Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Kettle Chips Jalapeno Chips, 220 Gram - $1.99 ($1.89 with S&S)

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2021 10:28 pm
[OP]
Banned
May 16, 2021
2 posts
18 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Kettle Chips Jalapeno Chips, 220 Gram - $1.99 ($1.89 with S&S)

Not an Add-On Item
Minimum order of 2
I predict it will sell out soon
Last edited by Mars2012 on May 21st, 2021 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link
19 replies
Apr 7, 2009
81 posts
587 upvotes
AJAX
Thanks. I had 5 items already for subscribe and save so it was $1.69 each for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2632 posts
2879 upvotes
Oakville
Pros:
- Standard sale price at grocery stores
- Free delivery so you don't need to go to the grocery store or wait for a sale

Cons:
- Only one flavor on sale
- Chips will arrive crushed
- You're causing a lot of unnecessary waste in terms of packaging and delivery

I've done the amazon chips route before and I probably would not do it again. I'm still stuck with a couple bags of gross lime tortilla chips that I'll try to unload this weekend.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2009
5396 posts
3658 upvotes
SkiLLz wrote: Pros:
- Standard sale price at grocery stores
- Free delivery so you don't need to go to the grocery store or wait for a sale

Cons:
- Only one flavor on sale
- Chips will arrive crushed
- You're causing a lot of unnecessary waste in terms of packaging and delivery

I've done the amazon chips route before and I probably would not do it again. I'm still stuck with a couple bags of gross lime tortilla chips that I'll try to unload this weekend.
Chips usually don't arrive crushed unless you order things like tins of soup with it but some people just can't figure out simple things like this. They will continue to do it time and time again and won't learn from their stupidity. I typically order 6 bags at a time, they usually ship them in a separate box by themselves and very seldom are they crushed. I buy probably 150 bags a year from Amazon.

"You're causing a lot of unnecessary waste in terms of packaging and delivery"
This has got me confused ... head scratcher.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2632 posts
2879 upvotes
Oakville
pootza wrote: Chips usually don't arrive crushed unless you order things like tins of soup with it but some people just can't figure out simple things like this. They will continue to do it time and time again and won't learn from their stupidity. I typically order 6 bags at a time, they usually ship them in a separate box by themselves and very seldom are they crushed. I buy probably 150 bags a year from Amazon.

"You're causing a lot of unnecessary waste in terms of packaging and delivery"
This has got me confused ... head scratcher.
What are you confused by with respect to the waste? Speaking from my own experience, the few times I’ve ordered chips I have felt guilty upon their arrival about wasting a large box, tape, packing paper, and delivery resources (gas, labour) to get my two $2 bags of chips. If you don’t care about that stuff that’s your prerogative, but I’m not sure what part of that is confusing.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2009
5396 posts
3658 upvotes
SkiLLz wrote: What are you confused by with respect to the waste? Speaking from my own experience, the few times I’ve ordered chips I have felt guilty upon their arrival about wasting a large box, tape, packing paper, and delivery resources (gas, labour) to get my two $2 bags of chips. If you don’t care about that stuff that’s your prerogative, but I’m not sure what part of that is confusing.
What's the difference between this and driving two miles in the mid of winter to buy a $2 bag of chips. Warm up the vehicle for 20 minutes, drive to the store, drive back ... who has the larger carbon footprint?
Aug 12, 2013
155 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto, ON
pootza wrote: What's the difference between this and driving two miles in the mid of winter to buy a $2 bag of chips. Warm up the vehicle for 20 minutes, drive to the store, drive back ... who has the larger carbon footprint?
Wait, who goes through all that effort for a bag of chips? In my day to day life, I usually grab chips if I'm already at the grocery store for essentials. Thus the carbon footprint for the extra chip bag is nil.
With Amazon, it's Amazon going out of their way to give you tons of chip bags as well as separate packaging, which has a large carbon footprint.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2009
5396 posts
3658 upvotes
billyea wrote: Wait, who goes through all that effort for a bag of chips? In my day to day life, I usually grab chips if I'm already at the grocery store for essentials. Thus the carbon footprint for the extra chip bag is nil.
With Amazon, it's Amazon going out of their way to give you tons of chip bags as well as separate packaging, which has a large carbon footprint.
I only used that example as to compare oranges to oranges with SkiLLz example.I doubt anyone does it but maybe SkiLLz does. And yet they have no problem in buying a Lavatools Javelin PRO Duo Ambidextrous Backlit Professional Digital Instant Read Meat Thermometer from amazon and having it shipped using probably the same amount of packaging. Hypocrisy at it's finest.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2632 posts
2879 upvotes
Oakville
pootza wrote: I only used that example as to compare oranges to oranges with SkiLLz example.I doubt anyone does it but maybe SkiLLz does. And yet they have no problem in buying a Lavatools Javelin PRO Duo Ambidextrous Backlit Professional Digital Instant Read Meat Thermometer from amazon and having it shipped using probably the same amount of packaging. Hypocrisy at it's finest.
I can’t buy a lava tools thermometer at RCSS not to mention the relative difference in packaging cost between a $40 thermometer and a $2 bag of chips. Your logic is absurd.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2013
1167 posts
1542 upvotes
Calgary
Who cares about your carbon footprint, in for 3 separate orders of 2 bags.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2009
5396 posts
3658 upvotes
SkiLLz wrote: I can’t buy a lava tools thermometer at RCSS not to mention the relative difference in packaging cost between a $40 thermometer and a $2 bag of chips. Your logic is absurd.
I can't buy a $2 bag of chips locally ... and price doesn't even have anything to do with it FFS. It's the same amount of packaging.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5746 posts
1452 upvotes
redblack wrote: Who cares about your carbon footprint, in for 3 separate orders of 2 bags.
Agreed.
I don't know about everyone else, but I do go on snack runs that aren't grocery runs... so it makes no difference to me whether it's me driving to buy chips or amazon delivering chips... and when I buy chips I buy multiple bags also. Its more convenient that amazon delivers it instead of me taking the time to drive out and line up. Also, I rather have amazon deliver to me than going out and possibly getting infected with covid (or bring it back for other family members).
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1608 posts
1191 upvotes
billyea wrote: Wait, who goes through all that effort for a bag of chips? In my day to day life, I usually grab chips if I'm already at the grocery store for essentials. Thus the carbon footprint for the extra chip bag is nil.
Amazon delivers hundreds of packages in one area at a time
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2718 posts
2183 upvotes
TruE SkiLLS wrote: Agreed.
I don't know about everyone else, but I do go on snack runs that aren't grocery runs... so it makes no difference to me whether it's me driving to buy chips or amazon delivering chips... and when I buy chips I buy multiple bags also. Its more convenient that amazon delivers it instead of me taking the time to drive out and line up. Also, I rather have amazon deliver to me than going out and possibly getting infected with covid (or bring it back for other family members).
Ya who give a damn about Carbon footprint bs, I'm more concerned about interacting with humans who have an actual disease instead.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9094 posts
5054 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Well, it sounds like you do not buy chips at their lowest price.
You probably just pay whatever when you want it.
Unfortunately, it does not work like this for the rest of us. We only buy when it is on sale. We care about the price than the brand and favor.
For me, I just cannot afford to pay more than I need to for snacks.
oicthat2013 wrote: price match freshco's price at no frills and rcss
Great! I am going to get a bag of doritos.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Dec 3, 2007
910 posts
766 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
How do you hide threads again? Jeezus, this was painful
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2007
2450 posts
1564 upvotes
Why is Amazon charging me GST in BC? What did I miss?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)