Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] KIND Bars Almond Sea Salt Dark Chocolate 12ct, Gluten Free, 40g - $9 or $7.65 (with S&S of 15% off) (Sold Out)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2018 6:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5649 posts
7007 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] KIND Bars Almond Sea Salt Dark Chocolate 12ct, Gluten Free, 40g - $9 or $7.65 (with S&S of 15% off) (Sold Out)

Update: It seems you can place multiple orders with a limit of 3 on each order. This is probably a glitch from Amazon ordering system. If you need more than 3, just go ahead and place multiple orders.

Limit 3 per account. With S&S of having 5 or more subscription, you get an additional 15% off.

NOTE : For some reason, this product charges tax while I don't normally charge tax for the CLIF bar. Does anyone know if you are being charged tax when you buy it from store?

5 G OF SUGAR PER 40 G BAR
GLUTEN FREE
VERY HIGH SOURCE OF FIBRE
NO GENETICALLY ENGINEERED INGREDIENTS
ingredients you can see and pronounce

Last edited by lcmt on Nov 23rd, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
29 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1800 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto
Tax should be charged on any "finished product".
If it was nuts and seeds and you made the bar yourself there'd be no tax.
Dunno why you don't pay for cliff bars, they probably have them miscategorized.

Looks like the 12 count is done, would have been a great deal.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5649 posts
7007 upvotes
As far as I know, it is not that simple. Anyways, I don't mind to pay tax as long as Amazon does it correctly. Amazon has a historic problem on charging tax for almost all grocery products in the past.
By the way, the 12 counts are still in stock.

52. Many bars on the market are labelled as energy bars or protein bars. These types of bars are generally taxable unless they qualify as meal replacements or nutritional supplements that meet the conditions set out in paragraph 160 of this memorandum

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency ... c155586113
dannyphones wrote: Tax should be charged on any "finished product".
If it was nuts and seeds and you made the bar yourself there'd be no tax.
Dunno why you don't pay for cliff bars, they probably have them miscategorized.

Looks like the 12 count is done, would have been a great deal.
Last edited by lcmt on Nov 23rd, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
1234 posts
1749 upvotes
These usually go for .99 on sale and pair it with $1 coupons, you just pay tax. $1 coupons are from smartsource. I've boxes of free KIND bars because of no tax day.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1800 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto
lcmt wrote: As far as I know, it is not that simple. Anyways, I don't mind to pay tax as long as Amazon does it correctly. Amazon has a historic problem on charging tax for almost all grocery products in the past

52. Many bars on the market are labelled as energy bars or protein bars. These types of bars are generally taxable unless they qualify as meal replacements or nutritional supplements that meet the conditions set out in paragraph 160 of this memorandum

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency ... c155586113
good to know!
Oct 1, 2009
132 posts
179 upvotes
Richmond Hill
12 count still available. Just got it. Thanks op
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5649 posts
7007 upvotes
You need S&S of 5 subscriptions to get an additional 15% discount. This product has a limit of 3 per account, so you can obtain 3 different subscriptions from this product.
bubs21 wrote: Shows 9.00$ for me
Mar 6, 2012
148 posts
88 upvotes
Montreal
Is there really a limit of 3 per account? I was able to place 2 orders of 3 units on S&S.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5649 posts
7007 upvotes
I just check. You can place multiple orders (but don't know the limit) with limit of 3 on each order. I believe this is a glitch from the ordering system. If you need more than 3, then go ahead and order multiple times. To me, 3 is enough. I will update my post in a moment.
Sebrondeau wrote: Is there really a limit of 3 per account? I was able to place 2 orders of 3 units on S&S.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7017 posts
2667 upvotes
Calgary
I see only 4-ct. for Almond Sea Salt Dark chocolate. Where is the 12-ct option?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1614 posts
355 upvotes
Vancouver
it doesn’t allow an account to purchase more than three boxes.
lcmt wrote: I just check. You can place multiple orders (but don't know the limit) with limit of 3 on each order. I believe this is a glitch from the ordering system. If you need more than 3, then go ahead and order multiple times. To me, 3 is enough. I will update my post in a moment.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1902 posts
1927 upvotes
Montreal
great, order placed
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7017 posts
2667 upvotes
Calgary
sandy_beach wrote: it doesn’t allow an account to purchase more than three boxes.
I ran into the same restriction buying Starbucks instant coffee. I even tried making two separate orders but the system detected my previous order and denied the second attempt.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5649 posts
7007 upvotes
Yes, you cannot S&S more than 3 per order, but you can place multiple S&S orders and each order has 3. This is the glitch. Normally, you cannot do this.
sandy_beach wrote: it doesn’t allow an account to purchase more than three boxes.
Last edited by lcmt on Nov 23rd, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5649 posts
7007 upvotes
Yes, this is usually the case, but I believe the glitch from the system for this product allow customers to place multiple orders exceeding the limit.
althetrainer wrote: I ran into the same restriction buying Starbucks instant coffee. I even tried making two separate orders but the system detected my previous order and denied the second attempt.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11937 posts
1863 upvotes
Vancouver
I’m lost. I tried different ways to get the max discount and I guess I’m not following.

Care to explain? :)

Thanks