Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Kindle Paperwhite (8 GB) $109.99 ($39.99 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2022 8:24 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1320 posts
327 upvotes
Code didn’t work for me but CS offered a 30% refund after the Kindle is delivered.

Been eyeing this for awhile, thanks for the heads up OP!
"Portfolios are like a bar of soap. The more you touch it the smaller it gets" - Preet Banerjee
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1855 posts
1353 upvotes
Scavos wrote: What did you say and did you reach out via chat or phone? Agents keep giving me the run around.
I said I bought the device, but would rather buy the bundle. However, the code no longer worked for me. Since I already had the device, the CSR offered me a 30% off discount on the cover + power adapter, but this came out more expensive. He then offered my 30% off the discount, but after I mentioned it was more expensive than the price was "friend" paid by applying the code himself, he went to offer me 35% off.
Nov 3, 2021
117 posts
321 upvotes
Centre of the World
SilentShopper wrote: Does anyone know if we can use Libby on kindle?
ps3playa wrote: You can’t
Yes, that's correct. Unfortunately you can't directly use Libby and Overdrive services in Canada like Kindle users in the United States can.

However, there is a workaround as posted by @hwyone.
hwyone wrote: I have successfully used the following workaround to read e-books from my local library on the Kindle Paperwhite. Once you have it all set up, it's a fairly quick process.

https://markallen.io/toronto-library-kindle/
Aug 1, 2007
123 posts
58 upvotes
Montreal
Can someone with student prime buy it for me? Pm.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2021
117 posts
303 upvotes
adichek wrote: Can someone with student prime buy it for me? Pm.
Student prime deal has unfortunately ended, post has been edited to reflect.
Mar 14, 2018
574 posts
692 upvotes
qwedss wrote: I personally wouldn't buy an oasis at the moment, the model is really due for a refresh. It hasn't been updated in a few years and doesn't have USB-C. That being said if it's the model you want it's a good price for it.
Thank you for answering all my questions!
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
21894 posts
34473 upvotes
ONTARIO
If you're looking for the best deal, check out some of the other colour bundles available on that page.
The charcoal black, blue and red bundles are even cheaper at $246.97. Pretty good deal.

I bought my 8GB Oasis without the bundle for $254.99 back on Black Friday 2019. So almost $10 less now and you get 32GB storage + their nice leather case and charger included. Not bad at all.

Someone mentioned the possibility of a new Oasis coming out. I am not so sure. While I would love to hear there's a new one coming out, I feel like if there was, they would have mentioned it at the time they dropped the news about their new Kindle Scribe.

I love my Oasis (the dark mode + warm light combination is amazing in my opinion) and it has a really premium quality feel to it, but one thing I don't like about it is the battery life. No doubt you will get many many hours of use out of it in between charges, but for some reason it has a lower battery capacity than the cheaper Paperwhite models. That's always something that has bugged me. If I am paying a premium for the top of the line model, it should be better than the cheaper models in every aspect.
Mar 14, 2018
574 posts
692 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: If you're looking for the best deal, check out some of the other colour bundles available on that page.
The charcoal black, blue and red bundles are even cheaper at $246.97. Pretty good deal.

I bought my 8GB Oasis without the bundle for $254.99 back on Black Friday 2019. So almost $10 less now and you get 32GB storage + their nice leather case and charger included. Not bad at all.

Someone mentioned the possibility of a new Oasis coming out. I am not so sure. While I would love to hear there's a new one coming out, I feel like if there was, they would have mentioned it at the time they dropped the news about their new Kindle Scribe.

I love my Oasis (the dark mode + warm light combination is amazing in my opinion) and it has a really premium quality feel to it, but one thing I don't like about it is the battery life. No doubt you will get many many hours of use out of it in between charges, but for some reason it has a lower battery capacity than the cheaper Paperwhite models. That's always something that has bugged me. If I am paying a premium for the top of the line model, it should be better than the cheaper models in every aspect.
Thank you for your valuable input!
Feb 11, 2008
357 posts
130 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone having any delivery issues with this item? I ordered the Essentials Bundle on Monday, October 3 with an expected delivery in Montreal of next day and have still not received it. I've been back and forth to Amazon a couple of times and still get "delay due to external factors" excuse. I'm sure I'll get it eventually but never experienced this before !
May 14, 2020
15 posts
9 upvotes
Wonder why they removed sdcard expansion option
Dec 8, 2017
431 posts
1156 upvotes
QC
coffenk wrote: Anyone having any delivery issues with this item? I ordered the Essentials Bundle on Monday, October 3 with an expected delivery in Montreal of next day and have still not received it. I've been back and forth to Amazon a couple of times and still get "delay due to external factors" excuse. I'm sure I'll get it eventually but never experienced this before !
No delays here for the fabric case Essentials Bundle but they mentioned the same delays as I got it delivered to my local CP counter, on Montréal North Shore.
Ordered on the 3rd, and they first said it would be there by the 11th but ready for pickup on the 6th.

When did you receive it?
Nov 25, 2014
697 posts
778 upvotes
coffenk wrote: Anyone having any delivery issues with this item? I ordered the Essentials Bundle on Monday, October 3 with an expected delivery in Montreal of next day and have still not received it. I've been back and forth to Amazon a couple of times and still get "delay due to external factors" excuse. I'm sure I'll get it eventually but never experienced this before !
Who is delivering and what does the tracking say?
Feb 11, 2008
357 posts
130 upvotes
Montreal
OutOfSt0ck wrote: Who is delivering and what does the tracking say?
Finally got delivered in the evening of Friday, the 7th. Not sure why the delay but it was worth the wait. Replacing an old 10 year old Kobo Glo original. Really enjoying it so far.
Thanks to all for the responses.
Oct 1, 2019
140 posts
121 upvotes
I'm so sad I missed out on the prime student discount. Woulda helped a ton
Dec 8, 2017
431 posts
1156 upvotes
QC
coffenk wrote: Finally got delivered in the evening of Friday, the 7th. Not sure why the delay but it was worth the wait. Replacing an old 10 year old Kobo Glo original. Really enjoying it so far.
Thanks to all for the responses.
Haha! It's a great device. I am replacing the same Kobo Glo!
Jun 8, 2019
508 posts
602 upvotes
yes i know
I own a service with Public Mobile and with Fido.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)