Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Kindle Paperwhite - $105 (All time low)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2021 9:22 pm
Tags:
None
May 6, 2020
80 posts
688 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Kindle Paperwhite - $105 (All time low)

Kindle Paperwhite is on sale on Amazon.ca for $105. I believe this is the all time low, with the previous one being $115. Original price is $140.

Don't forget 1% cashback on Kindle devices through Rakuten.
57 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1569 posts
2871 upvotes
I own this Paperwhite (V4). It's longer overdue for a refresh, one thing it could use is USB-C and warm lighting. Otherwise, perfect to throw in my bag and read during breaks at work or whilst waiting for slightly more time than say 5 mins.

Highly recommend at $105, that's the previous prime day price IIRC.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2012
1296 posts
2041 upvotes
Terrebonne
Love my Kindle, well worth it.
Mar 7, 2011
703 posts
937 upvotes
Chilliwack, BC
yeah this kindle is great if you have a library of kindle books (or if you're willing to put in the work to get library books on it).

This one is getting old and might be due for a refresh, but then again there isn't much they can do to make it hugely better, especially at this price point. The higher end kindles are going to get the new fancy e-ink technologies first I suspect.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37130 upvotes
Great price.

Thank you.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1919 posts
562 upvotes
Calgary
Do these work with Overdrive or Libby?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1569 posts
2871 upvotes
fruitpunch.ben wrote: yeah this kindle is great if you have a library of kindle books (or if you're willing to put in the work to get library books on it).

This one is getting old and might be due for a refresh, but then again there isn't much they can do to make it hugely better, especially at this price point. The higher end kindles are going to get the new fancy e-ink technologies first I suspect.
other than Micro USB, I literally have one cable on my desk just for this now a days.

one word for organizing library too- Calibre.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2670 posts
2789 upvotes
Montreal, QC
the 32g one is on sale for $135 as well, extra $30 for 4x the storage may be worth to invest
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2107 posts
1719 upvotes
Vancouver
I think it was $104.99 on the 2019 Prime Day. I got mine then and love it. Just can't really figure out the price from my emails since they don't specify which discounts apply to what (if you purchase multiple sale items in one order).

Great price though, just wish it had a warm light as mentioned.
Jun 24, 2007
102 posts
62 upvotes
Should I get this or wait for a Kobo deal?
Mar 28, 2021
145 posts
305 upvotes
It's a great device, but that micro USB is such a pain in the ass. I have to keep a cable around just for my Kindle
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2626 posts
2586 upvotes
Vancouver
Kazushi wrote: I own this Paperwhite (V4). It's longer overdue for a refresh, one thing it could use is USB-C and warm lighting. Otherwise, perfect to throw in my bag and read during breaks at work or whilst waiting for slightly more time than say 5 mins.

I would LOVE usb-c charging. I am still using my v2 kindle waiting for a new one to come out
Sep 20, 2011
517 posts
2329 upvotes
Centre of the Univer…
Nuprapture wrote: Do these work with Overdrive or Libby?
Apparantly, not with OverDrive in Canada.
Sep 20, 2011
517 posts
2329 upvotes
Centre of the Univer…
chapanoid wrote: It's a great device, but that micro USB is such a pain in the ass. I have to keep a cable around just for my Kindle
I have one of these (https://www.ebay.ca/itm/224272320303) but with data transfer also. Around 5 of my devices has the adapter in it. So I can use the same cable for all the devices. Doesn't matter if it's USB-C or Micro USB.
Jul 30, 2011
626 posts
915 upvotes
Durham region
Alekxqin wrote: the 32g one is on sale for $135 as well, extra $30 for 4x the storage may be worth to invest
Ok. But these are ebooks. Each maybe 30mb or less. Are you loading it up with a library capable of post apocalypse rebuilding society to require 32gb?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
1170 posts
1166 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Kazushi wrote: I own this Paperwhite (V4). It's longer overdue for a refresh, one thing it could use is USB-C and warm lighting. Otherwise, perfect to throw in my bag and read during breaks at work or whilst waiting for slightly more time than say 5 mins.

It's long overdue on the refresh cycle. Wondering if this is the blowout sale before they introduce the new one.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1878 posts
1030 upvotes
Love it, especially reading at night in the dark.
Nov 21, 2012
456 posts
277 upvotes
GVRD
I'd love to get a kindle for my kids at this price range but have to pass reluctantly considering that they borrow all the e-books from the library. Sigh...