Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Kindle Paperwhite $114.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2021 11:55 am
9 replies
Jan 30, 2012
226 posts
299 upvotes
I think I paid roughly $105 + tax a few months ago during the Prime Days deals. Not a bad discount if you really want one.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
nowitzki41 wrote: I think I paid roughly $105 + tax a few months ago during the Prime Days deals. Not a bad discount if you really want one.
This is about as low as it gets outside of prime days/BF/BD. So anybody wanting more of a discount will have a bit of a wait.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3741 posts
3508 upvotes
Thanks for this, OP! Saw the USA site was having a sale and was hoping we'd get one before vday.
Nov 29, 2018
6 posts
7 upvotes
I can't use any other e-reader after getting a Kobo Forma. My sister loves her paperwhite though. Great size if you like smaller ones
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1128 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto, On
BMANN2 wrote: I can't use any other e-reader after getting a Kobo Forma. My sister loves her paperwhite though. Great size if you like smaller ones
yeah I'm looking forward to graduating to the Forma one day but I dig my paperwhite so far. got it a few sales ago at this price and while I have my issues with it, overall it gets a strong thumbs up from me.
Feb 24, 2018
967 posts
687 upvotes
spuriousrecollection wrote: This or Kobo Clara HD?
Kobo Clara (IF IT EVER GOES ON SALE FOR $120 AGAIN COME ON KOBO WTF).

You can just copy and paste ePub files which are easily downloadable online (meaning you can use it without a wifi connection which equals even better battery), I think it has better built-in support for OverDrive libraries in Canada, it has that Comfort Light Pro built in which is a better feature and the main seller for me. Also slightly lighter which is nice (166 vs 191 grams so not a big difference but still).

I think you buy the Kindle if you need the waterproof feature, some people read in the tub or beaches.
Oct 27, 2016
19 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
spuriousrecollection wrote: This or Kobo Clara HD?
I recommend the Kobo! It works with overdrive so you can borrow books from your public library and you can load any epubs. If you plan to use it a lot I recommend looking into the Libra, it’s supposedly more ergonomic with the push buttons and is waterproof - but it’s less compact. I have a Clara from the $111 deal awhile ago and am thinking about upgrading just because of thumb cramping, lol. I use it exclusively at home so don’t benefit fully from the Clara’s compact size (better for those who take it on the go).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)