overnight) they become non-responsive in the Kasa app and the only way I can fix it is to turn off the bulb manually and turn it back on so it reconnects to the wifi. I don't think it's a wifi issue because all my other tplink dimmers, switches and plugs are not disconnecting. Just the bulbs. Anyway off topic... Tplink products are generally very good but you do need good wifi coverage for all the devices to stay connected.
The bulbs have connectivity issues and if you use the auto "circadian" mode they will stop responding to google/home and alexa.
Aug 29, 2011
127 posts
100 upvotes
Ontario
sonyHdr12 wrote: I don’t want to buy tplink smart products anymore, my Asus ax86u router complains he can’t afford more than 10 Kasa products.
Is this quad core 1.8ghz router having trouble handling more than 10 kasa products?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7213 posts
7148 upvotes
sonyHdr12 wrote: I don’t want to buy tplink smart products anymore, my Asus ax86u router complains he can’t afford more than 10 Kasa products.
I don't understand what that means.

If your router can't connect to more than 10 devices it should be put in the bin.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5764 posts
2620 upvotes
Ottawa
duren11 wrote: Is this quad core 1.8ghz router having trouble handling more than 10 kasa products?
Those are just small part of my smart home products