Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Kicking Horse Coffee Whole Bean 1lb $9.99 ($8.49 S&S)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2020 9:21 pm
23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9810 posts
7606 upvotes
Kootenays
A great price for premium whole bean coffee! Please remember that every bean is fair trade , organic and roasted in Invermere, BC. It's a terrific company to work for, having won "Best place to work in Canada; 100-1,000 employees". They treat and pay their staff extremely well and will give every employee an extra week of paid vacation next week as a reward for working so hard during the pandemic. Companies like this should be rewarded and others can learn from them.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4993 posts
1515 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Anyone know the rough roast dates? Wondering if I should stock up and how much...
"Buy now, think later. This is the way."
Aug 9, 2014
174 posts
297 upvotes
Oakville
Man.. no decaf again... waiting for decaf. Unamused Face
Apr 18, 2017
805 posts
1668 upvotes
enwhyRFD wrote: Anyone know the rough roast dates? Wondering if I should stock up and how much...
Likely 1-3 months old. At least my experience.

I don't find their coffee that great, but kudos to them for taking care of their employees.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4993 posts
1515 upvotes
Richmond Hill
User131439 wrote: Likely 1-3 months old. At least my experience.

I don't find their coffee that great, but kudos to them for taking care of their employees.
I don't like Lavazza beans. Like Starbucks. Got a few Ethicals to try from last sale. Contemplating trying kicking horse...
"Buy now, think later. This is the way."
Banned
Apr 21, 2020
7 posts
1 upvote
This coffee tastes great and the decaf allows me to go to sleep at night without tossing and turning.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7917 posts
1693 upvotes
Toronto
The last bag I bought from Kicking Horse (3 Sisters) for some reason this time, tasted burnt. Might try another bag to see if it was just a one off, as I've always loved it.

On a side note, for anyone wanting variety, I noticed Fortino's has Balzac coffee on sale for $11.99 for 12oz bag. Good alternative that's also local based.
Nov 28, 2009
747 posts
719 upvotes
Pickering
Thanks, perfect timing I just finished my last bag of Grizley Claw today! Did a subscribe and save because this is our daily go to coffee and one bag lasted exactly one month between me, and the wife. Only saved 50 cents with S&S came to 9.49.
Oct 27, 2014
559 posts
1076 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Has any tried using their non-espresso beans in semi-automatic espresso machines? Heard good things about Grizzly Claw, but worried it might be sour as espresso shots.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2011
1317 posts
1179 upvotes
SURREY
I keep trying other brands at this price points and nothing is as good as Kicking Horse. I’d love to be able to afford Stumptown on a regular basis but this is 1/3 to a quarter of the price.
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
Sep 9, 2003
508 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver
trixR4kids wrote: The last bag I bought from Kicking Horse (3 Sisters) for some reason this time, tasted burnt. Might try another bag to see if it was just a one off, as I've always loved it.
Same here. Re-read the label, 3 Sisters is actually a multi-roast blend so we may have got hit with a batch with a higher dark roast ratio.
Have you tried any of their other medium roasts to the same effect?
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1241 posts
983 upvotes
Toronto
Tsuioku wrote: Same here. Re-read the label, 3 Sisters is actually a multi-roast blend so we may have got hit with a batch with a higher dark roast ratio.
We alternate between Three Sisters and Smart Ass. They’re pretty similar in flavor ...
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2544 posts
1305 upvotes
Hmm. Three Sisters is 10.99 this time.
PSN: Sakaban
Dec 28, 2005
592 posts
164 upvotes
Near VanCity
Thanks OP! Picked up a couple of packages of Half Ass.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6328 posts
6691 upvotes
Toronto
Perpetual sales on this and overall notable (to me) drop in quality in last 12 mo across a few roasts I regularly bought.

I've moved on to other brands since these guys seem to have gone the cheap-ass route and cut corners.
Si Tacuisses, Philosophus Mansisses
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7917 posts
1693 upvotes
Toronto
Tsuioku wrote: Same here. Re-read the label, 3 Sisters is actually a multi-roast blend so we may have got hit with a batch with a higher dark roast ratio.
I have but always went back to 3 sisters as my fave. It was just this one batch that felt more like a dark roast rather than the usual medium.
I guess there isn't a way to find out if the package I'm picking up is the one with higher dark roast ratio?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)