1458 posts
8073 upvotes
MILTON
Now that’s a good deal
Oct 1, 2020
807 posts
1681 upvotes
Spiritualx wrote: Really? read my post again
This is the internet. Half of us don't know how to read, and the rest don't bother to.
Nov 26, 2018
199 posts
183 upvotes
Calgary
Not bad for buying outside of Costco otherwise this is on par, Costco has the same packs on sale for $9.99 every now and then
Sep 16, 2016
720 posts
888 upvotes
Maverick45 wrote: OOS
It says “temporarily oos” so it’s still available to order, just shipping might be delayed
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
10993 posts
4242 upvotes
Lostx403 wrote: Not bad for buying outside of Costco otherwise this is on par, Costco has the same packs on sale for $9.99 every now and then
If you don't like the Costco mix, this is better.
Nov 28, 2007
525 posts
221 upvotes
Etobicoke
I was going to order but then reading the reviews, looks like the 40 count can be a bit misleading. Each package inside counts as 2 bars, so there are only 20. Still a decent deal, but this actually turned me off a bit. Heck, I don't even eat breakfast, why am I looking at these? Damn RfD effect giving me that fomo!
Dec 14, 2019
80 posts
70 upvotes
Thanks op, I just ordered a box. Hopefully it comes back in stock soon.
Jul 25, 2010
702 posts
856 upvotes
Vancouver
tokihamai wrote: I was going to order but then reading the reviews, looks like the 40 count can be a bit misleading. Each package inside counts as 2 bars, so there are only 20. Still a decent deal, but this actually turned me off a bit. Heck, I don't even eat breakfast, why am I looking at these? Damn RfD effect giving me that fomo!
Yes exactly, the marketing is super misleading here. I was in the market for bars a couple weeks ago and say this package for $13 and thought "wow, for 40 bars?!"
Then I saw this is basically 4 of the normal packages (5 packets each where each packet has 2 pieces inside = 10 bars)
The normal packages are $3.77 each right now, so the equivalent cost if you were to buy it all separately is 3.77 x 4 = $15.08, so in the end you're saving $1.19, or 7.9%

I guess we should be thankful they don't try to market it as 80 bars b/c technically each "piece" in each packet breaks into 2
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
10741 posts
4741 upvotes
Mississauga
tokihamai wrote: I was going to order but then reading the reviews, looks like the 40 count can be a bit misleading. Each package inside counts as 2 bars, so there are only 20. Still a decent deal, but this actually turned me off a bit. Heck, I don't even eat breakfast, why am I looking at these? Damn RfD effect giving me that fomo!
DrAcX wrote: Yes exactly, the marketing is super misleading here. I was in the market for bars a couple weeks ago and say this package for $13 and thought "wow, for 40 bars?!"
Then I saw this is basically 4 of the normal packages (5 packets each where each packet has 2 pieces inside = 10 bars)
The normal packages are $3.77 each right now, so the equivalent cost if you were to buy it all separately is 3.77 x 4 = $15.08, so in the end you're saving $1.19, or 7.9%

I guess we should be thankful they don't try to market it as 80 bars b/c technically each "piece" in each packet breaks into 2
Was going to point out the same thing. I had tried it one time and liked it, so when I saw at Costco 40 bars, I thought wow.

Then I bought it and realized it's actually only 20-packs.

Also, this Amazon packaging doesn't show the peanut free logo, whereas the one at Costco does, which matters for my household. I suppose it could be outdated photos being used.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2001
3088 posts
1267 upvotes
Toronto
EmpressLisaSu wrote: This is the internet. Half of us don't know how to read, and the rest don't bother to.
What about the other half?

;)
RFD OG 20+ years
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5018 posts
3194 upvotes
Does this create a giant mess or a chewy bar?

I hate the ones that explode in crumbs and birds come attacking from all over.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)