• Aug 10th, 2020 6:31 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2631 posts
3430 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Amazon.ca] Kraft Dinner Original Macaroni & Cheese 225g, Pack of 12 • $8.99

If you're a fan of KD Macaroni and "cheese" this deal may be for you, 12pack for $8.99, usually the "brand name" Mac 'n' Cheese goes for $0.85+ a box, sure you can get the private label stuff for 2/$1, but some just prefer the "fancy" stuff, expiry may be somewhere in the year 3065.

Good deal if you don't have a million dollars!!

8 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2019
1005 posts
684 upvotes
GTA
I've completely forgotten about mac and cheese the past ten years. Do you (or anyone) know if there's a low fat and low sodium version? Perhaps made by a house brand? I'm not as young as I used to be and making it out of stratch is off the table. Thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2631 posts
3430 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
SKill7 wrote: I've completely forgotten about mac and cheese the past ten years. Do you (or anyone) know if there's a low fat and low sodium version? Perhaps made by a house brand? I'm not as young as I used to be and making it out of stratch is off the table. Thanks

I do not recall ever seeing a low sodium version, if anything they are packed full of sodium to maintain their 1000yr shelf life. Last time I ate mac n cheese myself is maybe 10-15yrs ago, but my kids love it so I get it for them maybe every other month. There is Annie's Mac n Cheese which goes for about $2/box because it's organic, but still probably not much healthier.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2631 posts
3430 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Amazon's Choice for "food" (quotes on "food" and all) has got to count for something!! :) :)

Mar 6, 2018
69 posts
151 upvotes
PC White Cheddar Mac n Cheese is a game changer and makes any KD deal cold.

You can usually get it for $.80 too.
Jan 19, 2011
52 posts
61 upvotes
SKill7 wrote: I've completely forgotten about mac and cheese the past ten years. Do you (or anyone) know if there's a low fat and low sodium version? Perhaps made by a house brand? I'm not as young as I used to be and making it out of stratch is off the table. Thanks
Annies for the win - low fat? just use less butter and low fat milk.
https://www.annies.com/product/reduced- ... ac-cheese/
Aug 15, 2019
35 posts
10 upvotes
Seconding the PC Mac & Cheese. It's regularly reduced to 89 cents a piece and in my case gets offers for 200 PC points for every dollar spent on it every other week
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2814 posts
2467 upvotes
Prince George
Same price at Canadian Tire - saw the Triangle offer. I think Amazon is just price matching all the B&M stores. Their “sales” often coincide with Walmart etc.

KD does not have a long shelf life. Six months tops and the cheese starts to taste off.
Oct 10, 2011
45 posts
36 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I ordered this deal on Saturday and it arrived Sunday morning. 2 packs, both set to expire February 23, 2021 if anyone is curious.