[Amazon.ca] Koss Porta Pro KTC - $61.74

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2021 11:16 am
[OP]
Nov 7, 2016
363 posts
258 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Koss Porta Pro KTC - $61.74

This is the best headphone in this price range. The KTC version is with the microphone and the volume controller.

I was waiting for these to go on sale. Been a while since they went on sale last time.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3080 posts
773 upvotes
BC
Ok, this is legitimately going to sound crazy. I have several kilobuck headphones, but I picked up a ksc75, similar driver as these, yesterday. They sound really, really good. If you have a separate dac/amp connect these to them! These suckers scaled up to at least my $2k in dac/amps/source. Warning they have zero sub bass, same issue as the hd6xx.

Unfortunately, the cable for the ksc75 broke in less than a day. Build quality on these thing suck. I plan to re-wire the drivers to balanced neutrik connector for the luls.
Jun 2, 2011
87 posts
112 upvotes
VANCOUVER
For another option you can get the limited edition models (gold or beige) directly from koss.com for $60 usd - 15% for creating a new account.
The limited version comes with a neat circular case.
Free shipping to Canada.

It should work out to about $65 cad + tax if I've done the math correctly.

*Edit use code ccp20 for 20% off, now the total should be similar to the OP's deal.
Last edited by mizunox on Feb 1st, 2021 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4787 posts
2497 upvotes
Always thought these look like... well, this...
⬇⬇⬇ FOR SALE: ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Apr 15, 2006
998 posts
408 upvotes
AMC owns Koss! Buy AMC stock - to the moon!
Oct 24, 2009
39 posts
36 upvotes
YVR
Koss is a sensitive keyword at the moment...
Just a guy passing by...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9976 posts
2623 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Retro looking and foldable but not very confy, I prefered my Senn PX100
Sep 17, 2007
732 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
dvdvideo wrote: Yes the deal earlier was better direct from koss, but no time machine available now. Two things:

-These feel very cheaply built
-They do sound fantastic
Before you say no time machine available, did you ask these headphones, how they made it to 2021?
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21739 posts
24876 upvotes
Toronto
Friendly reminder - Koss has free lifetime warranty. You only pay for shipping.

I bought a pair of big cans from them in the early 90s. Got em replaced twice when they failed. Very nice customer service.

https://www.koss.com/support/warranty-repair
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9286 posts
1492 upvotes
I have no idea what the hell you said here... but KOSS to the moon!
Ren wrote: Ok, this is legitimately going to sound crazy. I have several kilobuck headphones, but I picked up a ksc75, similar driver as these, yesterday. They sound really, really good. If you have a separate dac/amp connect these to them! These suckers scaled up to at least my $2k in dac/amps/source. Warning they have zero sub bass, same issue as the hd6xx.

Unfortunately, the cable for the ksc75 broke in less than a day. Build quality on these thing suck. I plan to re-wire the drivers to balanced neutrik connector for the luls.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Nov 10, 2013
367 posts
271 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
My first pair of cans was Koss, I always liked their products. I have porta pros for god knows how many years, I had to replace the foam covers once, and they're exactly as said upthread - they're ugly, lightweight, catch on my hear and sound good. I had another pair of slightly fancier model, that one the wire broke.
Let's not get carried away with comparisons, they can't compare to my BDs.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1032 posts
896 upvotes
Toronto
I remember wanting the exact pair back in high school around 2005 and even at that time, these looked ugly. Surprised they look exactly the same 15 years later.
Feb 2, 2015
446 posts
656 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I've always thought these looked like something one would wear when venturing out of their home during some unpredictable dystopian future. Great for 2021
Dec 11, 2013
320 posts
190 upvotes
Victoria
Thanks, OP. I think I'll get a set of Porta Pro wireless when it's back in stock.