Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Amazon.ca: Kitchenaid Prof 600 50%off $349.99 Hottt!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2014 12:10 am
[OP]
Mar 1, 2011
334 posts
190 upvotes
Saskatoon

[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca: Kitchenaid Prof 600 50%off $349.99 Hottt!

Amazon has this on for 1/2 price of $349.99 as part of the lighting deal for Canada day. These are the specs:

:arrow: 575-watt motor, 6-Quart Polished Stainless Steel Wide-Mouth Bowl with Contoured Handle
:arrow: Bowl-Lift Design
:arrow: Soft Start Mixing Feature - 10-speed slide control ranges
:arrow: 67 Point Planetary Mixing Action.
:arrow :D irect Drive Transmission, All-Steel Gears, and All-Metal Construction

Here is the link:http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00132Y60Y
This is even better than the sale price of $449.99 plus the rebate coupon.

Cheers.
16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7923 posts
4635 upvotes
Montreal
Seems like only the meringue one is a lightning deal at $349.99.

The red Empire one is $369.99.
May 11, 2011
125 posts
11 upvotes
Some of the reviews have me scared of this model.. Seems like it has poor quality internals?
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2584 posts
3192 upvotes
Fredericton
hermansb wrote: Some of the reviews have me scared of this model.. Seems like it has poor quality internals?
4.5 stars at Amazon.ca, 89 reviews.

4 stars, Amazon.com, 2277 reviews.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4187 posts
2732 upvotes
Ottawa
Own this. Huge. Massive, wife can't move it. Don't buy unless you want to heave it around.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3082 posts
2599 upvotes
GTA Ontario
shylok wrote: Own this. Huge. Massive, wife can't move it. Don't buy unless you want to heave it around.
Or have a spot for it that it can stay in, or have a suitable pull-out like a Rev-A-Shelf mixer lift for one example.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2004
1115 posts
150 upvotes
Isn't this the same one as the one they sell at costco now? usually goes for $379 but often it would go for $299.... It looks like a very similar model if not exactly the same...
quality wise it's not like how they used to make it. My first KA mixer from costco lasted over 7 years... after that, they never lasted over one year. We do use it daily very heavy duty.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29047 posts
14591 upvotes
OakAged wrote: Or have a spot for it that it can stay in, or have a suitable pull-out like a Rev-A-Shelf mixer lift for one example.
That's a good freakin' idea. I kind of want one.

EDIT: I wonder how stable this shelf is. When working on a stiff dough my mixer damn near crawls around the counter.
Jul 23, 2011
681 posts
189 upvotes
galantgtz99 wrote: Isn't this the same one as the one they sell at costco now? usually goes for $379 but often it would go for $299.... It looks like a very similar model if not exactly the same...
quality wise it's not like how they used to make it. My first KA mixer from costco lasted over 7 years... after that, they never lasted over one year. We do use it daily very heavy duty.
Try Kenwood. I make bread twice a week and my Kenwood is going strong after 5 years of service.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29047 posts
14591 upvotes
galantgtz99 wrote: Isn't this the same one as the one they sell at costco now? usually goes for $379 but often it would go for $299.... It looks like a very similar model if not exactly the same...
It's similar, but not identical. The Costco model is exclusive to Costco and has a bunch of weird quirks. None of the bowl attachments work for the 6qt Costco model (eg flat beaters and whisks).
I'm not sure if you can buy the 6qt bowl and retrofit it onto the Costco model either.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3809 posts
3751 upvotes
Montreal
This model is bad. I had one, it run hotter and noisier compare to other KitchenAid Pro 550 mixer (I got this one too). Used it less than a month, the motor broke and make a really loud noise. No problem exchange for first time via Amazon. The second one is similar hot, noise... Motor broke again, this time call KitchenAid, they really don't want to exchange to a new one even it still under the warranty. They keep saying the motor really loud noise is normal. I have to ask for a manager and let him listen to the noise over the phone and he agreed that it was bad, allow exchange another one. However, he said this is the last one allowing to exchange. So much for unlimited exchange written on the box lol. I have to ask them to give me a different model and pay more for the Qt 7 because I know that if I get another same one 600 then it might likely have the same problem for this model.

