Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Korean Gochujang Pepper Paste $9.99 1kg.

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2021 1:00 pm
Oct 15, 2013
956 posts
1387 upvotes
On the other side I’ve had four deliveries of this type of thing including 2KG this weekend and never had an issue.

Amazon will obviously replace or refund if there is a problem, so little to no consumer risk. I suppose try to not order at the same time as something that will stain.
Of course if you can get it locally and maybe even cheaper than that would be ideal.
Aug 14, 2019
418 posts
527 upvotes
do you have to be a kpop fan to enjoy this ingredient?
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1021 posts
867 upvotes
ProfProcyon wrote: do you have to be a kpop fan to enjoy this ingredient?
No, but you do have to be clever if you want your joke to land. This ain't it, chief.
Selling:
My Soul -- PM Me
Feb 18, 2009
258 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
please do not use gochujang for kimchi. it's like saying you can use ketchup in ragu
EbonyRose wrote: Usually, kimchi is made with gochugaru (chili flakes), but you can make it with gochujang as well. I've done both and it works.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1013 posts
1562 upvotes
ProfProcyon wrote: do you have to be a kpop fan to enjoy this ingredient?
I don't believe, so, but I'm sure it helps. If you become interested in a culture or are trying to learn a language, you'd probably look into different aspects in that culture/language. If you're learning Spanish, it seems reasonable that you might be more likely to buy or make food from Spanish speaking places.
Outlaw ellipses and apostrophes.

Now, you've got ven more options whn paying for transit with PRESTO contactless payment on UP Express.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2535 upvotes
Markham, ON
I make a huge batch of spicy chicken and freeze it...costco size chicken kinda forces u to.

One box usually last about 3 batches. You can get recipes on YouTube.

I also use this to make soontobu paste and freeze it. It's an instant dish that takes like 5 mins....frozen soontobu paste...water...silken tofu and one egg.
Jan 23, 2009
645 posts
588 upvotes
VI
moonjo wrote: please do not use gochujang for kimchi. it's like saying you can use ketchup in ragu
You've obviously never tried Filipino spaghetti sauce.
Dec 11, 2020
96 posts
343 upvotes
If you are a local from Vancouver/Burnaby area, I believe ASSI Market on Kingsway holds a variety of Gochujang sauce for a much cheaper price.
Nov 29, 2015
232 posts
1080 upvotes
These are the three brands Koreans usually stick to.

Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
Which brand do they use on Korean Air? I tried a few of these none tastes the same. LOL
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Aug 17, 2017
216 posts
192 upvotes
Coquitlam
Korean Air makes their own. You can buy them from their website or during the flight. Or you can make them home. It's just ground beef and gochujang.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3685 posts
4751 upvotes
B.C.
3express wrote: Bibimbap time
kangarooz wrote: Which brand do they use on Korean Air? I tried a few of these none tastes the same. LOL
probably because it's not gochujang they are using, but a sauce made with gochujang.
Normally gochujang is used as base to make another sauce or dish.
if you want sauce for Bibimbap, get Bibimbap gochujang, or make your own using gochujang.

Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
1689 posts
1539 upvotes
ben35 wrote: Is this what is used to make Kimchi?
nah, use it to make delicious dishes such as Pork Belly (삼겹살), marinate it overnight in gochujang and other stuff (like onions), then stir fry it the next day
Jul 7, 2007
133 posts
68 upvotes
thelefteyeguy wrote: I make a huge batch of spicy chicken and freeze it...costco size chicken kinda forces u to.

One box usually last about 3 batches. You can get recipes on YouTube.

I also use this to make soontobu paste and freeze it. It's an instant dish that takes like 5 mins....frozen soontobu paste...water...silken tofu and one egg.
Do you have a recipe link I can start out with?

Is It typically, Gochujang, Gochugaru, A Little Sugar and Soy?, I can never make it taste right.
Jan 12, 2009
133 posts
61 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
A friend of mine suggested I try this ingredient, but I'm not sure how to use. Does anyone have any recipes that they would recommend? Help a white brother out ;)
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2018
2725 posts
2535 upvotes
this is actually a terrible deal lol.
NOT A WOMAN. JUST GOT A WEIRD NAME. I AM A MAN. THANKS.
Oct 30, 2012
432 posts
795 upvotes
Good deal if you don't live near a Korean grocery store.

This is typical price, or possibly a little more expensive, than what I pay at my local Korean place.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)