• May 23rd, 2020 3:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3528 posts
1597 upvotes
'Shwallywood

[Amazon.ca] Kayak Drain Plugs 2 pc $7.43

I've been looking for Kayak drain plugs to route a locking cable for my kayaks. Was surprised to find that these drain plugs sell for $7.43. It shows as $11.99 but there is a $4.20 and $0.36 discount applied at checkout, free ship with prime and no tax.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07MT6 ... W1E5&psc=1

Normally these cheap drain plugs are $7 each, so getting 2 for $7.43 is pretty decent.

I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
4 replies
Oct 13, 2017
613 posts
562 upvotes
I see this post and all I can think is that girl that got charged with murder in the US for supposedly removing the drain plugs on her fiancee's kayak and he drowned in the Hudson River. Everyone buy extra in case your partner is trying to kill you. lol As for the deal I have no idea if it's good or not. lol
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3528 posts
1597 upvotes
'Shwallywood
FallenAngel1978 wrote: I see this post and all I can think is that girl that got charged with murder in the US for supposedly removing the drain plugs on her fiancee's kayak and he drowned in the Hudson River. Everyone buy extra in case your partner is trying to kill you. lol As for the deal I have no idea if it's good or not. lol
That makes no sense. Sit on tops don't rely on scupper plugs to stay bouyant unless its over the weight capacity. Sit in's have their drain plugs at the top. that you flip to drain out.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Oct 13, 2017
613 posts
562 upvotes
nellium wrote: That makes no sense. Sit on tops don't rely on scupper plugs to stay bouyant unless its over the weight capacity. Sit in's have their drain plugs at the top. that you flip to drain out.
Yeah they did a test on 48 Hours and showed that even if you remove the drain plug it wasn't magically going to sink the boat. And they even said that on his kayak it was likely on the top. She ended up pleading guilty to criminally negligent homicide in the end. But now I see Kayak drain plugs and all I can think is that case.