• Aug 10th, 2020 6:31 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2750 posts
3697 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON

[Amazon.ca] Kraft Dinner Original Macaroni & Cheese 225g, Pack of 12 • $8.99

If you're a fan of KD Macaroni and "cheese" this deal may be for you, 12pack for $8.99, usually the "brand name" Mac 'n' Cheese goes for $0.85+ a box, sure you can get the private label stuff for 2/$1, but some just prefer the "fancy" stuff, expiry may be somewhere in the year 3065.

Good deal if you don't have a million dollars!!

7 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2019
1397 posts
1642 upvotes
GTA
I've completely forgotten about mac and cheese the past ten years. Do you (or anyone) know if there's a low fat and low sodium version? Perhaps made by a house brand? I'm not as young as I used to be and making it out of stratch is off the table. Thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2750 posts
3697 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
SKill7 wrote: I've completely forgotten about mac and cheese the past ten years. Do you (or anyone) know if there's a low fat and low sodium version? Perhaps made by a house brand? I'm not as young as I used to be and making it out of stratch is off the table. Thanks

I do not recall ever seeing a low sodium version, if anything they are packed full of sodium to maintain their 1000yr shelf life. Last time I ate mac n cheese myself is maybe 10-15yrs ago, but my kids love it so I get it for them maybe every other month. There is Annie's Mac n Cheese which goes for about $2/box because it's organic, but still probably not much healthier.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2750 posts
3697 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Amazon's Choice for "food" (quotes on "food" and all) has got to count for something!! :) :)

Mar 6, 2018
69 posts
151 upvotes
PC White Cheddar Mac n Cheese is a game changer and makes any KD deal cold.

You can usually get it for $.80 too.
Jan 19, 2011
52 posts
61 upvotes
SKill7 wrote: I've completely forgotten about mac and cheese the past ten years. Do you (or anyone) know if there's a low fat and low sodium version? Perhaps made by a house brand? I'm not as young as I used to be and making it out of stratch is off the table. Thanks
Annies for the win - low fat? just use less butter and low fat milk.
https://www.annies.com/product/reduced- ... ac-cheese/
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3493 posts
3962 upvotes
Prince George
Same price at Canadian Tire - saw the Triangle offer. I think Amazon is just price matching all the B&M stores. Their “sales” often coincide with Walmart etc.

KD does not have a long shelf life. Six months tops and the cheese starts to taste off.
Oct 10, 2011
60 posts
46 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I ordered this deal on Saturday and it arrived Sunday morning. 2 packs, both set to expire February 23, 2021 if anyone is curious.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)