This KitchenAid Stand Mixer - 7 qt 1.3 HP Motor seems stronger, better, quiet and run not hot.

http://www.kitchenaid.ca/en_CA/shop/cou ... mixers-3/-[KSM7581MS]-2101245/KSM7581MS/

or the 1HP 6000 is better than this 600

http://www.costco.ca/KitchenAid%C2%AE-P ... 57967.html
Dec 17, 2006
379 posts
172 upvotes
Thanks OP!

Now I just need a hotdeal on some of the accessories... I know they come up from time to time. Has anyone seen deals on pasta maker for the mixer?
Aug 21, 2013
301 posts
311 upvotes
Kitchener
I read a lot of reviews on mixers before buying one, I ended up with a Bosch one, the Kitchenaids seem to be hit and miss with quality and appear to have no over load protection on their motors. All the reviews I read basically said if you want to make bread then dont bother with a kitchenaid, they wont last, lighter stuff and you should be ok. Most sites seemed to recommend Bosch or Electrolux for heavy duty, they are expensive though.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
2666 posts
1788 upvotes
London
So much mis-information.
Go back and search multiple past postings on this subject, but I'll try to stop some of it.
hermansb wrote: Some of the reviews have me scared of this model.. Seems like it has poor quality internals?
You must be cherry picking reviews.
You'll find the majority are positive.
Ignore old ones referring to plastic gears failing (actually was a gear housing and people didn't know the difference).
That was solved years ago.
shylok wrote: Own this. Huge. Massive, wife can't move it. Don't buy unless you want to heave it around.
It's not meant to move any significant distance.
Leave it on your counter and just slide it out of the way, if neccessary.
It and any brand of stand mixer are not intended to be portable.
That's like saying I can't park a pickup where I park a motorcycle.
They used to sell the Pro 550 (virtually identical to Pro 600), but have a different one now. 6000?
death_hawk wrote: It's similar, but not identical. The Costco model is exclusive to Costco and has a bunch of weird quirks. None of the bowl attachments work for the 6qt Costco model (eg flat beaters and whisks).
I'm not sure if you can buy the 6qt bowl and retrofit it onto the Costco model either.
I realize you are referring to the newer Costco model, but for information, the Pro 600 is much like the Pro 550 that Costco used to sell (maybe up til about 1 year ago?).
Anything going into the bowl fits between the two.
It's 5.5 qt vs. 6 qt and the difference is in bowl height.
The rim is different and covers won't fit.
Since the housing is identical to the 600, a 6 qt bowl will fit both.
X360 wrote: This model is bad. I had one, it run hotter and noisier compare to other KitchenAid Pro 550 mixer (I got this one too).
Impossible.
The Pro 550 and Pro 600 are the same in all regards except bowl, lift handle and bowl cover.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29047 posts
14591 upvotes
arisk wrote: I realize you are referring to the newer Costco model, but for information, the Pro 600 is much like the Pro 550 that Costco used to sell (maybe up til about 1 year ago?).
Anything going into the bowl fits between the two.
I learned that through A LOT of Googling. Unfortunately the new 6000? has a FAR different bowl than I've ever seen.
Some quick Googling tells me that no current beaters (at least the flex edge) fit the 6000. I'm not sure what whisk or dough hook works either.
I'm tempted to order a bowl from someone who has a good return policy and see what fits. This new bowl is the stupidest thing I've seen.
Feb 18, 2014
682 posts
1408 upvotes
Nope. To elaborate on arisk's post, the 6000 might sound and look like the Pro 600 but the 1 HP (~750w) listed on the Costco website for the 6000 is referring to DC power... whereas the 575w power listed for the Pro 600 by OP is in AC power. If you look at the bottom of the 6000, it actually states that it is a 350w machine.