Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

La Roche-Posay Body and Face Sunscreen 150mL SPF60 - $23.96 (ATL)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2022 3:03 pm
Aug 18, 2020
95 posts
90 upvotes
noxlord wrote: The best sunscreen I ever used is on sale from Amazon japan and they ship to Canada: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B07MQCKZWM/

It's a gel so non greasy and not runny. I used the LRP ultra fluid before and found it aweful feeling. The sunscreen posted in op is good for outdoor activities but the biore I linked have a good feeling on my skin. I highly recommend it.
Definitely a solid product, but do note that alcohol is the second ingredient on the list. Not ideal if your skin is prone to drying out.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13069 posts
3758 upvotes
noxlord wrote: The best sunscreen I ever used is on sale from Amazon japan and they ship to Canada: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B07MQCKZWM/

It's a gel so non greasy and not runny. I used the LRP ultra fluid before and found it aweful feeling. The sunscreen posted in op is good for outdoor activities but the biore I linked have a good feeling on my skin. I highly recommend it.
I use the Aqua one and my Brother In Law brings a ton from HK back to me here, I have so many bottles and use it daily. My go-to for sure.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3162 posts
3308 upvotes
IMO a lot of sunscreen is cheapest at SDM. Same discount as other retailers plus, at worst, 20x the points and at best, buy 1 get 1 free.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2012
1430 posts
1157 upvotes
Minsungso wrote: GARNIER_OMBRELLE_COMPLETE_SPF60_2_x_200_mL_20220520_89159.jpg

It's pretty much the same UV filters and ingredients as GARNIER OMBRELLE COMPLETE which you can buy 400ml for $19.99 on sale at Costco. Those brands are both under Loreal and that's why it has Mexoryl SX and Mexoryl XL. Pretty good newer filters but look super shiny on the skin
Do you know how long this sale is on for?
Aug 8, 2012
187 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto

And if you live near a T&T, they sell it there for $16. Also, some Nations and Oceans supermarkets have it as well from what I've seen. Definitely my favourite sunscreen
Apr 16, 2015
31 posts
34 upvotes
Winnipeg
Luyuan20 wrote: Do you know how long this sale is on for?
It's not on sale right now but it goes on sale often
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27158 posts
37134 upvotes
What's the lightest sun screen that you don't feel or notice once on, that doesn't also stain clothes?

Oily solutions are a no go.

SPF 30 minimum.

I'm looking for face, head, and neck sunscreen.

By the way, I respect everyone's aesthetic preference, but this is for someone who's quite fair and dermatologist encouraged to wear sun screen.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3162 posts
3308 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: What's the lightest sun screen that you don't feel or notice once on, that doesn't also stain clothes?

SPF 30 minimum.

By the way, I respect everyone's aesthetic preference, but this is for someone who's quite fair and dermatologist encouraged to wear sun screen.
If you have access to Asian supermarkets/skin care store, the boire uv aqua rich is pretty good. See sample product link below (link is Walmart 3rd party, it's just for the picture of what the product looks like for reference).

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/BIORE-UV-A ... JOPU70C3SK

Also want to add the "Skin Aqua" brand is similar, also made in Japan. Not sure where you live but the largest chain to find this is at T&T.
Mar 9, 2010
966 posts
1320 upvotes
HRM, NS
Thanks OP. My daughter has really sensitive skin and this is one of the only ones that doesn't irritate her.
Aug 8, 2016
480 posts
78 upvotes

Is there any way to avoid shipping and dutie fees?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2007
1104 posts
1237 upvotes
As others have mentioned, some of the more often quoted sunscreens:

La Roche Anthelios Ultra Fluid - very light. Liquidy/runny (some people might not like). Not greasy at all. Non-sheen.
Cerave Ultra Light Moisturizing Lotion (SPF 30) - good daily use, particular if you don't spend a lot of time outside. A bit thicker like a face cream, so a bit easier to apply. Not greasy, but not as flat as the Anthelios Ultra Fluid.
Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen - a bit greasier, very expensive. Tried a bit, but didn't like it.
Biore - Probably my next go to, to try. Reviews seem good, but less readily available in Canada
Chaselap wrote: Is there any way to avoid shipping and dutie fees?
No, you are ordering from Amazon Japan, so you will have to pay shipping and duties.
Apr 5, 2010
527 posts
246 upvotes
Mississauga
So many products to choose and compare. I went to Sephora website and just filtered to see highly reviewed items and found Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum Face Sunscreen SPF 42.

but interested to know why no one on here has this on their lists?
Aug 18, 2020
95 posts
90 upvotes
dealixious wrote: So many products to choose and compare. I went to Sephora website and just filtered to see highly reviewed items and found Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum Face Sunscreen SPF 42.

but interested to know why no one on here has this on their lists?
I've heard good things about it, but it's above what I'd normally be willing to pay for a sunscreen.

The issue with sunscreens in Canada is that we only have a handful of filters approved for use, and a regulatory process that disincentivizes innovation. It's hard to justify buying a $40 sunscreen when it has the exact same active ingredients as a $5 drug store product.

There are, however, a number of newer filters that have been approved by Health Canada in recent years, namely Mexoryl XL, Mexoryl SX, Tinosorb S, and Tinosorb M.

The first two are proprietary filters owned by L'Oreal, the parent company of La Roche-Posay and Ombrelle, which is why people have been recommending these brands in this thread. L'Oreal is also one of the two companies in Canada that I'm aware of that use the other two filters, Bioderma being the only other one.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
2484 posts
3179 upvotes
Ottawa
redflagdealsguy wrote: What's the lightest sun screen that you don't feel or notice once on, that doesn't also stain clothes?

SPF 30 minimum.

My (Asian) wife (who dislikes the sun) gave me this: https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/u ... 05:product

I find it works really well for me. I have oily skin and it takes me lots of testing to find moisturizers and other face products that don't cause me to become oily x3 after application. This one goes on and absorbs super quick and I don't feel it nor do I see the white that most sunscreens leave over. Not cheap but something to stock up on during Sephora's 20% sales.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27158 posts
37134 upvotes
Masernaut wrote: My (Asian) wife (who dislikes the sun) gave me this: https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/u ... 05:product

I find it works really well for me. I have oily skin and it takes me lots of testing to find moisturizers and other face products that don't cause me to become oily x3 after application. This one goes on and absorbs super quick and I don't feel it nor do I see the white that most sunscreens leave over. Not cheap but something to stock up on during Sephora's 20% sales.
Great. Thank you, to both you and @slimysnot.

Stay grateful, gents.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Nov 22, 2014
611 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
Bot the Biore Aqua in japan a couple yrs ago, pretty good. It melts into your skin quickly.

May try one bottle of this La Roche, thx OP
Apr 18, 2002
602 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto

I've never used Amazon Japan. Do I have to create a new account with Amazon Japan in order to purchase? My Canadian Amazon account doesn't seem to work on the Japanese site.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7556 posts
6834 upvotes
pprider wrote: It has the same ingredients but probably in different concentrations.
They're the exact same.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)