• May 17th, 2019 10:02 pm
[OP]
Aug 10, 2006
990 posts
402 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Kicking Horse Coffee: $22 (1kg) or $10 (1lb) Whole Beans

Seems decent price for good coffee imo.

Various blends in the 1KG, a few below.. Subscribe to make it as low as 20.90

Kicking Horse Coffee 1 lb - $10 or $9.50 SS(thanks to poster.. same pricing per pound, if you prefer smaller bags in some flavours).
  • Cliff Hanger Espresso - Medium Roast
  • Grizzly Claw - Dark Roast
  • Kick Ass - Dark Roast
  • Hola - Light Roast
  • Horse Power - Dark Roast - $11.47
Last edited by wakka2u on Apr 27th, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
73 replies
Apr 18, 2019
48 posts
64 upvotes
Montreal
People will buy anything that's hyped up. It used to be how you made it that mattered. Now they sell coffee more expensive than prime AAA ribs. The ones at Costco for 14-16$ taste and smell amazing
Aug 7, 2005
774 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
Leshaundon wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 9:18 pm
People will buy anything that's hyped up. It used to be how you made it that mattered. Now they sell coffee more expensive than prime AAA ribs. The ones at Costco for 14-16$ taste and smell amazing
Which ones at Costco are you referring to?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
1357 posts
15 upvotes
Leshaundon wrote:
What coffee do you recommend from Costco? I like the Kickass Smart Ass and Hola (Medium and Light blend) but can't find anything better then that at Costco...
Oct 24, 2011
480 posts
253 upvotes
SURREY
Leshaundon wrote:
Disagree. Haven’t found anything at Costco that has any decent flavour (I French press or Chemex only). Kicking Horse is my favourite daily brand. Lots of different options that I don’t get bored. Glad I don’t have a Stumptown close by or I’d be in trouble.
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
Sep 12, 2004
213 posts
56 upvotes
Burnaby
Saltspring Westcoast blend is awesome.
Apr 8, 2017
488 posts
305 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
AnujS699 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 12:54 am
To answer the Costco question, this is by far the best coffee at Costco.

https://www.costco.ca/Zavida®---Organic ... 31489.html

Was 27.99 a month or so ago. I'm also a kicking horse fan and a daily French presser, but Zavida Organica is one of my favorites.

We usually get this one

https://www.costco.ca/Kirkland-Signatur ... 66490.html

But maybe i'll try that one out for a change. Generally kicking horse is my favorite, but always open to new stuff!
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Aug 29, 2012
31 posts
138 upvotes
Ottawa
1 lb bags of whole bean were on sale last week for $8.80 (around that) at Metro. Before that in RCSS for $9.80 (around that).

Don't think it's that great of a deal tbh.
Jan 9, 2014
402 posts
291 upvotes
Regina
OutsideYourWorld wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 1:18 am
We usually get this one

https://www.costco.ca/Kirkland-Signatur ... 66490.html

But maybe i'll try that one out for a change. Generally kicking horse is my favorite, but always open to new stuff!
That's literally just the Kirkland version of the Starbucks house blend... which isn't terrible, but there's definitely better options out there. Costco also had a Starbucks winter blend which was half decent, but was no Zavida...

Next on my list to try is those Death Wish Coffees on Amazon Smiling Face With Horns
Apr 8, 2017
488 posts
305 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
AnujS699 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 1:33 am
That's literally just the Kirkland version of the Starbucks house blend... which isn't terrible, but there's definitely better options out there. Costco also had a Starbucks winter blend which was half decent, but was no Zavida...

Next on my list to try is those Death Wish Coffees on Amazon Smiling Face With Horns
Better at that same price and amount? If so, do tell.

Yea death wish is on my list, as well.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Mar 7, 2011
23 posts
14 upvotes
Ottawa
I wouldn't call it a great deal.
Kicking horse 1lb was for 8.88 last week at Metro. That was a great deal.

Kicking horse makes the best decaf coffee. Most decaf coffee tastes either like crap or like water, but not kicking horse
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3332 posts
79 upvotes
Here's my current list of whole coffee bean ratings.

Just to note, I grind my own beans and use a French press.
I like a medium-dark roast that is more on the earthy side. I hate fruity, sweet or sourish tones coffee.

1st: Kicking Horse Three Sisters
2nd: Zavida Organica (Daily drink, cheaper than KH)
3rd: Kirkland House Blend (Just ok, probably won't buy again)
4th: Kicking Horse Grizzly Claw (A bit too dark)
4th: Zavida Medium Roast from Costco (will never buy again - had to return at Costco)
The RFD Doctrine -
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
UrbanPoet: Automatic 1-Star thread starter.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
May 28, 2006
742 posts
465 upvotes
ty666666 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 1:39 am
I wouldn't call it a great deal.
Kicking horse 1lb was for 8.88 last week at Metro. That was a great deal.

Kicking horse makes the best decaf coffee. Most decaf coffee tastes either like crap or like water, but not kicking horse
Yeah there is something about the decaf (which is what I turned to last year) that makes it taste better than other brands. More coffee .. ey than others.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3803 posts
982 upvotes
Vancouver
alym wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 1:04 am
Saltspring Westcoast blend is awesome.
Not one of my top 10. I've bought this at Costco and also bought smaller packages of various other Salt Spring roasts via London Drugs and found them not to my liking but I am older and I know my taste buds are not what they used to be.

For my morning coffee I do occasionally buy the medium-dark "Lush" roast from Ethical Bean which I can usually find at Costco for about $17 on sale for a 2lb bag. I believe this is what is described as a low acidity smooth brew and not at all similar in taste to KHC KickAss, Grizzly, etc etc. I would compare it to my favourite morning coffee "Signature Blend" a medium-dark roast from Don Pablo Gourmet Coffee which I buy off of Amazon for about $19-20 per 2lb bag.

As for KHC, 454 Horse Power is my fave for late in the day or after dinner.

I always try to have a 3rd roast in my cupboard - something new which I find in my travels or in RFD coffee threads. Unfortunately I have never seen that Zavida coffee at the local Costco's - only that Hazelnut flavoured crap.

Death Wish coffee is also on my wish list

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)