Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Kasa Smart Outdoor Smart Plug by TP-Link (KP400) - 2 Sockets, IP64 Waterproof, Works with Alexa and Google [$19.99]

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2021 3:13 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17314 posts
19341 upvotes
Oakville
Callister wrote: Each socket will be listed individually as a smart plug in the app that you can turn on / off, schedule, etc. The two will operate independently from each other. There are also two physical buttons on the plug itself to turn on / off each socket.

https://youtu.be/fs2eo537rc8?t=327
That's a very nice feature. Bought 2.
Last edited by engineered on May 26th, 2021 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Selling 18x8 Winter Wheels/Tires 225/60R-18 for Audi Q5, A5, Mercedes, PM for info, lots of tread.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.ht ... 1589757439
Nov 1, 2006
42 posts
38 upvotes
Thanks OP, been waiting for these guys to go on sale
May 22, 2011
101 posts
7 upvotes
THORNHILL
I'd like to perform some energy monitoring/control for a 120V 15A dryer and washing machine. Would this suffice?
Nov 23, 2004
921 posts
1647 upvotes
Ontario
MisterEMan wrote: I'd like to perform some energy monitoring/control for a 120V 15A dryer and washing machine. Would this suffice?
The one in this thread doesn't do energy monitoring. Belkin Wemo has one that does 15A + energy monitoring, I use that one on my washing machine. I've mapped what usage looks like throughout the cycle to determine when to alert a "washing machine is done" push notification to my phone at the end of the load.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4422 posts
1967 upvotes
Parry Sound
mindabsence wrote: The one in this thread doesn't do energy monitoring. Belkin Wemo has one that does 15A + energy monitoring, I use that one on my washing machine. I've mapped what usage looks like throughout the cycle to determine when to alert a "washing machine is done" push notification to my phone at the end of the load.
Does the unit get hot when under load? I read some reviews of the new Kasa energy monitoring plug getting white hot.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17314 posts
19341 upvotes
Oakville
MayorOfToronto wrote: Does the unit get hot when under load? I read some reviews of the new Kasa energy monitoring plug getting white hot.
If it was white hot then it would be on fire.

Selling 18x8 Winter Wheels/Tires 225/60R-18 for Audi Q5, A5, Mercedes, PM for info, lots of tread.
Nov 23, 2004
921 posts
1647 upvotes
Ontario
MayorOfToronto wrote: Does the unit get hot when under load? I read some reviews of the new Kasa energy monitoring plug getting white hot.
Not that I've ever noticed, and it's doing many loads of laundry week-over-week for about 1.5 years now.

I find with electronics sometimes that someone on the internet says "it gets hot" and everyone freaks out, but I'd have to imagine it's performing well within intended limits. If not, we'd have likely seen recalls, new product revisions, etc. by now.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17314 posts
19341 upvotes
Oakville
mindabsence wrote: Not that I've ever noticed, and it's doing many loads of laundry week-over-week for about 1.5 years now.

I find with electronics sometimes that someone on the internet says "it gets hot" and everyone freaks out, but I'd have to imagine it's performing well within intended limits. If not, we'd have likely seen recalls, new product revisions, etc. by now.
Yea, the electronic plugs do get warm/hot, but not too hot to touch. Even GFCI plugs get warm.