Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Kasa Smart Outdoor Smart Plug by TP-Link (KP400) - 2 Sockets, IP64 Waterproof, Works with Alexa and Google [$19.99]

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2021 3:13 pm
[OP]
Mar 2, 2006
473 posts
285 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Kasa Smart Outdoor Smart Plug by TP-Link (KP400) - 2 Sockets, IP64 Waterproof, Works with Alexa and Google [$19.99]

According to CCC it's only been lower once before at $18.99.

Features:
- 2 smart outdoor outlets: Double the outlets control 2 outdoor devices from anywhere together or individually, with one smart plug; Ideal for landscape lighting, swimming pool pumps, holiday lights, or other appliances

- Weather resistant and IP64 rated, long WiFi range up to 300 feet

- Control from anywhere: Turn electronics on and off from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa app, whether you are at home, in the office or on vacation

- Voice control: Kasa smart outdoor outlets that work with Alexa and Google Home Assistant; Enjoy the hands-free convenience of controlling any outdoor devices with your voice via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant

- Scheduling: Schedule your plugs to turn on/off automatically at specified times or according to Sunrise/Sunset
TP-Link offers 2 year manufacturer warranty and free technical support

Also manual control of the outlets on the switch as well.
Thread Summary
If you're shopping around, take a look at RFD Reviews' list of the best smart plugs!
27 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11799 posts
3163 upvotes
Don't think they carry them throughout the year yet but if you're thinking of getting them now and using at Christmas, Costco sells a 2 pack of something similar, works great with smart life app, for $23 I think
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Mar 23, 2017
328 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
I got one of these for Christmas lights, pretty handy and easy to set on schedule.
Nov 23, 2004
909 posts
1608 upvotes
Ontario
engineered wrote: How about this 2 pack for $33? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B08GC3C1N6

Or this one for $14? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B08G46G8Z6
When these mystery Amazon chinese brands disappear into the abyss in a year, you won't regret spending a little extra on the name-brand Kasa which will have better support, updates, customer support, etc. Plus, Amazon chinese electrical products rarely carry proper electrical safety authority certifications, which makes me extra uneasy when they're designed for outdoor usage (rain, snow, etc. contact).
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4408 posts
1947 upvotes
Parry Sound
Nice find. I'm patiently waiting for their new energy monitoring plug.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2010
1802 posts
505 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote: Nice find. I'm patiently waiting for their new energy monitoring plug.
Is that coming out soon? I really need an Outdoor Energy Monitoring plug
Dec 17, 2009
219 posts
65 upvotes
Question how can we control the 2 sockets individually...from the app ?
Aug 17, 2008
30 posts
39 upvotes
Kitchener
Absolute wrote: The TP-Link/Kasa ones integrate well into Hubitat, SmartThings, etc., for home automation / voice control. Been using them for years with their switches, plugs, etc.
Yup. I use mine with Hubitat and really appreciate that it can be controlled locally over wifi (no need to use Kasa servers, or the cloud in any way).

I highly recommend it.
Oct 15, 2020
99 posts
73 upvotes
Edmonton
got this from the last time it was posted on RFD, perfect for outdoor lighting and works will when my other kasa products, good buy :)
Mar 8, 2013
397 posts
885 upvotes
Toronto
Nitecrawller wrote: Question how can we control the 2 sockets individually...from the app ?
Each socket will be listed individually as a smart plug in the app that you can turn on / off, schedule, etc. The two will operate independently from each other. There are also two physical buttons on the plug itself to turn on / off each socket.

https://youtu.be/fs2eo537rc8?t=327
Last edited by Callister on May 26th, 2021 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 26, 2005
248 posts
36 upvotes
thx OP, just what i needed for my new outdoor lights.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17146 posts
19052 upvotes
Oakville
mindabsence wrote: When these mystery Amazon chinese brands disappear into the abyss in a year, you won't regret spending a little extra on the name-brand Kasa which will have better support, updates, customer support, etc. Plus, Amazon chinese electrical products rarely carry proper electrical safety authority certifications, which makes me extra uneasy when they're designed for outdoor usage (rain, snow, etc. contact).
Can't disagree with that.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.