Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Kicking Horse Coffee Whole Bean 1lb $9.99 ($8.49 S&S)

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2020 8:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2014
1218 posts
1021 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] Kicking Horse Coffee Whole Bean 1lb $9.99 ($8.49 S&S)

Your bi-weekly Kicking Horse alert.

Various kinds on sale again for $9.99 or $8.49 with Subscribe & Save. Decaf still out of stock.

Also $9.99 at Loblaws this week in Ontario.

EDIT: Decaf back in stock. Loblaws sale over but now on sale at Fortinos and Metro in Ontario.
Last edited by sn00ch on Sep 25th, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
51 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4205 posts
2100 upvotes
Milton, ON.
This is not a deal anymore. This more like weekly occurrence at various retailers.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2015
2090 posts
1823 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Still a deal if you can subscribe 5 items and get the 15% discount
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2014
1218 posts
1021 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cRaZyRaVr wrote: This is not a deal anymore. This more like weekly occurrence at various retailers.
Yeah, debated whether it's worth posting anymore. One downvote...so far.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1441 posts
891 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
Smartchen wrote: Still a deal if you can subscribe 5 items and get the 15% discount
Subscribe and save is not a thing anymore. You can get 15% off only after the second month of the subscription. Now, 5% with the first month.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 28, 2009
690 posts
651 upvotes
Pickering
The problem with purchasing Kicking Horse beans is there is no roast date. Half of the time you will get stale beans. Even though its a good price if you may have to drink stale coffee until the bag is done, and who wants to do that? I purchased from amazon before, first bag was good but second same bag was terrible. Purchase if you like playing roulette with your coffee beans :P
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2015
2090 posts
1823 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RougeJeff wrote: Subscribe and save is not a thing anymore. You can get 15% off only after the second month of the subscription. Now, 5% with the first month.
They obviously just changed this lately?
I only noticed Amazon put up to 10% subscrib&save discount for pet foods and supplies since like last month
Sr. Member
Nov 4, 2012
694 posts
210 upvotes
I bought this last month for the same price. The coffee beans seem ok. I glad I'm not a heavy coffee drinker, I drink it twice/week
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
2239 posts
2093 upvotes
Toronto
RougeJeff wrote: Subscribe and save is not a thing anymore. You can get 15% off only after the second month of the subscription. Now, 5% with the first month.
Smartchen wrote: They obviously just changed this lately?
I only noticed Amazon put up to 10% subscrib&save discount for pet foods and supplies since like last month
Nah, still the same, you just need to set with your other subscriptions.
Images
  • Screenshot 2020-09-17 at 15.43.09.png
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 23, 2014
1613 posts
1002 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I just bought a package yesterday for $10.99.
#Feelsbadman.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1441 posts
891 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
neonic wrote: Nah, still the same, you just need to set with your other subscriptions.
It didn't worked for me last month but i ordered cat food and supplements so maybe the rules are different for these products.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
4737 posts
1685 upvotes
Vancouver
So far of the approximately dozen bags of KH coffee I've ordered from Amazon over the last 2 years, all have been shipped with about 9 months left before reaching their "enjoy by date" printed on the back of the package. I assume that means a year after their packaging date.

Last week I bought a bag of Grizzly Paw last at a local store and it's "enjoy by" date is Jan 21, 2021. I was craving the taste and wanted a switch from the other dark roast I've been drinking for my daily morning coffee and they had knocked a few $$ off the full price but it was not as good as $9.99. Oh well..... :rolleyes:

.
Newbie
Jan 21, 2019
88 posts
71 upvotes
I've been pretty happy with $10 per pound Kicking Horse coffee (tried Kick Ass/Grizzly/Three Sisters), but can anyone recommend potentially better (subjective, I know) for the price or do I need to dip into the $18+ bags of coffee from specialty shops?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 18, 2005
20402 posts
4932 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Sievert wrote: I just bought a package yesterday for $10.99.
#Feelsbadman.
Watch PC Optimum and you can often get it in stores for $10.99 and 1800 PCO points.
- casual gastronomist -
Member
Aug 27, 2014
456 posts
216 upvotes
Any amazon-available beans that you guys recommend? I had heard a lot of hype about the Lavazza Super Crema, and I don't know if it's because the roasting date was 6 months ago but they are disappointing.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 4, 2004
4208 posts
1339 upvotes
Vancouver
LuxErus wrote: Any amazon-available beans that you guys recommend? I had heard a lot of hype about the Lavazza Super Crema, and I don't know if it's because the roasting date was 6 months ago but they are disappointing.
Maybe this will sound pretentious, or maybe it's because I'm from Vancouver where we only drink craft beer... But why not support your local roasters and local coffee shops? Most even have the roast date on the packages and the beans are usually as fresh as possible- far fresher than whatever Amazon is selling you.
Removed external link in signature.
Newbie
May 20, 2009
98 posts
19 upvotes
montreal
lhsonic wrote: Maybe this will sound pretentious, or maybe it's because I'm from Vancouver where we only drink craft beer... But why not support your local roasters and local coffee shops? Most even have the roast date on the packages and the beans are usually as fresh as possible- far fresher than whatever Amazon is selling you.
$9.99/lb?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 23, 2014
1613 posts
1002 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
lhsonic wrote: Maybe this will sound pretentious, or maybe it's because I'm from Vancouver where we only drink craft beer... But why not support your local roasters and local coffee shops? Most even have the roast date on the packages and the beans are usually as fresh as possible- far fresher than whatever Amazon is selling you.
I'm in Vancouver. Who do you recommend?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 4, 2004
4208 posts
1339 upvotes
Vancouver
milhouse7 wrote: $9.99/lb?
Obviously not. You're likely looking at closer to $16.99 all the way to maybe $25 for a 12oz bag (1lbs = 16oz).

And I get that maybe you can't taste your coffee being worth 50-150% more but you'd be supporting local businesses during tough times. It's great if you can afford to at this time. And perhaps RFD isn't the place to be posting about that since a lot of decisions here are purely value-driven. In exchange, you get fresher coffee roasted in smaller batches and much more variety to tickle all your tasting notes fancy.

Nothing against Kicking Horse, I think they're a great Canadian story but they were bought by Lavazza a few years back.
Sievert wrote: I'm in Vancouver. Who do you recommend?
I personally like Milano, but there's so many choices that I don't think it hurts to visit different shops to find your personal favourite! Lots of threads on Reddit too :)
Removed external link in signature.

Top