Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Kraus 32 in single bowl sink (KHU100-32) $343 ($429 at HD)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2020 9:20 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5807 posts
2778 upvotes
Germany
dilligafeh wrote: Why a double bowl ? You have a huge sink but the divider is always in the way.
I could never stand double bowl sinks, as the bowl is too small for big pots always banging the sides and I never fill it up with water to wash dishes so that feature is useless to me.
My wife likes it. She likes having a sink available to have dirty dishes as she cooks while having a clean side for doing other things if needed (E.g., draining pasta, large ice water bath, etc.). I like a single sink, but I'm still married, so...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8727 posts
5114 upvotes
ON
unshavenyak wrote: My wife likes it. She likes having a sink available to have dirty dishes as she cooks while having a clean side for doing other things if needed (E.g., draining pasta, large ice water bath, etc.). I like a single sink, but I'm still married, so...
Lol...that's it, compromise is the key !!
Nov 6, 2013
482 posts
329 upvotes
Montreal, QC
dilligafeh wrote: Dude you have to stop making guests wash their plates...
loool, in these unusual times...
Apr 9, 2006
154 posts
62 upvotes
Ville-Marie
Where does it made from? China?
Dec 13, 2009
42 posts
6 upvotes
Has anyone coming across a black stainless farmhouse style sink for a decent price?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3281 posts
2160 upvotes
Langley
Isn't costco's sink a better deal, plus it has a cutting board and strainer built in. $249 at Costco I believe.

It was 32", 16 gauge, with strainer, cutting board, and metal crate thingy
Last edited by jellytime on Sep 23rd, 2020 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3281 posts
2160 upvotes
Langley
If you don't have a dishwasher, you need a double bowl sink. If you have a dishwasher, a single bowl sink is preferred. Can't beat single bowl for large pots. BUT, without a dishwasher, I need a double to do dishes efficiently.
Jul 18, 2012
430 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
Question - my current cutout in the counttop measures 16 x 30. Given the KHU100 is 30x17 (the inner dimensions) - do I need to get my countertop cut further length wise?
Feb 11, 2017
36 posts
188 upvotes
I have an unopened one from earlier deal brought for kitchen remodeling and ended up using a model offered by countertop company

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00K2QO06M/ref ... AFbGJB0JAK

Bought for $410 (including tax). If anyone is interested in it, I am located in Ajax, ON (currently 795 on Amazon and 996 in home Depot)
Oct 13, 2005
241 posts
105 upvotes
+1 for Kraus - I have one too.

Only minor complaint is that it's prone to water spots if you don't wipe it down - but that's true of all bucket stainless tubs like this.

I did a lot of research - the company is quick to answer questions if you contact them. Very good product.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
7050 posts
3065 upvotes
GTA
I have this exact same sink, got it for $200 two years ago. It's a good sink - I would be glad to pay $343 for it any day :)
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1634 posts
630 upvotes
I think I have the same sink, got it 2 years ago and I love it. Having a large sink in the kitchen is a life saver. Make sure you put down the rack thing on the bottom though as I think otherwise the bottom will scratch quickly. Overall, very happy with the purchase.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
46481 posts
6885 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jellytime wrote: If you don't have a dishwasher, you need a double bowl sink. If you have a dishwasher, a single bowl sink is preferred. Can't beat single bowl for large pots. BUT, without a dishwasher, I need a double to do dishes efficiently.
YMMV. We don't use a dishwasher, my dad got the single bowl and we got the double bowl. I can tell you our next one will be a single bowl.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7604 posts
881 upvotes
Waterloo
I could swear Costco's version is cheaper and really good quality, It even includes a cutting board. It has held up for the last 4 months
Jul 18, 2012
430 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
robbiemurray wrote: Question - my current cutout in the counttop measures 16 x 30. Given the KHU100 is 30x17 (the inner dimensions) - do I need to get my countertop cut further length wise?
Anyone?
Jul 7, 2003
608 posts
300 upvotes
robbiemurray wrote: Question - my current cutout in the counttop measures 16 x 30. Given the KHU100 is 30x17 (the inner dimensions) - do I need to get my countertop cut further length wise?
If you look at the installation instructions, you can do a negative reveal but it is only 1/8" back. That will only give a total 1/2" and the difference between your cutout and the Kraus sink is 1". Maybe you can get away with it but I think it would look weird having it set back so far.
Dec 15, 2017
76 posts
24 upvotes
I picked up this sink for $202 after taxes in 2018 and it is an amazing sink. I love how deep it is. We are really happy with the quality. If they ever go on sale for 50% off again I might be one or two more.. never know when I might reno the laundry room or buy a new house and need to reno the kitchen again
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3281 posts
2160 upvotes
Langley
Jon Lai wrote: YMMV. We don't use a dishwasher, my dad got the single bowl and we got the double bowl. I can tell you our next one will be a single bowl.
How can you wash dishes efficiently in a single bowl sink? I would put dirty dishes in one side and clean soapy dishes to be rinsed in the other side. If I only had one big sink, I don't know how I would wash without getting dirt on the soapy dishes to get washed?
sassysue wrote: I could swear Costco's version is cheaper and really good quality, It even includes a cutting board. It has held up for the last 4 months
It is. I bought mine from Costco and I believe it was $249 with the extras
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
46481 posts
6885 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jellytime wrote: How can you wash dishes efficiently in a single bowl sink? I would put dirty dishes in one side and clean soapy dishes to be rinsed in the other side. If I only had one big sink, I don't know how I would wash without getting dirt on the soapy dishes to get washed?
I'm assuming you fill the bowl up with water? I don't do that, so I just physically arrange the dirty/soaped dishes either on the left or right side of the bowl as I wish.