Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

KitchenAid KSMFGA Food Grinder Attachment ($34.98, historically lowest)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2021 11:51 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2006
1155 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto
shadow_cruiser wrote: It looks like all the aftermarket ones on Amazon are now made of aluminum, if anyone finds a stainless aftermarket piece that's cheaper than the original, link here please
I spent 110 on this one and put everything in the dishwasher when I'm done. Pricey but worth the convenience of not having to hand wash everytime.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07D5PLN2N/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
buffylover wrote: im pretty sure thincrust hates you
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
4182 posts
708 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Also missed it... wouldn't have hurt to try for $35
May 10, 2006
149 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
I really want one of these but but just had a thought, can't we just buy quality meat from the grocery store and get them to grind it? That way you get good quality ground meat and no added cost?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1630 posts
533 upvotes
Toronto
shortye wrote: have been using it once every 3 weeks to grind chicken with bones to make raw cat food. So far so good, no issues with thigh bones or drumsticks and going strong after 8 months.
Side note. Do you just take extra meat you have (raw) and just grind it up and feed it to your cat. I want to try feeding raw food to my cat, but I always grew up with the raw chicken = salmonella, so I always wondered, do I need to cook it, or just shred the raw meat and give it to my cat. How do I know my cat won't get salmonella?
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1873 posts
1452 upvotes
whileheavenwept wrote: I really want one of these but but just had a thought, can't we just buy quality meat from the grocery store and get them to grind it? That way you get good quality ground meat and no added cost?
Not all grocery stores have butchers to grind the prepackaged meat they sell, and when they do, may not be on schedule at the time you shop. Longo's has butchers, but, they won't grind if the grinder has been cleaned for the day, they'll only do it if it's already going.

Having your own, allows you to mix cuts for custom results. I cut a top sirloin primal to roasts and trim the top layer of fat, cut cubes for stews and kebabs, and then combine the trimmed fat with the left over meat sirloin, and add a portion of chuck for a 80/20 mix of ground beef to my specific grind consistency. My cost for the ground beef is higher than buying pre-ground meat, but I am getting better ground beef. I also end up with a nicely trimmed cap to use for tacos, burritos or pulled beef sandwiches.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29320 posts
14828 upvotes
"Grey ooze" reports have stopped so it sounds like they finally fixed the tolerance issues on their grind plates. I've had 4 of these in the past and every single one had the grey ooze issue.
It had to do with the auger rubbing on the grind plate creating metal shavings mixing with the fat and creating a grey ooze.
If they fixed it, it was a pretty okay entry level grinder.
pvdv wrote: This plastic part from Kitchenaid does not include the sausage stuffers (+$25)
To be honest... you're not missing anything. Trying to stuff sausages through a grinder is a work in futility.
If you're gonna make sausage, buy a piston stuffer. I can stuff 10lbs of sausage by the time you stuff 3 links.

kimwoobingsu wrote: Having said that, one problem with plastic grinders is that if there are any issues with the mechanism or excessive wear inside the unit you may get small bits of plastic in your food.
Specifically with this unit and not plastic in general, metal is more likely.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Nov 23, 2008
351 posts
276 upvotes
Fluid wrote: Side note. Do you just take extra meat you have (raw) and just grind it up and feed it to your cat. I want to try feeding raw food to my cat, but I always grew up with the raw chicken = salmonella, so I always wondered, do I need to cook it, or just shred the raw meat and give it to my cat. How do I know my cat won't get salmonella?
I usually pop them in the oven at 350F for about 15 mins to "disinfect" the top bacteria layer. Then you need to a a predetermined amount of skin and bones then vitamins, water, etc . PM me if you want the recipe. My cats are doing so much better on raw compared to dry kibbles.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1865 posts
1525 upvotes
Center of the univer…
Deal dead?
May 26, 2020
40 posts
22 upvotes
After missing this deal yesterday, I was able to order it at the same price today! Thanks OP! Now I just need to return the one I ordered from Bed, Bath & Beyond for $52.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)