Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Kasa Smart Outdoor Smart Plug 33% off now $20; Plug Power Strip by TP-Link 25% off now $30

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2021 2:33 pm
Apr 5, 2018
314 posts
303 upvotes
xjune9x wrote: turning off/on is only set by schedule right? Once you turn it off manually, you can't manually turn it back on using the phone software, if i'm targeting my modem to turn off, right?
Yes - it works for me that way. I think the schedule is probably programmed into the device - so via the app if the schedule is set it to turn off at 3.00am in the morning and then turn on at 3.01am - that works. And its technically a reboot.
But from the app - if you manually turn it off and then try to turn it on - that will not work because it has lost connectivity.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
1224 posts
743 upvotes
GTA
xjune9x wrote: turning off/on is only set by schedule right? Once you turn it off manually, you can't manually turn it back on using the phone software, if i'm targeting my modem to turn off, right?
You set the on/off schedule for the plug in the app and it is stored in the plug itself. it will turn on/off independent of your wifi connection. It works well for modems and routers in this fashion.
"Just because something is on sale doesn't mean a) you can afford it, b) you should buy it, c) you need it, d) you're not spending far more buying it than not buying it at all"
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20405 posts
4934 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
xjune9x wrote: It would be convenient if it had the ability to reboot devices connected it. I was looking forward to it in buying it. I wanted my modem connected to it and have that reboot ability. I wonder if there are any of these wifi power plug that has the capability to do it.
You might be looking for something like this: 5Gstore Remote Power Switch - 2 Outlets - Remote Automation and Remote Rebooting - App Controlled

It has the ability to detect the loss of internet connection and then automatically power cycle, and many other control options. It is good for people who have a sketchy cable modem connection, etc. I used these before for business purposes and it is a godsend!
- casual gastronomist -