• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2020 1:55 pm
[OP]
Aug 29, 2006
904 posts
671 upvotes
Bradford

[Amazon.ca] Kindle Unlimited 0.99 for 3 months

Kindle Unlimited - "Read on any device" (with kindle app).

Normally it is 30 day free, but now 3 months for 0.99 (remember to cancel before period ends otherwise 9.99 per month).
https://www.amazon.ca/kindle-dbs/hz/sub ... abled=true

Browse the catalog: https://www.amazon.ca/b/ref=sxts_snpl_3 ... 919d97567e
19 replies
Mar 16, 2018
787 posts
870 upvotes
Hamilton
Amazon seems to think I’m very interested in bodice rippers
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3109 posts
1729 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP - FYI you can cancel today and keep it for the three months.

Edit: also worthwhile to mention I was a previous subscriber
Sep 3, 2019
809 posts
566 upvotes
GTA
Does this mean one can download an unlimited number of ebooks for free during the trial?

Trying to avoid another ridiculous Audible type of subscription.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2014
1010 posts
506 upvotes
AstonM wrote: Thanks OP - FYI you can cancel today and keep it for the three months.

Edit: also worthwhile to mention I was a previous subscriber
tell me mr. previous subscriber,

What is the key to figuring out if they’ll have a book? Is it 2 years after publication? 5 years after publication? Random? By sales volume?
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1946 posts
824 upvotes
Antarctica
Thanks OP for the heads up. Re-subscribed.

I have found Kindle unlimited to be pretty useful once I switched to ebooks especially with these deals every few months. I use Libby and Overdrive but most of the books I wanted to read would always be on hold by multiple people. Paying $1 to instantly access and read them for the next 3 months is great.
Mar 1, 2017
392 posts
140 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote: Thanks OP for the heads up. Re-subscribed.

I have found Kindle unlimited to be pretty useful once I switched to ebooks especially with these deals every few months. I use Libby and Overdrive but most of the books I wanted to read would always be on hold by multiple people. Paying $1 to instantly access and read them for the next 3 months is great.
Can you use overdrive with kindle? I thought it wouldn’t take library books.
Jan 6, 2020
32 posts
70 upvotes
Thanks! Going to enjoy reading some new titles over the course of the upcoming holiday.
Nov 18, 2015
49 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
When does the deal end?
Can u sign up for the 3 months and then do the free 30 day trial or vice versa?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1819 posts
855 upvotes
Home
QuicKi7 wrote: Does this mean one can download an unlimited number of ebooks for free during the trial?
I was thinking same but I dont think so. Wouldn't that be a deal lol.
The "unlimited" is about devices I think.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2004
1112 posts
95 upvotes
albertngi wrote: When does the deal end?
Can u sign up for the 3 months and then do the free 30 day trial or vice versa?
Just tried. Doesn't work. Can't get the trial and then extend it using the 3 months deal. Still thanks OP For the heads up.. worth it even if I just read a few books these 3 months!
Jan 3, 2013
756 posts
2666 upvotes
Toronto
QuicKi7 wrote: Does this mean one can download an unlimited number of ebooks for free during the trial?

Trying to avoid another ridiculous Audible type of subscription.
I just signed up, it seems like you have check out up to ten books at a time, return them and get more. So it is unlimited, but the problem is that the selection is not great. All the newer books and most popular titles are not included.

Anyways, for $1, it’s worth it on the off chance there is a single book you want to read. Definitely not worth $10 a month, IMO.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5476 posts
2296 upvotes
HUH?
Any idea why?
Sorry, but this account is not eligible to sign up for Kindle Unlimited. Please contact customer service for help.

UPDATE: quick chat with support and they fixed the problem :)
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3536 posts
316 upvotes
Is Kindle unlimited included with Amazon Prime and does anyone know how many Kindle’s you can associate to it at one time? Family of 6 Kindles here!
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1946 posts
824 upvotes
Antarctica
mikefly wrote: Can you use overdrive with kindle? I thought it wouldn’t take library books.
I use a tablet for kindle and overdrive apps. You don't need a Kindle to use kindle unlimited.
Nov 18, 2015
49 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
When is the last day we can sign up for it? I’m trying to delay sign up as late as possible.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12716 posts
21940 upvotes
Got it for wife . Tons of romance novels while am busy with Cyberpunk
Jul 22, 2018
20 posts
31 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote: I use a tablet for kindle and overdrive apps. You don't need a Kindle to use kindle unlimited.
To answer the question from mikefly, you cannot use a Kindle to read Overdrive books from a public library in Canada. If reading Overdrive books is important to you, then you should purchase a Kobo instead of a Kindle. Or, as Crichtonfan suggested, you can purchase a table and install the Kindle and Libby Overdrive apps which will give you the best of both worlds.

The confusion crops up because Overdrive has enabled Kindle access to its library for the US market. Unfortunately, the functionality hasn’t been enabled for Canada yet.

Here’s a thread with more details:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kindle/comment ... in_canada/
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4836 posts
6871 upvotes
Vancouver
stephroll wrote: Got it for wife . Tons of romance novels while am busy with Cyberpunk
In that case, it's a bargain!! Face With Tears Of Joy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since joining RFD, I’ve discovered that buying low end junk for cheap means you've just wasted the money that you could have put toward some better stuff….!